PDA

View Full Version : Please grant me an RTA for Shockwave Newtek gods

theo
08-16-2003, 07:24 AM
Cheers fine virtuals,

Any chance my beloved Lightwave will include a Real TIme Authoring module....ahem ahh.... PLUGIN I mean, for Shockwave 3D. I am not a Maya user and don't plan to be any time soon but I do think their RTA for Shockwave 3D is just too cutting-edge.
This would be a serial killer app for us Director gods. I need to trim some earth rotations off my Lingo-ing big-time to increase productivity and efficiency.
I really want my time devoted more to the creation end, more earth rotations in Lightwave and Painter/Photoshop for examp, rather than a time parasite like Lingo.

Just another virtual doing my part to transcend my planetary position in beseeching the gods at Newtek to engage in more binary sculpture to please us lowly Director gods and godesses.

Have a great voyage virtuals, just don't let the UV's fry ya!

jb_gfx
08-16-2003, 05:33 PM
There is already a LWS to ShockWave exporter for LightWave. Until you are looking for something else and in this case your post is really obscur.

theo
08-16-2003, 06:04 PM
Well, you don't need to be a brain surgeon to see that LW already has an Shockwave exporter friend.

Maya's Real Time Authoring is essentially an extended application right in Maya that actually allows for the creation of Lingo driven interaction with the 3D models and environments you are exporting to the Shockwave 3D format. The Lingo needed for interaction on Director's platform is included right in the final export. Once the final Shockwave export is ready the world or whatever would be imported into Macromedia Director as a 3D environment, the catch is the Lingo has already been setup in a much easier way through the interface within Maya itself.

Anybody who has worked with 3D within Director knows exactly what I am talking about as far the coding aspect. If you haven't done any work with Shockwave 3D then your comments are really totally mute here as evidenced already with the other post.

I am a total Lightwave nut and am not pushing Maya in the slightest but the concept is brilliant and I would LOVE to see this option in Lightwave someday even as far as an extended plugin by a third party. This would be a tremendous boon to folks working with 3D within the Director environment.