PDA

View Full Version : LWCAD - Arch. Viz training

Larry_g1s
03-15-2009, 02:01 AM
With some recent requests on a particular thread (http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95762) for me to do some LWCAD & Arch. Viz. training, I've considering doing an in-depth, tutorial based training course using the tools of LWCAD v3 for Architectural Visualization. Because it will be tutorial based training, not only will students learn the tools found in LWCAD, but will learn a solid work flow approach in using LWCAD for producing quick hard surface modeling with-in the realm of Architectural Visualization. We will be taking it from the users stand point of having just receiving plans from a client (a higher end style home, not just generic) all the way to finish product (as far as modeling the house is concerned). All content (from the floor plans, elevations, etc. to the final model) will be included in the training package. This will cover the exterior portion of the home, as well as some interior portions.
---
Who is this intended for?:
I would say anyone who not only wants to familiarize themselves with LWCAD, but learn how to practically put the tools in to action. And quite possibly even veterans of arch. viz & LightWave, who want to learn how to apply and harness/speed of LWCAD into their workflow.
---
***As an extra incentive:
I've had a chance to talk to Viktor (the developer of LWCAD) about this, and he said he'd be willing to discount an upgrade of LWCAD v1.5 & 2.x users to LWCAD v3.x for those that purchase the training. But so as not to leave out those already on board with LWCAD v3, I will give a slight discount for the training on my end, for those that already current own v3. We're still working out the details.
---
Because this will be dependent upon a minimum number of interest, I would appreciate all those that would be interested in something like this, to please contact me at an e-mail addressed created specifically for this: [email protected] You can view a couple of sample demonstrations I did during the beta for v3 on the 'Online Help' section of the WTools3D website under 'LWCAD 3.x Tutorials'.

rikperni
03-15-2009, 02:23 AM
I'll be very interested if the cost is not to high!!

Ciao
Riccardo

hrgiger
03-15-2009, 08:36 AM
That would be cool Larry. I'm pretty decent with LWCAD but I still havent' gotten much use of the new UCS yet so I'd appreciate if you would cover that in your training.
Also, I heard someone else mention that Viktor said there will be a CORE version for v3 owners. Know if that's true?

Larry_g1s
03-15-2009, 10:48 AM
Thanks for the interest guys.

I'll be very interested if the cost is not to high!!

Ciao
RiccardoI will make sure the value fits the bill. ;) Also, if there is enough interest (meaning it exceeds a minumum) I work on the price a tad. But either way, you'll be getting a discount, whether you're a 1.5/2.x user (in the form of an upgrade to v3 from WTools3D0, or already a v3 user (on my end).

That would be cool Larry. I'm pretty decent with LWCAD but I still haven't' gotten much use of the new UCS yet so I'd appreciate if you would cover that in your training.
Also, I heard someone else mention that Viktor said there will be a CORE version for v3 owners. Know if that's true?UCS will most definitely be cover. And that's why I said I'm also aiming this for guys who currently do arch. viz. just not heavily in LWCAD. Like I said, I'm a big fan of LWCAD, so I want to show why in the work flow of the training. The absolute majority of the modeling I do in arch. viz. is in LWCAD.

As for the CORE version from v3, I don't know. I'll see if I can confirm that with Viktor.

GandB
03-15-2009, 10:52 AM
I may be interested in this, as LWCAD may be a decent way to build levels (or at least, rough them out).

-Keith

pixelforce
03-15-2009, 02:36 PM
I'm in and looking forward to it.

zed1000
03-15-2009, 02:56 PM
Is it done yet? :hey:

Larry_g1s
03-15-2009, 03:38 PM
I may be interested in this, as LWCAD may be a decent way to build levels (or at least, rough them out).

-KeithThat's funny you should say that, I was half hesitant saying just Arch. Viz. as it applies to other areas of 3D. I'm sitting looking at a wallpaper I made of Pixar's next movie 'Up', and thinking I could totally model that house. lol
Games was another area that came to mind.

I'm in and looking forward to it.

Sounds great Larry - emailed. :thumbsup:
Thanks guys. ;)

Is it done yet? :hey:lol

P.s. I've recently got in contact with Viktor and he said "All LWCAD 3 users will have free upgrade to CORE version." Good news! I'm assuming that would those who upgrade too. But I think he will be sending out a newsletter shortly on this. Little bit extra incentive.

snsmoore
03-15-2009, 03:53 PM
Now with a free core upgrade, upgrading to LWCAD 3 sounds a lot more tempting.

