PDA

View Full Version : Fiber Fx Unstable?

glasstrails
03-24-2009, 09:26 PM
Just curious to know if Fiber FX is really as crash prone as it seems to be for me. If I tweak a model as soon as it updates in Layout everything crashes. When I opened up my scene after taking a break my Fiber FX were active and would draw correctly in Open GL but would not render during test renders. I tried to reload my saved Fiber FX and as soon as I did Layout crashed. I know my system is more than powerful enough to handle this and I have not had any issue with Lightwave crashing until I started learning Fiber FX. Just wondering if this is a known issue or not.

SplineGod
03-25-2009, 12:03 AM
Its always been unstable. I still see a fair number of people having various problems with it.

glasstrails
03-25-2009, 11:58 AM
It's rather unfortunate that it seems so unstable. FiberFx is quite powerful and intuitive and I came up with some really nice results, without a lot of hassle after playing with it for a couple days, while it was behaving...

adamredwoods
03-25-2009, 12:57 PM
apply the "keep it simple" rule to FiberFX. It's ok for some things.

Lexxiam
03-26-2009, 07:15 AM
In my case FiberFX crash LW when Subdivision Order is Last:help:

IMI
03-27-2009, 09:40 PM
In my case FiberFX crash LW when Subdivision Order is Last:help:

That could just be a coincidence. I think it has a built-in crash randomizer which allows it to be more creative and less predictably consistent with its crashes.

It's just part of the FiberFX Experience, kind of a game, if you will - see how far you can get before it crashes or wigs out, and then try to beat that record later. ;)

SplineGod
03-28-2009, 12:52 AM
Well that randomizer works damn good. :)

biliousfrog
03-28-2009, 06:34 AM
I have the same randomizer installed in Modeler for when I make multiple layers 'active'...such fun to see when the Hub last saved the object.

simpfendoerfer
04-03-2009, 01:11 PM
Very unstable here too. And I am working already in Windows. Especially annoying when it crashes and you can't open the scene anymore.

Wonder if it will get any love, now as they are toiling with Core.

ncr100
04-10-2009, 03:50 PM
I hope that with LightWave CORE NewTek can script some tests to exercise their plugins across thousands of combinations of input parameters, and test their plugins extensively to reduce the crash count.