PDA

View Full Version : Nab 2009

tonsofpcs
03-15-2009, 07:44 PM
Tonsofpcs is returning to Las Vegas!
So who will I see at NAB 2009 [other than Paul and the NewTek staff ( http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95964 )]? I'll be there until Tuesday, Apr 21 (and have my birthday party on the flight home).

ted
03-16-2009, 05:43 PM
I'm flying in Sun. and out Tuesday afternoon.

Kuzey
03-17-2009, 08:19 AM
haha...we didn't have spam for such a long time :hey:

Kuzey

radams
03-17-2009, 07:13 PM
I'm flying in Sun. and out Tuesday afternoon.

Have some fun for me Ted :)

I'll be stuck here in Tucson :(

BTW, I forgot to tell you...that wonderful lady I took to NT Christmas Party...in 06...is now my wife :)

Cheers,

Zane Condren
03-17-2009, 07:42 PM
Conrats Ray!

ted
03-17-2009, 09:38 PM
Ray, that's odd, I thought she was rather intelligent. :D Congrats to you both! :thumbsup:

radams
03-17-2009, 10:25 PM
Ray, that's odd, I thought she was rather intelligent. :D Congrats to you both! :thumbsup:

Well, She's intelligent, brilliant and smart...along with being gorgeous..with an amazing sense of humor.

So how I got lucky I'll never know :)

She enjoyed the lunch we all had in San Antonio...
She still tells the story..of how I was into my geekezz...and you tried to bring the conversation back to being human....
and yet after all that she still married me :)...I knew she was the one when :)

1) she hates to fly...and she flew with me to SA>
2) she handled my geekezz...and all us artists, geeks, and ......

It was great time...thanks.

Hope all is well with you...

And now back onto the Topic of NAB 2009...(just a family guy detour )...

;)

Cheers,

radams
03-17-2009, 10:30 PM
Conrats Ray!

Thanks Zane :)

Hope all is going good for you and NT. :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Combonate
04-07-2009, 11:04 AM
Hi,

Does anyone know of any plans for a Newtek User party this year at NAB 2009 ? I enjoyed last years event and will be going to NAB again this year.

Duane Polich

digefxgrp
04-07-2009, 12:13 PM
I too will be there for the entire week. Hope Newtek will be showing Core on at least one workstation. That and maybe SpeedEdit 2.0.

Has there been any word regarding a Newtek sponsored gathering/party this year?

JamesCurtis
04-07-2009, 10:01 PM
I don't think they should show Core until it has most features done.

SBowie
04-08-2009, 10:18 AM
So how I got lucky I'll never know.You deserve a little good fortune, Ray - my congrats too. :)

wsantiago
04-09-2009, 08:32 PM
I too will be there for the entire week. Hope Newtek will be showing Core on at least one workstation. That and maybe SpeedEdit 2.0.

What are they going to show. There is nothing to show as far as CORE is concern. They won't be able to lie their way at NAB the way they have on this forums. If they try to show CORE as is they will be laugh at. Not good to try to sell vaporware in person.

ted
04-17-2009, 09:26 PM
I'm looking forward to leaving for NAB Sunday.
No real gatherings scheduled, and with my short schedule I'm kinda fine with that. Gotta have some time for craps! :hey:

For those that can, why dont' we bombard the NewTek booth for starters Monday morning and let them practice their show on us. I always enjoy catchign up with you all.
See ya in Vegas baby! :thumbsup:

wsantiago
05-12-2009, 11:38 AM
Complain much? Oh yeah... EVERY chance you get. :thumbsup:

Vaporware? Interesting... since there are MANY people using CORE at the moment and running it through its paces. Oh yeah... and I've got it too. Do you know the concept of vaporware? It's software that no one has OR is able to buy. For someone who has supposedly been using LW for such a "long time," you truly are clueless. :lightwave

Well Mr. Megalodon, NAB 2009, Has come and Gone and I guess LW CORE was a no show at NAB. I'm sure we all would have heard if CORE would have made an Appearance at NAB.

Do you understand the concept of concept? When you bought into CORE you bought into a concept, someone's vision of what a software might be "SOMEDAY". You can't model, you can't animate, you can't render in CORE therefore you can't make a living with CORE. If Newtek closes its doors tomorrow what would you call the software that you have in your hands bought and paid for? I would say that you have vaporware. Until that concept that you already paid for becomes functional and usable software it is vaporware.

Personal attacks are neither appreciated nor allowed on NewTek forums. Please sit in the sad corner for 7 days, Santiago.

By the way, since CORE is the next evolution of Lightwave 3D it will have to better at modeling, animating and rendering before it stops been vaporware, after all why pay for an upgrade that can accomplished less than its predecessor.

SBowie
05-12-2009, 11:52 AM
Are you getting all of this Mr. Megalodon or are you still clueless.Well, aren't you just the little ray of sunshine. :)

As to 'showing' Core, for one thing NAB is the wrong show, and for another, it's too early in the process. There are no surprises in this, nor does it make Core "vaporware" (it's not - even by your own unique and very personal definition), NewTek "liars" (they're not), nor (probably) anyone here an "idiot".

digefxgrp
05-12-2009, 12:59 PM
Well Mr. Megalodon, NAB 2009, Has come and Gone and I guess LW CORE was a no show at NAB.

Core was at NAB. Saw it that Tuesday (Day2 of the trade show). Also had a nice conversation with Jay Roth and a number of other 'Wavers.

It was an excellent show this year. Lots of cool new stuff to see and play with.

Here's a pic of the front side of Newtek's booth. Kiki's demo-ing Tricaster.

radams
05-12-2009, 11:53 PM
Well, aren't you just the little ray of sunshine. :)

Okay who's using my name again :), Steve :)

hehehe,

As for wsantiago, and meglodon, just chill.
Nab has come and gone...and as has been stated CORE was shown. ALong with many other products and concepts.

I unfortunately didn't get to go this year...but from what I've heard from friends and others, This year had some good foot traffic...and that NT as usual showed various concept projects ie: CORE but not on the main stage ( as Steve stated NAB isn't the show for that)...but that they did it around the back side...with a more private showing of where things are...and most likely where things are going.

So let's call everything square...and get back to some creative production work :)

Cheers,