PDA

View Full Version : ClothFX Problem

Gordonpee
03-16-2009, 02:04 PM
I'm trying to get a heavy bulk bag to react realistically to impacts (see animation).
It get's hoisted into a machine where it get's rammed and jostled to loosen it's contents as it empties out the bottom.
I would normally use morph targets. But with a lot going on, I as hoping to do it dynamically. But I can't seem to zero in on the proper settings so that it appears heavy and will let rams cave it in properly. Currently the rams punches holes in it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Gordon

Dodgy
03-16-2009, 05:39 PM
Okay I think you want higher values in your Substructure and Spring settings, say around 1000 or higher. A lower value in your Advanced>Stretch Limit, say 10% which stops points being pulled apart too far. And a Higher value in your Advanced>Compress Stress value, maybe 500 or so, this forces the shape to hold it's shape better. I would use a lower poly proxy object and then make the high poly object a child of the low poly one, and use 'Metalinker' in the Deformation plugins of the high poly one. It'll be quick to simulate with, and you can more easily modify the geometry of the low poly one if it's needs more vertices or whatever.

Gordonpee
03-16-2009, 10:09 PM
Thanks! That's definitely put me in the right direction.
The documentation just didn't seem to give enough information on how high numbers could go.

Thank again,
Gordon

chithanh119
03-17-2009, 07:46 AM
now i have the same problem with you but i've also solved it

Gordonpee
03-18-2009, 11:39 AM
It's getting there.
I need to tone down the "aftershock" 'jiggles.

I tried using a Morph Target to show the bag being depleted, but it doesn't look like Morph Targets mix well with ClothFX (Target was ignored).

Gordon