Any hints on class pricing and a discount to LWCAD 3?

-shawn

Larry_g1s
03-15-2009, 03:57 PM
Now with a free core upgrade, upgrading to LWCAD 3 sounds a lot more tempting.

Any hints on class pricing and a discount to LWCAD 3?

-shawnStill work on that, and will have to hear back from Viktor. Again, I think this will heavily be dependent upon the interest. More people means we can keep the price slightly lower then if a smaller amount are interested.

Titus
03-15-2009, 05:08 PM
I'm interested!

Larry_g1s
03-15-2009, 05:50 PM
Perhaps you can make a "not to exceed price" like $79 (or thereabouts) and have people actually sign up. That way you would know REAL interest and if you get a certain number of people signing up you know you can drop the price to "x amount" or keep it at your not-to-exceed price. I don't know if this is feasible, but it might give you an idea.Actually that's not a bad idea. :thumbsup:

One of the things I'm looking at doing also, and I can't promises this, but is to have key text explaining the process along with the audio for those that are not native English speakers.

Thanks to everyone for the initial interest.

hrgiger
03-15-2009, 05:54 PM
Thanks for confirming the Core version Larry, that's great news.

GCastro
03-15-2009, 10:43 PM
great idea Larry! I own neither lw or lwcad (yet) but i'd likely sign up just for the theory of the training. Can't wait to get more info on it.

-George

Riff_Masteroff
03-15-2009, 11:42 PM
One use I put LWCAD is to draw up rebar from structural project drawings. Can be quite complex. Any thoughts to include standard rebar definitions (short hand) and how to transfer them to 3d via LWCAD???

rikperni
03-16-2009, 01:13 AM
One of the things I'm looking at doing also, and I can't promises this, but is to have key text explaining the process along with the audio for those that are not native English speakers.

Thanks to everyone for the initial interest.

This will be wonderful and can easily bypass the problems I wwrite you in the e-mail :thumbsup:

Ciao
Riccardo

rkpdesign
03-16-2009, 01:18 AM
I'm interested. Posting this first, then will email you...thanks, again!:thumbs

up:

Drocket
03-16-2009, 01:33 AM
Hi Larry,

I am intrested in the course, I sent you an email.

Thanks,

Andrew.

colkai
03-16-2009, 04:48 AM
If it's not too expensive, I'd certainly be interested. :)

Costanel
03-16-2009, 11:41 AM
I'll be interested as well. :)

I use LWCAD a lot, but I think it can do a lot more than where I use it for.

COBRASoft
03-16-2009, 02:17 PM
Interested as well, will depend on the price though, just bought my new monster PC for CORE :)

blondimage
03-16-2009, 02:32 PM
Nice one Larry!

Am using LWCAd at alot of late albeit for product stuff but would be keen to learn workflows etc. And a discount on v3 sounds cool as well!

Emailing you now.

Clinty

joeldberry
03-17-2009, 09:08 AM
I am interested. I have LWCAD3 and would really like to learn how to get more out of it!

jdb

OlaHaldor
03-17-2009, 09:14 AM
I'm REALLY interested! E-mail sent! :)

GregMalick
03-17-2009, 09:30 AM
I might be interested depending on topics covered and the price.

Jörg
03-17-2009, 10:09 AM
Sounds interesting Larry

Would be awesome to see some samples (when (if) available)

cheers

JJ

HelioAraujo
03-17-2009, 10:55 AM
Hi Larry,

Just sent you an email about it. I'm very interested in this training!!!

Thank you for putting some of your time for this.

Regards,
Helio

evolross
03-17-2009, 12:03 PM
Interested! (And a LWCAD 2.5 customer. Would be interested in upgrading to 3.)

Larry_g1s
03-17-2009, 12:07 PM
Thanks again to all who are interested. Please make sure you e-mail me in addition to posting here. I'll look to respond to some questions soon.

EDIT: On a side note, if in your e-mail could you put your user name, it make it a bit easier to put the names with the user. And if you've sent me an e-mail already please don't worry about it (it'd be more confusing), I can make out the earlier ones based upon the posts.

richdj
03-17-2009, 12:50 PM
Yes, I'm interested....

