PDA

View Full Version : Why ligtwave core purchasing system doesen't work with european countries???

3DGFXStudios
03-15-2009, 10:57 AM
WHY LIGTWAVE CORE PURCHASING SYSTEM DOESEN'T WORK WITH EUROPEAN COUNTRIES??? :confused::confused::confused:

NEWTEK TELL US PLEASE

3DGFXStudios
03-15-2009, 11:04 AM
uu nothing...

3DGFXStudios
03-16-2009, 07:42 AM
Now NEWTEK..... TELL ME PLEASE!!!

geothefaust
03-16-2009, 03:22 PM
I know a number of European customers are in the HardCORE forums, so it does work. What kind of problems are you getting? Also, why haven't you simply called customer service yet? ;)

allyboy13
03-16-2009, 03:46 PM
hi there, well i wonder what problems you are having......as i had absolutlely no trouble obtaining core. i have LW 9.6 and as soon as i paid by credit card i had it. i live in scotland and thought i might encounter difficulties .......but no all was cool. from what i had heard things are more problematic if you own LW BEFORE verion 9.0 and need an initial upgrade.......good luck.:thumbsup:

Jim Plant
03-16-2009, 06:16 PM
It's hard to answer your question without some more details. Here's a couple of pieces of info that might help narrow it down a bit:

1. We DO take European orders for HardCORE membership, but you must already be an existing LW 9.x customer to order a HardCORE membership from our website (www.newtek.com)

2. If you are NOT a 9.x customer, then you CAN NOT buy a HardCORE membership from our website. You must buy a 9.x upgrade or a new 9.x license first.

3. If you are a European customer and you need to buy a 9.x upgrade or a new 9.x license you CAN NOT do that on our US-based website. We have trade agreements with a European distributor and you must purchase through their sales channel (www.newtek-europe.com)

4. Once you have made your purchase through international or domestic channels, you may then register it on our US-based website and this registration will automatically trigger your free HardCORE membership.

In conclusion, there are two primary ways to sign up for a HardCORE membership:

A. If you are a 9.x customer, you can purchase the HardCORE membership in the BUY NOW section of the main NewTek website.

B. If you are not a 9.x customer, you can purchase a 9.x upgrade or a new license through the normal sales channel in your country, and then once you REGISTER your new upgrade or license, you will get a free 1-year HardCORE membership.

I hope this helps. If not, please contact me or PM me with more details and I will find someone who can help you directly

Sincerely,

Jim Plant
President & CEO
NewTek, Inc.

bbuxton
03-16-2009, 07:25 PM
Well I'm a registered user of LW 9.6 & the store fails after going through paypal with the error that Newtek does not currently ship to my location (UK).

I'll try with a card payment instead in case it is a glitch with Newteks PayPal settings.

There is no point to purchase Lightwave Core membership from Newtek Europe & their advise is to use the US site.

BB

spigolo
03-17-2009, 12:34 AM
Jim take a look at this forum..
Me and many other european owner of lw 9 are having the same problem..
I even called newtek europe..they said they are working on the problem..

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96364

littleloud
03-17-2009, 12:59 AM
yep i'm in the uk and bought 2 upgrades to the 9.0 cycle. this was nearly 6 weeks ago.

i've finally got access to the core forums, but still have no sign of "core" in "my products" on the registration page. i also have no membership\ serial number for core. and i also have no real proof that i am actually entitiled to it.

i've sent a lot of emails to both newtek europe and .com and to be honest i'm pretty fed up with both of their inabilities to either sort out the issue or at least take responsibility for this issue with non-us customers.

\\end rant mode :)

n.

FHL
03-17-2009, 05:27 AM
Dear customers,
Thank you all for your ongoing support!
I apologize for the troubles some of you had getting their Core Membership.
If you are a customer living in Europe, Middle East or Africa do not hesitate to contact our team using our free callback service on www.newtek-europe.com (it works even for mobile phone numbers!) or send an email to [email protected] . We will get it sorted out for you!

As Jim Plant said if you are a registered LightWave 3D v9.x customer you can purchase the Core membership directly from your user account on www.newtek.com.

If you have an older version and want to upgrade or wish to purchase a full version of LightWave go to www.newtek-europe.com in the "Buy now" section.
Your upgrade or full version will include a 1 year CORE Membership and till the end of the month (March 31st) customers living in Europe, Middle East or Africa will get a FREE LW CAD 3.0 Plug-In as an extra bonus which represents a value of 249 Euro/approximatively 229 GBP!
Best regards

3DGFXStudios
03-17-2009, 06:30 AM
I'm a registered 9.x user but I bought that version via a local reseller so I don't have a newtek shop account until recently. The problem is that we European guys can't select the right country for the shipping address. In the billing address pop-down menu you can select every country you want but not in the shipping one.

