PDA

View Full Version : Exporting lws into .x files.

yakul
03-22-2009, 08:57 AM
I was using LightwaveV9 and DirectX Exporter 1.3.3 to create .x for my c++/DirectX game.
Everything was fine, until from a certain point, lightwave would crash for all sort of scenes and models I was making.
So I upgraded lightwave V9 to lightwave V9.6.
Now the DirectX Exporter plugin does not work.
I was reading something about FBX files, but wasn't sure how it is related to the .x files.
I need exporting .lws files into .x files I can read with DirectX9 api functions.
Is there any option available for me?

Thank you.

Skonk
03-22-2009, 09:02 AM
D-Storm's DirectX export plugin has always worked fine for me.

I export to .X to use with C#/XNA and I have exported from Lightwave 9.0 right through to 9.6 without any issues.

I generally export from Modeller but I have exported from Layout also to include animation, both worked.

yakul
03-22-2009, 09:24 AM
I have found out that the modeler exporter seem to work.
However in layout, I am unable to export.
I was able to export using lightwave V9.
After installing lightwave V9.6, when exporting, it would generate a .x file with no mesh data in it.
I tried to export again using lightwave V9(it was still installed), and I got a message box saying "can't open scene file", and again, a blank .x file was created.
During the upgrade installation of V9.6 from V9, I was asked if I want to restart the computer. I pressed yes, but some other part of the installation was not done yet. So it asked me if I want to stop the installation.
I pressed cancel, and it completed to install.
Then I restarted the computer.
Could it be that I didn't install ligthwave quite good?
What do you suggest me to do?