Rich

ige
03-17-2009, 02:00 PM
Great, Larry. I've been looking/searching for this for a looong time. I'm in!

milivoj_popovic
03-18-2009, 01:35 AM
i would be very interested! looking forward to it!

Larry_g1s
03-18-2009, 01:10 PM
*** Hey Everyone...I've got some exciting news!!
I've had a chance to talk with Tom Bosschaert (Exception on the boards) of Except Architecture (http://www.except.nl), and he has agreed to produce a surfacing, lighting, and render setup video training to accompany the LWCAD training I'm looking to produce. As many of you know, Tom has a great deal of knowledge in this realm, and I for one am very excited for him to be sharing some of that with us. This will make for a solid and well round training course.

We're looking to get things squared away on this, and sooner the better, so please, if you're interested e-mail me at the e-mailed provided on the initial post.

Exception
03-18-2009, 01:48 PM
Yep this is true.
I've been meaning to develop some training material anyway, and this is a great chance to work together with Larry and perhaps others to get some solid, interesting, high quality material out there.

kopperdrake
03-18-2009, 02:46 PM
Great :thumbsup:

hrgiger
03-18-2009, 05:15 PM
Cool news. Larry/Tom, what kind of timeframe were you looking at or have you not gotten that far? Will you have a countdown to a reveal?

Just kidding on that last part.

Larry_g1s
03-18-2009, 06:19 PM
Cool news. Larry/Tom, what kind of timeframe were you looking at or have you not gotten that far? Will you have a countdown to a reveal?

Just kidding on that last part.That last part is priceless. We're still working on it and will get that info. & as soon as we know there is enough interest we can move on it.

OlaHaldor
03-18-2009, 07:09 PM
This year keeps getting better and better (despite the fact we're all in a dark age of empty pocket$). This will without a doubt be the next tutorials I'll buy.

zed1000
03-19-2009, 02:34 AM
Wow that's awesome news ! I'm in....can't wait.:D

m.simpson
03-19-2009, 07:31 AM
Yup count me in. I'm 2.5 user.

machbeowulf
03-19-2009, 08:44 AM
I will be in providing I can afford it !!! Naw .. I will find a way ...

Larry_g1s
03-20-2009, 10:34 AM
*** Hey Everyone...I've got some more exciting news!!
It's something I talked with Tom about but we couldn't confirm it until now, but James Melsom (archijam on the forums) who is a landscape architect, will be heading up the landscape portion of the training.

This will bring the training now to a more complete package and learning experience. A more detailed outline will be discussed soon.

Petz
03-20-2009, 02:09 PM
This sounds like a super All-In-One-Tutorial! I am very interested! Please make it available as a downloadable package, maybe with a PayPal-Paymentoption. I am using LWCad 3 btw. Sent you an email.

Robert

Larry_g1s
03-20-2009, 02:13 PM
This sounds like a super All-In-One-Tutorial! I am very interested! Please make it available as a downloadable package, maybe with a PayPal-Paymentoption. I am using LWCad 3 btw. Sent you an email.

RobertWe still haven't worked out the some details, but the way I initially envisioned it was exactly as you described (Paypal with download). I like Paypal sense you can use a variety of credit cards, and I like the download sense you don't have to wait nor pay for shipping. ;)

Stewdent101
03-20-2009, 03:09 PM
I`m interested email sent

archijam
03-21-2009, 06:38 AM
*** Hey Everyone...I've got some more exciting news!!
It's something I talked with Tom about but we couldn't confirm it until now, but James Melsom (archijam on the forums) who is a landscape architect, will be heading up the landscape portion of the training.

This will bring the training now to a more complete package and learning experience. A more detailed outline will be discussed soon.

Glad to be involved! I have been working with Tom on various projects for years, so it should all fit together well.

Since we use HD Instance extensively for landscape work, that may also get a look-in, though not in a 'prohibitive' sense - the tutorial will emphasise a LWCAD + LW 'F9' renderer toolset.

Much of my own work is not 'mine' to post here, however I will post LW examples showing my landscape work before the training 'goes live'.

Feel free to post any requests/queries in this direction!