The people that already have purchased core had already an newtek shopping account I guess.

I suggest you try it your self. Make an account and pretend you are European. You know what I mean. I'll contact newtek Europe........thxn

bill_nuts
03-17-2009, 07:22 AM
Yeah I'm having the same probs down here in Australia too.
Australia is not an option in the country drop down box for the billing address and it wont proceed any further.
I emailed customer service and only got a brief reply asking how I was trying to pay. Didn't matter. Neither worked.

The Australian Newtek distributor, Newmagic want $AU1299 or approx $US855 for a HardCore upgrade. Ridiculous price!!! And greedy!

3DGFXStudios
03-17-2009, 07:40 AM
The Australian Newtek distributor, Newmagic want $AU1299 or approx $US855 for a HardCore upgrade. Ridiculous price!!! And greedy!

Wow that's not right dude.:thumbsdow 855 :eek:

Looks like you need a newtek Australia. Or a working web shop. ;)

mattc
03-17-2009, 08:10 AM
Yeah I'm having the same probs down here in Australia too.
Australia is not an option in the country drop down box for the billing address and it wont proceed any further.
I emailed customer service and only got a brief reply asking how I was trying to pay. Didn't matter. Neither worked.

Wasn't a problem here at all.

3DGFXStudios
03-17-2009, 08:18 AM
Wasn't a problem here at all.

That's probably because you already had an shop account

Jim Plant
03-17-2009, 08:57 AM
Thanks for the responses. I've checked with our MIS and Sales departments this morning, and they confirm that they are having a problem with getting this to work right for International customers trying to purchase a HardCORE membership. They are working on it right now and I will post here in this thread when they tell me they have it working.

Thanks.

Jim Plant
President & CEO
NewTek, Inc.

Jim Plant
03-17-2009, 04:20 PM
I'm told this is now fixed for international customers who already own LW 9.x and want to purchase a HardCORE membership from the NewTek website. Give it a try and let us know if it works for you.

Thanks.

Jim Plant
President & CEO
NewTek, Inc.

3DGFXStudios
03-17-2009, 04:26 PM
Going to try it now. Thank you very much!

slacer
03-17-2009, 04:46 PM
I'm told this is now fixed for international customers who already own LW 9.x and want to purchase a HardCORE membership from the NewTek website. Give it a try and let us know if it works for you.

Thanks.

Jim Plant
President & CEO
NewTek, Inc.

Hello,

I bought LW 9.6 at the beginning of February this year, but there is no HardCORE membership ID at my registration page.
Should this be fixed, too?

donny
03-17-2009, 05:50 PM
Hello Slacer users that did not get a Membership number have it tied to your serial number so if you have access to the Core forums everything is correct. This information was also posted in the Core discussion forums.

bill_nuts
03-17-2009, 09:54 PM

Thanks.

Jim Plant
President & CEO
NewTek, Inc.

It is indeed working now.
Thanks very much.

cheers
Bill

slacer
03-18-2009, 12:21 AM
Hello Slacer users that did not get a Membership number have it tied to your serial number so if you have access to the Core forums everything is correct. This information was also posted in the Core discussion forums.

Thank you, I was waiting for a confirmation at the registration page that I am a Core member.

-- slacer

3DGFXStudios
03-18-2009, 06:11 AM
Did any one have success with the updated web shop. I still can't buy core!? I'm using paypal...

I get this

An error occurred when placing your order. We apologize for the inconvenience. You may try placing the order again, or contact us if the problem persists.

and after trying 3 times

You have exceeded the maximum number of payment attempts. Please try again later.

Any one?

(I'm able to select the Netherlands now so that part works)

bearfoot
03-18-2009, 06:22 AM
I know a number of European customers are in the HardCORE forums, so it does work. What kind of problems are you getting? Also, why haven't you simply called customer service yet? ;)

hey.. are the hardcore forums active yet ?

i am registered and all paid up for Hardcore but dont find any
forums active ?

thanks
n

donny
03-18-2009, 07:36 AM
Yes they are up and running.

bearfoot
03-18-2009, 07:38 AM
Yes they are up and running.

so what should i do ?

i have emailed registration support today with my order details.

is this the correct thing to do ?

many thanks
n

donny
03-18-2009, 08:01 AM
Bearfoot i checked your status early this morning you have access to them. You do not need to do anything further other than click on the Hardcore Forums on the Main discussion forum page. Here is a link just incase http://www.newtek.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=264

bearfoot
03-18-2009, 08:06 AM
many thanks donny.. i will use the direct link as i dont see the Hardcore forums
link on the discussions page

cheers
n

littleloud
03-18-2009, 12:01 PM
they should be at right at the bottom of all the other forums. :)

took me a while to find them

n.

donny
03-18-2009, 12:21 PM
When I first went to find them I just did a search on the page for Hardcore. ctrl+f should bring up the find.