PDA

View Full Version : Text inverted

Stephen0523
03-22-2009, 09:07 AM
Hi.
Can someone tell me how to correct inverted text. I tried F for flip, but this does not work.
See attached.

Thanks
Stephen

Dexter2999
03-22-2009, 11:19 AM
Try selecting the inner portions that should be empty and cutting them out. I say cut because you may find the outer portion you want to keep maybe solids.
In this case, past the inner portion into another layer.
Select the outer shape as your primary layer.
Click to make the inner shapes visible as background layer.
Then use SHIFT-R and Tunnel.

Hopefully this will solve your problem.

If you have this problem you probably didn't use the text tool to create the "80".
It looks more like you imported using EPS loader. When you do this, try selecting Auto Axis Drill. It works most of the time.

Good Luck

3DGFXStudios
03-22-2009, 11:43 AM
Can't you just press shift-t to tripple the polys?

Stephen0523
03-22-2009, 11:50 AM
Hi. Tried the suggestions, but not effective, especially if there is a large amount of text. I used a different font and it worked. To bad LW doesn't like all fonts like InDesign or Illustrator.

P.S. I am on a MacPro.

Dexter2999
03-22-2009, 12:00 PM
True that LW doesn't like all fonts. But changing the font isn't always an option, especially when working with a client's logo.

In this case create the text in Illustrator and save out as an version 8 EPS file and you should be able import it making sure to have "Auto Axis Drill" selected. It doesn't work 100% of the time but it does the trick most of the time.

Stephen0523
03-22-2009, 01:13 PM
Hi Dexter. That worked perfectly. I guess it is a small step extra,