Larry_g1s
03-21-2009, 01:02 PM
I posted this in the finished gallery section but wanted to also post it here to show that what will be discussed in the training can be used for areas other then strictly arch. viz. Here is a scene I recently finished for the Jason Ryan Animation live monthly webinar, which I'm currently signed up for (http://www.jrawebinar.com). Jason did the animation in Maya, which was then exported through Point Oven, where I modeled (not the characters) in LWCAD, surfaced, and lit the scene in LightWave, rendering in Kray. This is my first usage of Kray for animated objects. I'm still getting the hang of it, but over all I'm happy with it (the .flv kind of takes away from the non-compressed version). I need to fix the lighting around the ball, but just ran out of time.

You can see the animation for the live 2hr webinar tomorrow here: http://www.jrawebinar.com/Mar09_buddyboost.htm

waverguy
03-22-2009, 09:30 PM
I am interested as well. I will send the e-mail shortly.

GCastro
03-23-2009, 02:09 AM
Fantastic renders on the webinar Larry. Keep up the great work.

-George

Larry_g1s
03-23-2009, 09:21 AM
Fantastic renders on the webinar Larry. Keep up the great work.

-GeorgeThanks George, updated with motion blur.

KPS
03-26-2009, 03:59 PM
I'm Interested!:thumbsup:

Larry_g1s
03-27-2009, 01:52 PM
Hey Everyone... a bit of an update. It looks like everything is a go! So I'm/we're very excited about that. Tom, James, and I are still working out some details as to what exactly we're going to do (ie. type of plan to work with, etc.), and a price point.

But I've got some news I wanted to pass out to the community. Working with Viktor, he's said that he would discount an upgrade to v3 for all who purchase the training, approximately 20% off! Basially that works out from $149 USD to $119 USD! Pretty significant and generous I'd say. I'll be sending the info. via e-mail to those who've e-mailed me with interest through the LWCAD e-mail I set up ([email protected]) and will hopefully have the additional information next week.

Beejs
03-29-2009, 12:29 PM
I'm also interested in your upcoming tutorials, thanks for taking this on! One question, however; I was one of those “old-timers” with LW v5.6 when I jumped back in with LW 9.6 so it looks like I missed the free version of LWcad. I have not purchased LWcad 3.0 yet, so was wondering if Viktor has offered any type of discount to those of us needing to purchase the full version as opposed to the upgrade?

Larry_g1s
03-29-2009, 09:25 PM
I'm also interested in your upcoming tutorials, thanks for taking this on! One question, however; I was one of those “old-timers” with LW v5.6 when I jumped back in with LW 9.6 so it looks like I missed the free version of LWcad. I have not purchased LWcad 3.0 yet, so was wondering if Viktor has offered any type of discount to those of us needing to purchase the full version as opposed to the upgrade?You know...I'll pass that one by Viktor. Thanks for the interest.

OlaHaldor
04-01-2009, 06:03 PM
Out of curiosity - how long does it take to create a tutorial set? I'm not gonna say "like this" because I guess there's never been one which can compare to this one. ;)

How long could we be waiting before we see a product and a nice, fancy, glowing BUY button? I'm just interested in a rough estimate.. Weeks? Months? Half a year? A year? Years?
:goodluck:

GandB
04-01-2009, 07:43 PM
As long as it takes to get it right. ;)

OlaHaldor
04-01-2009, 11:20 PM
I'm on a terribly SLOW connection at the moment so I don't bother about going through the previous pages - but have you mentioned anything about Kray, Larry? I'm thinking about buying a license - and knowing I can get into it really well would almost make me have to chop my fingers off in case I accidentally should come across the BUY button. :help:

Larry_g1s
04-02-2009, 12:11 AM
Out of curiosity - how long does it take to create a tutorial set? I'm not gonna say "like this" because I guess there's never been one which can compare to this one. ;)

How long could we be waiting before we see a product and a nice, fancy, glowing BUY button? I'm just interested in a rough estimate.. Weeks? Months? Half a year? A year? Years?
:goodluck:a rough estiment would be about four to five weeks. There are still some things we're figuring out & as you said, one like this hasn't been done yet, but I believe that's a pretty good marker.

