PDA

View Full Version : LWCad3 Core NEWS!

Snosrap
03-17-2009, 09:13 AM
Just got an e-mail from Viktor. Great news for Core users!

LWCAD & LightWave CORE.
Current version is designed to be compatible with all future LightWave versions.
However, upcoming LightWave CORE might be incompatible with current LWCAD 3.
In that case, a special LWCAD core update will be released.
All users with LWCAD 3 license will have a free upgrade to LWCAD core!

Nicolas Jordan
03-17-2009, 09:31 AM
Two thumbs up! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

wsantiago
03-17-2009, 10:54 AM
Just got an e-mail from Viktor. Great news for Core users!

LWCAD & LightWave CORE.
Current version is designed to be compatible with all future LightWave versions.
However, upcoming LightWave CORE might be incompatible with current LWCAD 3.
In that case, a special LWCAD core update will be released.
All users with LWCAD 3 license will have a free upgrade to LWCAD core!

Great news for all CORE users. All zero of you.

Larry_g1s
03-17-2009, 11:54 AM
To be honest it seems a bit premature to announce this, but if he's 100% certain that he can deliver the LWCAD 3 toolset to Core users, without additional payment, then I'm very impressed with that level of customer support. Good news for LWCAD 3 users who already have or are going to go with Core. Even though it most certainly is going to be a while before anyone will be using LightWave Core 1.0 with LWCAD 3.Part of the reason I think he posted this (premature or not) is in reponse to some of the question(s) people as in regards to the training on LWCAD I'm looking to do (see thread here (http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96401)). Premature or not, I think it's great news.

He's also willing to give a small discount to v1.5 & v2.5 users to v3.x who purchase the LWCAD training. So it would seem that an upgrade to v3 will go along way.

Nicolas Jordan
03-17-2009, 12:09 PM
He's also willing to give a small discount to v1.5 & v2.5 users to v3.x who purchase the LWCAD training. So it would seem that an upgrade to v3 will go along way.

Yep, I have LWCAD 2.5 and haven't upgraded to 3.0 yet but I was hoping to sometime in the near future especially with this kind of news.

Now I have to wonder if Worley will have a free update to Fprime for Light Core if he intends to port it over? :hey:

hrgiger
03-17-2009, 06:29 PM
This is great news for me.

Hey wsantiago, I love your new little saying above your avatar. "Banned". I wish I could think of cool sayings like that...

Larry_g1s
03-17-2009, 06:42 PM
Hey wsantiago, I love your new little saying above your avatar. "Banned". I wish I could think of cool sayings like that...lol :D

pumeco
03-18-2009, 06:08 AM
It's great news indeed. I wouldn't love LightWave as much as I do if it wasn't for LWCAD, it ought to be standard issue. Great work Viktor, the free CORE upgrade gesture speaks volumes and is just one in many reasons any LightWaver would be nuts not to own LWCAD :thumbsup:

I agree a compatibility update from Worley for FPrime would be nice, but I'm not sure we'll get one (not a free one, anyway).

erikals
04-11-2009, 05:19 AM
any news on LWCAD 4 ? http://forums.cgsociety.org/images/smilies/smile.gif
qurious 'bout the NURBS support... he mentioned it some time back

Larry_g1s
04-12-2009, 12:19 AM
any news on LWCAD 4 ? http://forums.cgsociety.org/images/smilies/smile.gif
qurious 'bout the NURBS support... he mentioned it some time backYou'd need to ask Viktor directly as being in beta, I don't know what I can and cannot say.

akademus
04-12-2009, 06:55 AM
It is a good news indeed. LWCAD is one of the strongest advantages LW has and it is good to see it's continuing to the next reincarnation of LW.

I guess Worley will follow as well!

Cheers