PDA

View Full Version : March lightwave newsletter

littlewaves
03-18-2009, 01:48 PM
Is it just me or is the March newsetter email that just got sent out buggy as hell?

Keeps asking me to login to sandbox.newtek.com and the link to the newsletter doesn't work.

neither do the images in the email body

kfinla
03-18-2009, 01:49 PM
same sorta issues..

littlewaves
03-18-2009, 01:55 PM
it's up here anyhow
http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/newsletter.php

No new info about core to non-hardcore members though.

They're still bragging about how many posts there are and how everyone did hazard avatars.

Kind of old news.

Oedo 808
03-18-2009, 01:56 PM
Same here, but at least I got something this time, w00t! :)

Andyjaggy
03-18-2009, 02:09 PM
Lovely they have a link in the newsletter that goes TO EVERYONE, that is ONLY for hardcore members. Nice NT. Somewhere along the way I decided not to join Core simply because I refuse to pay money to find out if I should have paid the money. But anyway I'll shut up now before I get ran off and accused of being a troll.

RollerJesus
03-18-2009, 02:20 PM
maybe it's a clue...

Andyjaggy
03-18-2009, 02:27 PM
Meh. I've lost interest in clues.

RollerJesus
03-18-2009, 02:42 PM
that was a joke. sorry, I didn't think that one warranted an icon.

Andyjaggy
03-18-2009, 02:48 PM
I'm just grumpy right now. Just ignore me.

Celshader
03-18-2009, 02:51 PM
Me, I'm buzzed to see Animal Armageddon (http://animal.discovery.com/videos/animal-armageddon/) in the newsletter. Yay!

geothefaust
03-18-2009, 05:20 PM
Herm, I always get the newsletter emails... But not this time.

hazmat777
03-19-2009, 03:07 AM
Got all the other newsletters except this one...:thumbsdow

GandB
03-19-2009, 05:30 AM
I didn't get this one either??

colkai
03-19-2009, 05:59 AM
same sorta issues..

Did ye not get the other email with the corrected URL on? My first one was 'bad' but then I got an "oops" type email. :)

Matt
03-19-2009, 10:28 AM
I got two, a bust one, then one saying the last one was experiencing 'technical issues'.

I totally understand, because sending newsletters is really difficult!?!!?!?

:foreheads

Small stuff NT, small stuff.

Thomas M.
03-19-2009, 10:49 AM
It's rather a joke to present Core avatars in a newsletter and not some information on the product. They wanbt us to jump on the train now, but don't tell us where the train is heading to and how comfortable it'll be. Mmmh? Newsletter?

cresshead
03-19-2009, 10:55 AM
no new core info on the newsletter, netek must have locked up the dev team in an austrian cellar until the first demo is ready.

Philbert
03-19-2009, 11:18 AM
I haven't received any newsletters in like three years. I tried signing up again and complaining, nothing worked.

jay3d
03-19-2009, 11:23 AM
no new core info on the newsletter, netek must have locked up the dev team in an austrian cellar until the first demo is ready.

aww!! I was shocked when I heard about that cellar story ,

If I'm the court judge I will put him in some dog house and close the door, and fill that house with cockroaches. :devil: , not just because he raped his daughter, but because he kept his fathered children from seeing the light for 24 years!!

sorry for the OT

A Mejias
03-22-2009, 02:51 PM
Lovely they have a link in the newsletter that goes TO EVERYONE, that is ONLY for hardcore members. Nice NT. Somewhere along the way I decided not to join Core simply because I refuse to pay money to find out if I should have paid the money. But anyway I'll shut up now before I get ran off and accused of being a troll.

Yeah, I found that really annoying also! What is the point of giving secret links in a public newsletter. If those links are for HardCORE members only, then just tell those members about it. And then pointing to a public thread just to show avatars and no new LW CORE info is just a waste of time.

Sigh, I was pretty excited about LW CORE and the "direction" it's going, but the way the public side of LW CORE has been managed has severely shaken my confidence in NT's ability to handle such a large undertaking.

I'm not saying that LW CORE will be a bad product. I'm not saying that NT can't do the job. I'm not saying that LightWave will fade away. What I am saying is that NT has made some serious marketing and brand image errors that they've done little to correct. That's disappointing and I really hope they snap out of it and fix things.

I think they could have avoided most of the negative response by giving a simple weekly info update; answering common questions and dribbling out new CORE info. Just enough to fulfill their promises of "More info and videos to come over the next few weeks." Instead we got almost no new info since the "big reveal."

The state of the world economy is one of lack of confidence and trust. Companies of all sizes and in all industries need to heed that message and do everything possible to inspire confidence in their customers. Seriously guys, we want you to survive this.

I was going to make this a short post, but, well, this stuff needs to be said. Again. :-)

Philbert
03-22-2009, 07:52 PM
I think they could have avoided most of the negative response by giving a simple weekly info update; answering common questions and dribbling out new CORE info. Just enough to fulfill their promises of "More info and videos to come over the next few weeks." Instead we got almost no new info since the "big reveal."

Yes, even a simple "hey we're still here, we're still working on it." would be better than nothing. But it would be great to see the promised videos.

A Mejias
03-22-2009, 09:20 PM
At this point even some "big foot" style foodage would be nice. LOL

littlewaves
03-23-2009, 12:59 PM
What I really don't get is why newtek didn't just sit on the whole core thing until there was something worth showing.

It's not looking good for us getting more info before the $395 upgrade deadline.