OlaHaldor
04-02-2009, 12:15 AM
Woah, even quicker than I'd imagine in the first place! *jumping back to the colorist suite and do some dirty work to save up some $$$ *

Larry_g1s
04-02-2009, 12:20 AM
I'm on a terribly SLOW connection at the moment so I don't bother about going through the previous pages - but have you mentioned anything about Kray, Larry? I'm thinking about buying a license - and knowing I can get into it really well would almost make me have to chop my fingers off in case I accidentally should come across the BUY button. :help:kray is an amazing plug-in, and as much as I like fprime & the latest build of LW native engine, I won't use anything but Kray when it comes to interiors. That said...it's a diffent beast when it comes to training for it sense it's still in a beta release. So it's kind of a moving target. Now that said...it was something I spoke with Tom about briefly, so it's something we might do as a bonus. But nothing promised.

Larry_g1s
04-02-2009, 09:21 AM
Take six to eight weeks. You KNOW it will always take you longer than you expect or want!

When does ANYTHING take less time than you expect it too? :)I know, I know. And what's worse, is I'm optimistic by nature, so that often comes back to bite me in the end. lol
So thanks.

slabomeat23
04-08-2009, 09:26 AM
I purchased AsileFX's LWCAD video and liked it alot. But it only went half way. Photo realistic renders we're never covered and that was a huge disappointment. I hope you will include some, if not half, of the trainging on Photo realistic render settings. If Kray is not covered than hopefully Fryrender or Maxwell render will be used. We have both at the office:)

Looking forward to the release & thanks for your contribution to the community.
Tito

Larry_g1s
04-08-2009, 11:48 AM
I purchased AsileFX's LWCAD video and liked it alot. But it only went half way. Photo realistic renders we're never covered and that was a huge disappointment. I hope you will include some, if not half, of the trainging on Photo realistic render settings. If Kray is not covered than hopefully Fryrender or Maxwell render will be used. We have both at the office:)

Looking forward to the release & thanks for your contribution to the community.
TitoWell, being a modeling training package covering LWCAD, I can see why there would be no covering of photo real renders. And prior to contacting Tom, I was not gong to cover it either, due to the focus being on hard-surface modeling using LWCAD. That said...the subject of lighting and rendering came to mind, which prompted me to contact Tom. :thumbsup:

I enjoy Kray & would personally like to see training on it. But as I said before in this thread, Kray is a tricking subject to cover sense it's still in a beta release. It's very usable in production, but it's still a beta version, and as a result it's kind of a moving target when it comes to training.

It's definitely something we've already talked about, and there is no promise there, but that aside, seeing what Tom has done with LW's native engine...I'm very confident in what he will show.

zed1000
04-17-2009, 04:32 AM
Hi Larry,
It would be great if training uses Native render engine.
I'm sure LW 9.6 can get good results from the experts in the know.:help:
Sooo......is it done yet??:hey:

Fadlabi
04-17-2009, 08:05 AM
We still haven't worked out the some details, but the way I initially envisioned it was exactly as you described (Paypal with download). I like Paypal sense you can use a variety of credit cards, and I like the download sense you don't have to wait nor pay for shipping. ;)

Larry please make an other option for pay with PayPal, because PayPal can not accept credit card from Sudan.

slabomeat23
04-21-2009, 08:45 PM
Hey Larry how about weekly updates on the progress of development. Some of us are on pins and needles. (eagerly awaiting:)
thanks
Tito

Larry_g1s
04-21-2009, 10:20 PM
Hey Larry how about weekly updates on the progress of development. Some of us are on pins and needles. (eagerly awaiting:)
thanks
TitoYou bet, I'll try by the end of this week. Thanks again for the interest.

CC Rider
04-24-2009, 02:03 PM
Larry,
I too am very interested in this product. I've seen the possibilities with the tools, but haven't gotten very far learning them. Video makes all the difference for me!

Thanks!

ps if anyone is reading who can do something about it...I would be very keen on Kray videos as well!

:thumbsup:

Larry_g1s
04-27-2009, 06:02 PM
Hey everyone, I just sent out a "newsletter" update e-mail to those that have previously e-mailed that they were interested in the training. So if you don't get it, or haven't sent me an e-mail notifying me you're interested, please e-mail me at [email protected] (please let me know which of these two categories you fall in to so I can update the address book accordingly.

HelioAraujo
05-03-2009, 03:46 PM
Larry,

In the "newsletter" you said that you're not going to use dwg or dxf files. Even thus, I'd like to suggest you to include a small chapter (I mean a small video) showing briefly how to do it from a simple floor plan/elevation; no details, just the big picture. Also, if you could find a way of telling how a dwg file should be structured, so users that intend to work with this kind of input from clients would have an idea of what to ask for (basically a uncluttered dwg file, as you probably have already got something that gave you a headache to clean).

Besides that, I'm anxious for the training as a kid is anxious for a new toy! :)

Regards,

Larry_g1s
05-03-2009, 06:03 PM
Larry,

In the "newsletter" you said that you're not going to use dwg or dxf files. Even thus, I'd like to suggest you to include a small chapter (I mean a small video) showing briefly how to do it from a simple floor plan/elevation; no details, just the big picture. Also, if you could find a way of telling how a dwg file should be structured, so users that intend to work with this kind of input from clients would have an idea of what to ask for (basically a uncluttered dwg file, as you probably have already got something that gave you a headache to clean).

Besides that, I'm anxious for the training as a kid is anxious for a new toy! :)

Regards,You bet. I just figured no dwg/dxf would be worse case scenario. But I will address in a short video, basic working with LWCAD from a dwg/dxf.

Trulsi
05-18-2009, 02:19 AM
I just saw this (after searching for lwcad 3 training) - and it's great news! I'm probably going to buy. Will send you email. And I also would have to buy into lwcad 3, so a "package price" would be great.

jocco
05-25-2009, 06:47 AM
waw, I interested. I'll send an email right away !

cheers

Larry_g1s
05-26-2009, 01:51 AM
small update: The training is coming along now. I apologize for it taking a bit, but there is lot of work done on this to do it right. Particularly that we aren't just starting with .dwg/.dxf drawings. I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to stuff like this, so I want to do it right and very good info./training. So a projected date is about a week and a half.

OlaHaldor
05-26-2009, 03:30 AM
Sweet! I still think that's quick. :) I know somebody who might get an early summer gift :D

ToMar
05-27-2009, 10:45 AM
Larry please make an other option for pay with PayPal, because PayPal can not accept credit card from Sudan.

Credit Card is not must for PayPal. PayPal can withdraw it from your bank account also. At least where I live.

Picajol
05-31-2009, 07:29 AM
Im interested also.
Is the training DVD finished?
When shell we maybe see a small preview.

Joker II
05-31-2009, 09:59 AM
Any info you can give us what will be shown ?

I'm really interested in seeing how you would go on in creating old roofs, buildings, doors, windows, etc... (17th - 18th century).

Picajol
05-31-2009, 12:03 PM
Youre beeing too picky now...

Joker II
05-31-2009, 12:19 PM
Well, maybe I am, but, there's no harm in asking right.

I'd like to be able to create stuff like this:

Picajol
06-01-2009, 09:36 AM
jump to this post...

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96402&page=2

Exception
06-02-2009, 04:20 AM
Just to chime in here, once Larry is done, we'll take the same object and reel off lighting, surfacing and rendering tutorials off of that, so it'll be a continuous whole. We hope to present a really comprehensive set of training material as a collective.

Picajol
06-02-2009, 05:41 AM
I found tzhis link at LWCAD site
http://www.genesis1studios.com/lwcad_training.html

When will this all be finished?
Can we already place on order. What are our payment option. Will this be available via download format (wich will be great!)
Thanx a lot! :-)

Larry_g1s
06-02-2009, 09:18 AM
Larry, any news...Good news and not so good news. The not so good news is I will not have the training done in the next couple of weeks as desired. I do apologize. Many factors that I won't bore you with, but long story short of it, I'm not going to release shoddy work. I've been working with Viktor who will be reviewing them, and he feels the same way. I'm sure you'll forgive me for later training that good, vs. earlier training that feels less then polished.

Okay, on to the good news right...right?!? The good news is Viktor has just now released v3.1 of LWCAD (check your e-mails if you're on his newsletter) which gives info. on the coupon information for the discount of the upgrade to v3.1 and new purchases when you purchase the training. So long story short the training will be out soon, but you can upgrade/purchase the latest version of LWCAD and get the discount for it, when the training is released.

