PDA

View Full Version : Time Sheet for freelancers and whoever else needs to keep track of hours.

dwburman
03-16-2009, 04:38 PM
Hey guys,
I finished editing a basic time sheet spreadsheet in GoogleDocs and thought I'd be nice and share it with you all.

You put in your rate, the time you start working, the time you end working and this thing will calculate your hours and how much to bill the client. It has space to describe what you were working on during that time and you can choose whether to calculate over time (rate * 1.5 for time over 40 hours) or a flat hourly rate. If you do use over time, you'll need a new timesheet for each week.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=phDs-akrOdlQUB7rPdjKlFg

If you have a google account you should be able to use the "file>create a copy" menu item (or ctrl+shift+S) to save a copy for yourself.

Riza
03-16-2009, 07:02 PM
thanks a lot man!

Hopper
03-16-2009, 08:34 PM
As Google is using their own GWT UI libraries, just make sure you don't put anything particularly private in your comments. GWT uses AJAX to communicate with their systems (i.e. auto-saving the doc, etc..), so your information will be in the hands of someone else.

JeffrySG
03-16-2009, 09:22 PM
Thanks! I'll check it out!

OnlineRender
03-17-2009, 07:46 AM
thanks a lot man!

Your web link has a virus embedded in your page ?
www.rizawerx.com [
html/trojandownloader.agent.aj.tro connection terminated ]

dwburman
03-17-2009, 11:03 AM
Thanks for the info Hopper. I added a warning on the sheet.

lwanmtr
03-17-2009, 03:24 PM
Get OpenOffice.org...its free, multiplatform and has all the tools that M$ Office has...and you could make these kinds of spreadsheets without worrying about any private data.

dwburman
03-17-2009, 08:01 PM
I have Open Office, but I like being able to edit the stuff online from multiple computers. I just don't put anything too private up there. :)

JeffrySG
03-17-2009, 08:29 PM
Hey, for those of you that use Google Docs, I wanted to figure out the formula for subtracting one cell in a row by another cell in the same row. I know how to do this for each row, but is there a specific formula to use the row that you are on so I don't have to type the formula for each row?

For example I'm using "=SUM(H14-I14)". That works for row 14 but for the next row I need to change it to 15, etc. Is there a way for me to put in a code that will simply use the current row for the calculation? So I don't have to update it for every row?

Orimar
03-17-2009, 09:42 PM
Hi Jeffery:

I don't know Google Docs, but if it works anything like standard spreadsheet applications, you should be able to simply copy the formula to the next cell in row 15. This should copy the formula and reference the next row (15) automatically.

If you want to copy the formula to several cells, simply copy the cell formula, highlight the cells you want the formula in and paste. They should all reference their respective row designations.

Hope it works.

.O.

JeffrySG
03-17-2009, 09:48 PM
Hi Jeffery:

I don't know Google Docs, but if it works anything like standard spreadsheet applications, you should be able to simply copy the formula to the next cell in row 15. This should copy the formula and reference the next row (15) automatically.

If you want to copy the formula to several cells, simply copy the cell formula, highlight the cells you want the formula in and paste. They should all reference their respective row designations.

Hope it works.

.O.

Thanks for the reply, but when I do that it simply pastes in the exact same formula so the row (ie: 14) stays the same even on row 15 or 16, etc.

Orimar
03-17-2009, 10:12 PM
Thanks for the reply, but when I do that it simply pastes in the exact same formula so the row (ie: 14) stays the same even on row 15 or 16, etc.

Sorry, but hopefully someone who knows Google Docs will respond.

.O.

dwburman
03-17-2009, 10:49 PM
When you click on a cell (the one with your formula) a little box shows up on the bottom right corner. That little box is a handle. If you drag it down the rows, it will copy the formula and update it for each row.

JeffrySG
03-19-2009, 09:31 PM
When you click on a cell (the one with your formula) a little box shows up on the bottom right corner. That little box is a handle. If you drag it down the rows, it will copy the formula and update it for each row.

Very cool! Thanks DB! :D :thumbsup: