PDA

View Full Version : Problem with clone

garynb
03-22-2009, 09:23 PM
Hi Guys

I am having major problem with Lightwave scenes when I clone an object inside layout. Lightwave hangs then I am unable to open the project.
I am cloning a basic graphic landscape about 12,000 polys x 4. If I import the object on it's own then the problem goes away. Is this a bug with the clone in layout? I am on Applemac intel quad 8 gigs of ram 10.5.6, 9.6 lightwave.

Cheers

Gary

Lewis
03-23-2009, 08:00 AM
Hmm i don't have any problems with cloning in layout. Can you show us some examples or post scene maybe ??

archijam
03-23-2009, 08:17 AM
hmm i don't have any problems with cloning in layout. Can you show us some examples or post scene maybe ??

+1

WaxSteel
07-03-2009, 10:28 AM
Just wondering if it's better from a memory overhead/ performance point of view to do all your cloning in layout, rather than modeler? Is it any better if you're using multiple copies of one object in Layout, rather than duplicating & arranging that object geometry in Modeler?

(Not including hd instance or anything like that)

joelaff
07-05-2009, 10:32 PM
I am having problems with the advanced save dialog after cloning. After you clone, and especially after you replace a clone, the advanced save dialog does not seem to know it, and object changes ether do not get saved, or get saved to whatever model was replaced instead of the replaced model itself.

toby
07-06-2009, 05:57 PM
Just wondering if it's better from a memory overhead/ performance point of view to do all your cloning in layout, rather than modeler? Is it any better if you're using multiple copies of one object in Layout, rather than duplicating & arranging that object geometry in Modeler?

(Not including hd instance or anything like that)
Makes no difference. The reason people scream for real instancing is that it saves object memory, because cloning doesn't. Cloning in layout will save you a little load time and disk space, but that's it.