PDA

View Full Version : Rendering Alpha 1

bracki7
03-26-2009, 03:37 PM
Helo!
I have a problem with my model of bootle. I make a model of glass bootle. Look nice, but in Alpha channel was only a few blick. Can i render only Alpha channel? Or, where I can change what should be in Alpha channel?
Like always, thanks for any help.

btw, any of You played in Urban Terror? :))

Andrewstopheles
03-26-2009, 04:00 PM
The alpha will show nothing wherever there is a blank background or transparent object. If your bottle is partially transparent then this affects how the bottle affects the alpha channel. To see the alpha channel you need to use Lightwave's built in Image Viewer or save to a file format that keeps the alpha channel intact - photoshop 32bit is a good example.

bracki7
03-27-2009, 03:49 AM
I know that, I used psd file with alpha channel created by LW many times before and it worked. But now isnt. And i wonder why :) The bootle was rendering for over 70 hours and i dont want waiting again :) So I looking another way, maybe by rendering only a alpha channel. Thats why I asked for it. So, anybode else?

3DGFXStudios
03-27-2009, 06:09 AM
You can change what's in the alpha channel in the surface editor under the advanced tab you find some options there. Also in the object properties you can set your alpha channel to black for instance.