PDA

View Full Version : Will a brand new Mac Book Pro...

virtualcomposer
03-22-2009, 11:57 PM
Will a brand new Mac Book Pro render as fast as my first generation Mac Pro 2.66? I'm no expert on computer comparison speeds so I was curious. I was thinking of getting the fasted Mac Book Pro as it comes so I'm not sure. I'm concerned about the render speed but know they are using a different processor that doesn't bottle neck like the older Mac Pro have.

Meshbuilder
03-23-2009, 01:45 AM
Will a brand new Mac Book Pro render as fast as my first generation Mac Pro 2.66? I'm no expert on computer comparison speeds so I was curious. I was thinking of getting the fasted Mac Book Pro as it comes so I'm not sure. I'm concerned about the render speed but know they are using a different processor that doesn't bottle neck like the older Mac Pro have.

No it will be slower. The Core 2 Duo isn't as fast as a Quad Core Xeon when rendering. The Mac Book Pro could be faster per core but the your "old" Mac Pro has four cores and the new Mac Book Pro has only two. It's sad that Apple hasn't released any Quad Core Mac Book Pro yet. :(

virtualcomposer
03-25-2009, 02:02 AM
Yeah, that's a shame but I'm sure it won't be to long with the new I7 chips that it will be much faster. I can't wait!!!