PDA

View Full Version : Will CORE talk FBX?

ece3k
03-16-2009, 01:27 PM
I use fbx a lot and want to make sure that CORE will still play nice.....true?

Chuck
03-16-2009, 01:51 PM
The Collada and FBX I/O implemented in LightWave v9.5/v9.6 is actually a CORE plugin. A limited CORE interface was implemented in v9.5 to support hosting and interacting with the valkyrie.p plugin. So, yes, and we will be improving the FBX I/O as we go forward.

ece3k
03-16-2009, 02:04 PM
A followup.....will the LWO format convert to Collada seemlessly...including morph targets and weightmaps?
Thanks,
Erik

jayroth
03-16-2009, 02:11 PM
A followup.....will the LWO format convert to Collada seemlessly...including morph targets and weightmaps?
Thanks,
Erik

Eventually, yes.

The Dommo
03-16-2009, 04:40 PM
awesome :)

erikals
03-29-2009, 12:11 PM
can MDD data be implemented into Fbx?

atm, there is no way to export dynamics/cloth other than to buy and install copies of pointoven for several machines.

Cohen
03-29-2009, 10:39 PM
Hi, I've been using GameCore as my game editor|engine for some time now. It has always supported lwo and lws, however these formats have never supported the ability of 'splitting' vertex normals , like specifying which faces are smoothly shaded and which get harsh shading. I dont know the correct terminology is, but some applications refer to is as mesh grouping (I think). Since Core will talk some FBX, will it export also vertex normal data? It is important to me as GCore supports fbx and not collada. :grumpy:

If Newtek could provide me with a 'its on the books' response, I would be satisfied. Or anyone who knows whether FBX can hold vertex normal data in order to achieve proper shading of faces for games, that would please me as well.