PDA

View Full Version : photoshop plugin

nickgen
02-25-2003, 01:05 PM
I used to have the photoshop plugin for image rendering- is there one available for the mac platform? Anyone else use it? I loved it.

mlinde
02-25-2003, 02:34 PM
Not sure what you are missing. When I go to select image format in the render options, I have PSD 24 and PSD 32 options, Mac OS 10.2.3, LW 7.5

I'd use edit plug-ins and re-add all of your plugins:

1) Start Layout
2) Press Option-F11
3) Click on Scan Directory
4) Select the Plugins directory in the Lightwave folder
5) Click on Choose
6) Click on OK
7) Click on Done
8) Quit Layout
9) Quit Hub
10) Restart Layout. You should have all plugins installed.

joao
02-25-2003, 05:40 PM
Is it just my imagination or wasn't there a plugin that would save your renders as layered photoshop images? This would be useful to use along with "save buffer view" in layout - it becomes annoying to save multiple buffer copies of one render!
Anyone heard of this??

luka
02-25-2003, 07:18 PM
It should be located in your Image Process dialogue box then under Add Image FIlter PSD EXport. There are currently issues with the way the file is saved. Do some tests first.

nickgen
02-26-2003, 08:24 AM
I meant the filter that I found under effects-image processing- it used to bring up all the PS filters like dry ink and all those cool filters and apply them to every frame in the render. maybe i need the latest Photoshop?

Sensei
02-27-2003, 08:22 AM
Please check whether MatteBySurface is not what you want. But currently there is only Windows port, Macintosh port will be soon, within (I hope so) one-two weeks, see screen-shots at following URL:

https://secure.reg.net/Product.asp?ID=12394&TemplateID=-1

nickgen
02-27-2003, 08:33 AM
No it's not where thing get rendered or what part but the actual dialoge box that comes up on windows pcs with the photoshop plugin available- you can bring up the filters from Photoshop and apply them to the render of the whole image.

mlinde
02-27-2003, 11:59 AM
That sounds interesting. I've never heard of that for LW-Mac, but if it shipped stock with LW it should exist for the Mac version. If it was 3rd party, you'd have to go back to the developer to see about a Mac version.

nickgen, did the image render and display in the image viewer, or was there some other interface?

Thanks...

nickgen
02-27-2003, 01:30 PM
an interface would popup giving a little preview of the render- I do not have the latest Photoshop on my mac yet- and maybe it's not well integrated yet on the mac- but on the pc it was an awesome little filter thing that gave really cool results- any pc users out there using it? It was in the image effects dialog-but says its only for render on my mac and won't bring up the little interface.

ingo
02-27-2003, 02:03 PM
Yes, youre right, as far as i remember that was available for LW 5.6. But since Lw changed to a high dynamic 128 Bit rendering engine it would be impossible to use them, since most filters are only 24 Bit or 48 Bit.

Beamtracer
02-28-2003, 01:08 AM
If you really want to use Photoshop's hopeless 8bpc filters, there is another way.

Render from Lightwave as an image sequence, and then set Photoshop to "batch process" all the frames.