PDA

View Full Version : Exporting Flash

kevincanuck
03-19-2009, 02:07 PM
Why can't you export to a custom Flash profile? I'd like to be able to render an edited story directly to flv at 650 kbps, mp3 audio, with a 5 key frame.

As it stands now, you have to export as uncompressed avi and transcode to a custom flv profile.

rally1
03-20-2009, 04:13 PM
With you, right now seem to still have only one .flv render option and it's 300k and not H.264.

kevincanuck
03-25-2009, 04:04 PM
Bump?

Vilhjalmur
03-26-2009, 11:41 AM
I have a customer who really needs new Flash export settings - as detailed above by kevincanuck - and in 16:9 (i.e. 640x360!).

Specially since the only current Flash Render option seems to squees 16:9 into 4:3.

Isn't there any way to creat this and ad to the Render Preferences - as one can with live stream preferences?

SBowie
03-26-2009, 12:28 PM
I haven't tried, but I expect it is possible to use the main TC Record function, then use FME directly to convert the result to all manner of custom Flash formats. Someone who uses it might be able to offer more info.

kevincanuck
04-08-2009, 08:01 PM
Anyone? Step-by-step instructions would be extremely helpful...

rally1
08-30-2009, 01:28 PM
FME 3.0 will not convert it.

ACross
09-14-2009, 09:56 PM
If you create your own custom flash profile and put it into the correct location on disk (I do not have it infront of me, but it should not be to hard to fine) ... we will then make it available through the UI.

Caveat : Obviously going to very high bit-rates or resolutions might fail to encode in real-time ...

rally1
09-16-2009, 01:27 PM
Can certainly do that in the Live tab, but I don't see a file that is editable that's related to the Edit Media tab.
If you use the Live tab to do it you have to sit there and hit play, and then record, and stop record etc. That's not an efficient workflow. If anyone knows how to edit those Edit Media profiles let us know. and if it's not that hard Newtek should consider just including additional profiles, the ones we have are outdated.

csandy
09-17-2009, 11:45 AM
Check for a posting by "billme" I think the screen name is. I remember reading it, thinking it was an interesting tidbit, but I don't remember where on the forum.

He describes how to do this and where to put the files. Of course, you can also play out from TriCaster in real time (live or from DDR) and encode using FME in real time in whatever resolution you like. Because your TriCaster may or may not have enough processing power, it's up in the air how much you can push it. TriCaster BROADCASTs tend to have quad core processors. I think they are low end, but I don't recall. Studios may have dual or quad cores. TriCaster PROs are Dual core. Not sure about the original model or the duo.