Here is an address for more info. on my end: http://www.genesis1studios.com/lwcad_training.html

Can we already place on order. What are our payment option. Will this be available via download format (wich will be great!)
Thanx a lot! :-)You can place your order on the upgrade/new lic. for LWCAD and get a coupon to be redeemed to Viktor on your purchase, once the LWCAD training is released and purchased. This will be available for download. ;)

And as Tom pointed out, even those these will be separate tutorials in regards to purchasing, because his and James will be using the model from the LWCAD training, it will be a very cohesive training covering many different areas of LW.

More info. can be found out on that link I gave.

Picajol
06-02-2009, 09:42 AM
Ok, so if I buy a new licence of LwCAD for 299$ i get a 50$ coupon.
The LWCAD video training that you are preparing will be priced 65$
65$-50$=15$ for the Larrys training material.
Exception training will be lets say also 65$, wich I must pay at full price.
Is this math ok?

WIll there be an download option when purchasing training material?

Larry_g1s
06-02-2009, 09:59 AM
Ok, so if I buy a new licence of LwCAD for 299$ i get a 50$ coupon.
The LWCAD video training that you are preparing will be priced 65$
65$-50$=15$ for the Larrys training material.
Exception training will be lets say also 65$, wich I must pay at full price.
Is this math ok?

WIll there be an download option when purchasing training material?The math is correct, I'm not sure on all the numbers (i.e. Tom's training).

EDIT on coupon info. : I just talked with Viktor, and actually we're going to change it. Basically you'll use that coupon on the purchase of the training. So if the training is $65 and you purchased an upgrade (discount coupon = $30), then it'll be $35 for the training. if the training is $65 and you purchased a new lic. (discount coupon = $50) the training will then be $15. Hope that makes sense.

CGI Addict
06-02-2009, 10:57 AM
Wow Larry, that is one very, very cool tutorial project to start with, The Robie House by Frank Lloyd Wright who is one of my favorite architects next to Frank Gehry (Disney Concert Hall). That project certainly will provide everyone with plenty of cool LWCad goodness.

Congrats on the choice and very reasonable pricing.

Man, we have RebelHill doing rigging tuts, Larry doing LWCad, and Tom (Exception) doing lighting and surfacing, this is a great time to be into Lightwave. NewTek should provide some online presence for these guys.

Something apart from these forums.

Larry_g1s
06-02-2009, 11:02 AM
Thanks Mike, I really appreciate it. I just recently posted on another thread, I'm really looking forward to CORE, but with these training material that you've pointed out, it really shows what a great version 9.6 is and the longevity of the present version of many of our favorite 3D app.

***Please everyone, notice the edit in post #91 on the coupon info.

beverins
06-02-2009, 12:03 PM
I'm indeed interested!

Cageman
06-02-2009, 01:19 PM
Wow Larry, that is one very, very cool tutorial project to start with, The Robie House by Frank Lloyd Wright who is one of my favorite architects next to Frank Gehry (Disney Concert Hall). That project certainly will provide everyone with plenty of cool LWCad goodness.

Congrats on the choice and very reasonable pricing.

Man, we have RebelHill doing rigging tuts, Larry doing LWCad, and Tom (Exception) doing lighting and surfacing, this is a great time to be into Lightwave. NewTek should provide some online presence for these guys.

Something apart from these forums.

:)

Don't forget Lino Grandi (rigging/animation) and 3d4me (free nodal videos en masse).

So...yes... it is a great time to be a LW-user. :thumbsup:

GregMalick
06-02-2009, 01:48 PM
Wow. The Robie House.

Not sure how I missed that.
Looks like I'll have to upgrade and get the training.
where am I going to get all the money for all the cool stuff coming out this summer? :foreheads

Cohen
06-02-2009, 04:02 PM
Sorry, I just saw this thread after posting in the hardcore forum emphatically about NURBS surfaces in modeler! Is Viktor slating lwcad 4.0 for lw modeler, or lightwave CORE? I thought he was going to make it for CORE?

Larry_g1s
06-02-2009, 04:04 PM
Sorry, I just saw this thread after posting in the hardcore forum emphatically about NURBS surfaces in modeler! Is Viktor slating lwcad 4.0 for lw modeler, or lightwave CORE? I thought he was going to make it for CORE?I can't say for certain, just speculation, but I'm assuming he's working on (not for) the present version of LW sense that's the one he currently has. So maybe he's just working it out, or maybe it'll allow him to bring it out for both. Don't know.