<conspiracy theory>Maybe that's their plan. They'll have a new video showing loads of exciting stuff that makes we actually want it just after the price goes up</conspiracy theory>

Thomas M.
03-23-2009, 01:13 PM
It just looked too good. The cool countdown thing, giving little hints. It looked almost like they hired somebody for PR who actually seemed to come up with something like a plan on how to promote Lightwave and NT.

But from the 1 hour late video on it's dead silence. They f*cked it up again. The Modo guys don't do very much either. But there is a flow of info, dates when they release additional info. Is it so hard? They know the promoting their stuff is one of their biggest weaknesses, but instead of learning from the past this strange "communication" continues.

I don't know what to say... It's so embarrassing.

kfinla
03-23-2009, 01:20 PM
What I really don't get is why newtek didn't just sit on the whole core thing until there was something worth showing.

It's not looking good for us getting more info before the $395 upgrade deadline.

<conspiracy theory>Maybe that's their plan. They'll have a new video showing loads of exciting stuff that makes we actually want it just after the price goes up</conspiracy theory>

I think they need the money. The only logical explaination I've really come to with these self-imposed dates that they don't seem to be ready for is that they are being set by accounting, not by development.

Might be wrong, but a lot of things feel that way. NT is a private company and can be as secretive as they want about this, but i think they would get more sympathy and perhaps even support from customers saying we need development money, than the whole.. buy our new product we aren't ready to show you or tell you anything significant about. I'm sure ideally NT would not have started the Core campaign so quickly after 9.6 if it was financially viable. And would have not shown anything till Siggraph or even for another year for example till things were of a high level of polish. My own conspiracy theory.

the3dwiz
03-23-2009, 01:40 PM
Hey kfinla, exactly what im thinking! If they need founding, i think its bether to be honest with this point, instead to sell a nonexistent product.
And if they are as far as the revieling Video sugest. ( There`s more coming! Videos that show modeling, surfacing, animation!!!) Why not showing them? Im pessimistic in this case! My own conspiracy theory to.

Celshader
03-23-2009, 02:27 PM
Lovely they have a link in the newsletter that goes TO EVERYONE, that is ONLY for hardcore members.

Maybe there are more HardCORE members than non-HardCORE members on the mailing list.

the3dwiz
03-23-2009, 03:50 PM
Maybe there are more HardCORE members than non-HardCORE members on the mailing list.

I hardly beliefe this. Jears ago when i started with LW (V4.0/5.0) The installed Programs counted in the 10K`s region. If 1000 now is the majority i think its a bad sign for LW+NT! How will they finance themself with this small income?

Celshader
03-23-2009, 04:15 PM
If 1000 now is the majority...

From where do you get the "1000" number?

the3dwiz
03-23-2009, 04:24 PM
Its only math from the the numbers of the webshop(Bevore Hardcore and the actual Nr Now). Maby im right, maby im totaly wrong. Who knows?

Celshader
03-23-2009, 04:33 PM
Its only math from the the numbers of the webshop(Bevore Hardcore and the actual Nr Now). Maby im right, maby im totaly wrong. Who knows?

We'll find out when CORE 1.0 is released.

the3dwiz
03-23-2009, 04:34 PM
Actualy nr. is from this thread.

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94826

littlewaves
03-23-2009, 04:35 PM
We'll find out when CORE 1.0 is released.

hopefully some considerable time before then there'll be a newsletter which a: has working links and b: has some bloody news about core in it!

the3dwiz
03-23-2009, 04:40 PM
I hope we will!!!
Until now, not much of prove so far. Sorry to sound negative. But i have my experiences. And after the last Weeks with nothing, i start seriously to worry! No mentaly healty person anounce something that big, if he has nothing to show! Exept its going for saving his live.
Just what i think.

the3dwiz
03-23-2009, 04:44 PM
2 littlewaves

I dont think, this link is something breathtaking. Otherwise i allready would knew. ;-)

Celshader
03-23-2009, 04:46 PM
Actualy nr. is from this thread.

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94826

The number of folks who answered this poll do not represent the number of folks who bought CORE.

the3dwiz
03-23-2009, 04:49 PM
No, this i know! But they post the nr of the ordering system! Have a look.

the3dwiz
03-23-2009, 04:50 PM
And it actualy did not start at 0 ;-)

the3dwiz
03-23-2009, 05:05 PM
You know, im only geting realy, realy frustrated, that the company im investing my money and time in since LW V4.0 is screwing this thing totaly!!!
First building up gigantic expectations whitout trying to keep them reasonable. Then badly failing with the reviel and still not lowering the expectations. No in the Video it sounds, like the ones that go Hardcore will have a full featureded software in their hands by Q1 that only needs betatesting. Then after 1 or or so weeks of rude fights in the NT Forum finaly some statements fom Nt. And now it seams, that Nt is not evean fulfill their announcement of more infos bevore 31. Mars
For me, this sounds not very promissing. And i think 2times bevore invest my money.

Celshader
03-23-2009, 05:43 PM
And i think 2times bevore invest my money.

You don't have to pre-order CORE. If 9.6 does everything you need, just stick with 9.6.

I pre-ordered CORE at the beginning of this month, but I need to learn CORE earlier than most artists.

the3dwiz
03-23-2009, 07:12 PM
Yes, i know! And i will allmost for shure not join!
And probably i evean not join for 1.0. Maby with V2 or V3 if Core is getting there. The future will tell. And i think, im not the only one who is thinking this way. I believe NT is hurting themself badly in this moment. A lot of customers have allready switchet to other apps. LW is not the only 3D application outhere. But at the moment NT behaves like this. And like every Company, NT needs Custommers!