cresshead
03-20-2009, 11:05 PM
drew this out in toon boom to get used to cutout rigging/animation>

:)

caccipergolo
03-21-2009, 03:07 PM
Seems nice to me.
How do you fell this program?
I didn't ever try the trial (if there is), here i use mirage (most for comp work etc...)
But i'm searching for an alternative 'cause bauhaussoftware is out of business and the upgrade to tv paint is just too high for the benefits.
Did you ever used mirage/aura?
Are they (mirage - tommboom) comparable?

cresshead
03-21-2009, 04:16 PM
Seems nice to me.
How do you fell this program?
I didn't ever try the trial (if there is), here i use mirage (most for comp work etc...)
But i'm searching for an alternative 'cause bauhaussoftware is out of business and the upgrade to tv paint is just too high for the benefits.
Did you ever used mirage/aura?
Are they (mirage - tommboom) comparable?

i have tvpaint 8.5 so i have some time on it..i added toon boom because i wanted to do some cutout animation and tvpaint is really for hand drawn animation.

cutout animation like noggin the nog nd ivor the engine style which was actually done with cardboard cutouts back then...toon boom studio does the same but with vector's..you can also use pixel based images too.

toon boom is pretty good..can be annoying too:D when your used to tools found in 3dsmax and lightwave..still it's cheap and can do some neat tricks and also has an auto lipsync engine in it too as well as a proper camera unlike flash.

i'd compare to flash more than tvpaint but toonboom is made for creating animation rather than web apps like flash is thesedays.

www.toonboom.com

try the demo...

also have a look at toonboom animate too...which has more features like ik