PDA

View Full Version : LW 9.6 - Vue sync scale problems

rvb
03-20-2009, 09:20 AM
Hi,

I'm having a nightmare time getting Vue XStream working with Lightwave.
The big issue is scale related.
When I want to sync the camera from LW to Vue it's not matching in position at all.
I checked and tried all sorts of settings combinations etc. but no go.
I plan to animate the camera in LW 9.6 render the scene in Vue standalone and then add elements (HD instance and objects) in Lightwave to be comped together later.
Is there something obvious here I might be missing (order of working, configs etc.)

Hope someone can help,

Reinier

lwaddict
03-20-2009, 01:14 PM
Nope, it's Vue itself.

Even the latest version doesn't exactly work at 100%.

Best to render separately and comp together.

I know this isn't what you wanted to hear though.

rvb
03-20-2009, 02:37 PM
Thanks for replying,

That's sad, I do plan on rendering in Vue (the main background) I just need to animate and matchmove the camera in Lightwave.
If I'd be 100% sure of a matching camera and base terrain between LW and Vue I'd be already very happy.

Reinier

lwaddict
03-20-2009, 02:54 PM
I can offer a trick...
if you've got some matchmoving software like "Syntheyes" (my personal favorite)...

Go ahead and setup your Vue scene and get it rendered (git er done)...

Now, using the same scene, place several checkerboard squares on the ground...make em all the same size...heck, populate with em. Just make sure that when you're done, all there is are these squares.

Remove foilage, trees, etc...just squares and leave the terrain but texture it with the dull clay look (that orange look).

Render this, try to go for the same resolution as the original render. It's important.

Matchmove the second lot. Save file as LWS.

Had to do this a couple times, works great.

wildr3d
03-20-2009, 05:44 PM
Here's how I've been doing it:

1. Export and save to a Vuesync file for your camera from LW.

2. Open Vue and import the Vuesync file.

3. Select the Main camera and select the animation tab above the preview window.

4. Set the Motion tab to "Synchronized" and select the synch file you imported.

5. *Most Important* Change the scale to 10 in the same window.

Your Vue and Lightwave camera should match up now.

ghoulgirl
10-02-2009, 05:05 PM
I am finding that the changing the value to 10 (which worked in vue 6) isn't the case in 7. It would seem that the vuesync camera that comes through with the scale of 50 now matches.
However, I think i preferred to have the 10 value, as now the scale for everything is pretty out of whack - atmospheres, materials etc.
I thought I had solved this by doing a global scale in LW before porting over, but it still feels funky. (matches, but the scale differences are awkward to work with)
anyone with a good idea for pre or post adjusting scale?

krista

3DBob
10-06-2009, 08:01 AM
I'm having the same problem - any ideas on a fix for this?

Regards

3DBob

ghoulgirl
04-22-2010, 06:59 PM
global scale the lw scene to .2 if vue units are set .1 to 1m

helps.

curious if 8.4 is going to be better on this front.