PDA

View Full Version : DVD-R9 (Dual Layer DVDs)... Need Help

m4a2000
03-22-2009, 05:19 PM
I just got asked by my boss about burning our first program to DVD-R DL. I told him we have everything needed but the DVDs themselves. So, he told me to go look and get them. After spending an hour on searching I've come up dry and in some need of help. All I could find was DVD+R DL and from what I've been through with +R I rather not deal with them again.

I would like to know where is the best place to buy DVD-R DL, can I get them in 25, 50, or 100 count, and what price range should I be looking at. I do have sometime on this, but seeing as we're selling the program that is going onto these DVDs I rather get this done in the next two weeks rather then the two months my boss gave me. Any help is welcomed!

OnlineRender
03-22-2009, 05:25 PM
http://www.supermediastore.com/dvd-plus-r-dual-double-layer-section.html

m4a2000
04-14-2009, 03:47 PM
OK... burned my first DL with a Philips DVD-R DL. On the two DVD players I tried it on one got half way before not being able to play the rest and the other was able to play the whole DVD, but then the DVD jammed. It took me a few minutes to get it out.

Any input? I used Adobe Encore and a Pioneer burner.

The Dommo
04-15-2009, 05:04 AM
use +R DL instead - it's more reliable

3DGFXStudios
04-15-2009, 05:07 AM

true :thumbsup:

m4a2000
04-16-2009, 04:05 PM
I see that now.. Great! Now I have 48 DVD-R DL that are useless!

lesterfoster
04-17-2009, 05:57 PM
I am assuming that you are trying to burn video DVDís and not program DVDís

You have to think about what types of DVDís that the players can play. Some stand alone video DVD players canít play all kinds of DVDís. You should have more success with DVD+Rís DL. And most DVD players should be able to read them.

Also, not all DVD burners can burn DVD-Rís DL Check the specís on your DVD burner to see if you can burn DVD-Rís DL.

I would also suggest that you buy a 3 pack of a brand of DVDís +R DL and a nether 3 pack of a different brand of DVD+R DL and see what brand works best for your burning and what brand works best in a bunch of different DVD video players

I see that now.. Great! Now I have 48 DVD-R DL that are useless!

Perhaps you could use them to backup all your data on your system. If you can burn them, then you should be able to read them. 8 gig chunks are grate for backing up.