PDA

View Full Version : Crash when I press TAB

Aberrant
03-19-2009, 10:25 AM
I dont know why but when I load my .lwo in modeler, some of it is not showing up. What I mean is that all the verts are there but some have edges connecting them and making polys, where as other areas dont. (and are not visible) I tried selecting one layer only, and pressing TAB to remove the sub-divide (Currently set to Catmul-Clark) and LW crashes. This happens every time.

I have closed modeler and layout as well as the green hub icon in the tray, and reloaded with no luck. Its hard to work on something when you cant see the whole mesh and it has holes in it. Not being able to subdivide or un-subdivide is also a problem. If anyone has experienced this in the past please let me know what causes this or how to get around it. Thanks in advance.:help:

mattclary
03-19-2009, 10:34 AM
Create a brand new object and see if LW crashes when you push tab.

Aberrant
03-19-2009, 10:43 AM
No it runs fine. I found a weird work around. I selected a layer, before i tried un-subdividing I pressed f to flip normals, just to see if the hidden ones somehow got flipped.

Then EVERYTHING dissapeared and was only verts, nothing visible anymore. So I said what the heck, and pressed TAB and vioalla it un-subdivided. So i tested my luck with the rest of the layers and as soon as they were un-subdivided they are visible and it runs ok.

A problem still remains, every time I sub D it dissapears again into all verts but not crashing at least.

I think its too many polys bogging down the system and ruining the display. Just my NOOB guess. I will keep it un-subdivided till render time to avoid this issue. Anyone know what causes it?

Aberrant
03-19-2009, 10:50 AM
The Catmull-Clark sub D type was throwing it off. Once I un-subdivided and then changed it to subpatch it worked no problem.

Carm3D
03-20-2009, 12:37 PM
You might also have tried unwelding then merging points. Try it next time. :)