PDA

View Full Version : Question for NT...whats the deal?

CaptCarty
03-16-2009, 09:03 AM
So my question is for NT guys...whats the deal with the latest LW releases? Why arent they doing the Bundle packs anymore? In the past we saw "Vue, DFX, LW Cad...ect" with releases of LW. So what gives? Why arent they doing this with any of the more recent updates/releases? Are we going to see any incentives/bundles in the future? Ive been sitting on my hands waiting to up-grade, :)

cresshead
03-16-2009, 09:22 AM
they are...new purchases are "bundled" with lightwave core.

CaptCarty
03-16-2009, 09:40 AM
from my understanding, LW Core is for the first year isnt it? and there for after that you have to pay for the service? or have I been miss-informed?

mattclary
03-16-2009, 09:49 AM
from my understanding, LW Core is for the first year isnt it? and there for after that you have to pay for the service? or have I been miss-informed?

CORE is a product, not a service. You buy it, it's yours. You may be thinking of the HardCORE membership, which includes a copy of CORE, but that is separate.

Hopper
03-16-2009, 09:59 AM
I had 8.5, which a friend of mine lent to me for about a year. I finally decided to get my own copy and bought hers and paid for the upgrade. I thought the upgrade was supposed to come with Vue and LWCad but I never got it. :( I guess they stopped bundling the additional software. It's a shame. I really would have liked to have had Vue.

lwanmtr
03-17-2009, 03:26 PM
Getting something like Vue-7 with it would be cool...But I guess Vue and LWCad are doing well enough on their own now, they dont need to strike bundle deals with NT...ahh well.

Celshader
03-17-2009, 04:34 PM
I had 8.5, which a friend of mine lent to me for about a year. I finally decided to get my own copy and bought hers and paid for the upgrade. I thought the upgrade was supposed to come with Vue and LWCad but I never got it. :( I guess they stopped bundling the additional software. It's a shame. I really would have liked to have had Vue.

Vue and LWCAD 1.5 came with pre-orders of 9.0. The Vue/LWCAD offer stopped after mid-2006, around the time of 9.0's release.

Grolicus
03-18-2009, 01:51 PM
In Europe there's actually an upgrade path to 9.x from NT including LWCAD 3.0 and Core membership for 495, valid until March 31st.
(http://www.newtek-europe.com/uk/price/price_e.html)

CaptCarty
03-18-2009, 01:51 PM
I feel that getting something that really should be part of your purchase/product, not really a bonus. Core really seams like its for a small number of LW users, not really for the Masses like myself. From what I read, and the feed back ive seem, i think Core would just end up on my shelf.

-My origal point was is that Id love to see them bundle LW with a product, that most of the rest of the masses use like ie: Vue/PS/bodypaint/...even HD instance, plug-in packs or so on.

MacDoggie
03-18-2009, 03:36 PM
In Europe there's actually an upgrade path to 9.x from NT including LWCAD 3.0 and Core membership for 495€, valid until March 31st.
(http://www.newtek-europe.com/uk/price/price_e.html)

and who says the guys across the pond don't rate good deals!?!? Sounds like a real no brainer to me. From what I understand LW Cad 3.0 is really going to be nice.... That is one hell of a deal...

Cheers

Celshader
03-18-2009, 03:49 PM
and who says the guys across the pond don't rate good deals!?!? Sounds like a real no brainer to me. From what I understand LW Cad 3.0 is really going to be nice.... That is one hell of a deal...

Cheers

495 Euros is about $650 right now. Americans who pre-order CORE before March 31st will get it for $395 -- $255 less than what Europeans are asked to pay.

I suspect LWCAD3.0's there to take some of the sting out of the dollar/euro exchange rate (http://www.x-rates.com/calculator.html) for European customers.

MacDoggie
03-18-2009, 03:57 PM
True .... still a good deal as far as getting a seat of LW Cad though

BeeVee
03-18-2009, 04:23 PM
That's not true Jen, the offer from NewTek Europe is for people that don't have 9. If you already have it then you do your CORE upgrade through the register.newtek.com site no matter where in the world you are.

B

mattclary
03-18-2009, 04:58 PM
Core really seams like its for a small number of LW users, not really for the Masses like myself.

Put down the crack pipe my friend. It's just an improved version of LightWave.

Cohen
03-18-2009, 04:58 PM
The gentlemen who makes LWCAD has stated he will be issuing a new version when Core ships free of charge to all registerd 3.0 users. I think this is as good of a deal as any of those previous bundles.

CaptCarty, you can only speculate on whether or not newtek will even throw in a gift with Core when it ships later. And if they do, its even more speculation on what 3rd party tools would be available for it. You are thinking too fast, and putting Core on your top shelf there too fast. Slow down, read the Core faq again :deal:, and put Core back on your desk. :devil:

Celshader
03-18-2009, 05:26 PM
That's not true Jen, the offer from NewTek Europe is for people that don't have 9. If you already have it then you do your CORE upgrade through the register.newtek.com site no matter where in the world you are.

B

Ah. In that case, MacDoggie's right -- that is one hell of a deal.

animotion
03-19-2009, 10:08 AM
So my question is for NT guys...whats the deal with the latest LW releases? Why arent they doing the Bundle packs anymore? In the past we saw "Vue, DFX, LW Cad...ect" with releases of LW. So what gives? Why arent they doing this with any of the more recent updates/releases? Are we going to see any incentives/bundles in the future? Ive been sitting on my hands waiting to up-grade, :)

This is about like asking "why didn't I get a surprise birthday party! The guys at the office always give me presents and stuff!"

Consider it a gift and appreciate it for what it is or was at the time.