Nicolas Jordan
06-02-2009, 05:00 PM
I would say Viktor will probably have LWCAD 4.0 for both 9.6 and Core since not all of the LWCAD user base will have a Core license yet anyway so it would make good business sense.

cglensmith
06-03-2009, 09:22 PM
Hi Larry, just trying to confirm a couple things asked in previous posts. Will the training be a download or will it require shipping on top of the training price. I assume a download, but would prefer your answer. Lastly, is it confirmed that the training price will be $65 or is this amount just being used to help folks understand how the coupon will be applied. Thanks in advance for providing clarity. Now get back to work. Ha Ha

Picajol
06-03-2009, 11:21 PM
...and the last one...the training will definetly be released this month?

Larry_g1s
06-04-2009, 12:15 AM
Hi Larry, just trying to confirm a couple things asked in previous posts. Will the training be a download or will it require shipping on top of the training price. I assume a download, but would prefer your answer. Lastly, is it confirmed that the training price will be $65 or is this amount just being used to help folks understand how the coupon will be applied. Thanks in advance for providing clarity. Now get back to work. Ha HaI'm looking to have the training downloadable. Two reasons: 1. quicker delivery. 2. no additional cost to ship. If you want a hard copy shipped, that would have to be extra.

The price of $65 is the current price. As I said on the site (http://www.genesis1studios.com/lwcad_training.html) it might be subject to change based upon any additional training. But I $65 is the price point I'd like to keep it at. If it did change, it'd be very negligible (i.e. $70).

I like that last part. ;)

...and the last one...the training will definetly be released this month?As I mention on the site (http://www.genesis1studios.com/lwcad_training.html) (if you haven't got the recent newsletter with the link please e-mail to receive it) I've committed to July. It boiled down to many factors, but as I said previously, I'm not going to release unpolished work and wasn't going to rush to get something out. I'll be working with Viktor (dev. of LWCAD) to produce a polished and comprehensive training on LWCAD v3.x and a solid arch. viz work flow. Again I do apologize. So by the end of July is the date. But that's why I worked with Viktor on the coupon situation, because it allows people to purchase the latest and definitely the greatest version of LWCAD now, and still get the discount on the training next month. How's that for a PR spin? lol Seriously though, I do very much appreciate the interest and the patience. :thumbsup:

cglensmith
06-04-2009, 08:20 PM
Sounds great Larry!

I'm sure I'm one of many that don't want you to release unpolished work or to rush just to get something out, so you don't need to apologize for taking the time to do the job right IMHO. Take the time you need to produce a polished and comprehensive training package and you'll create a bunch of happy customers! :)

hrgiger
06-04-2009, 08:35 PM
I'm glad it's going to be July Larry because I've bought way too much these last few months and I still want to buy Rebel Hills rigging training as well. Looking forward to it.

peter coley
07-14-2009, 07:44 AM
yes I wolud be interested if the cost is not to high

peter coley
07-14-2009, 07:48 AM
Does anyone know where I can get some free UK house plans to practice using lwcad

AdamAvenali
07-14-2009, 07:50 AM
Does anyone know where I can get some free UK house plans to practice using lwcad

are you looking for just floorplan and elevation images or actual CAD to snap to?

Larry_g1s
07-14-2009, 09:23 AM
Hey everyone, check out July's newsletter. :D

yes I wolud be interested if the cost is not to highCheck out http://www.genesis1studios.com/lwcad_training.html for all that info. If you want to be on the mailing list when it's released, please send me out an e-mail on the address on the site linked.

CC Rider
07-14-2009, 10:31 AM
Every time I see a post on this thread, I get all excited thinking the new training has been released...really looking forward to this one as I'm sure lots of others are as well!
no pressure or anything though Larry!!

:D

OlaHaldor
07-14-2009, 11:48 AM
May I ask how big the mailing list has grown so far? :)

hrgiger
07-14-2009, 12:19 PM
Larry, take your time. I want your training but I just bought Craigs rigging training so I'm good for a few weeks.

colkai
07-14-2009, 12:21 PM
I'd wager it's a fair ole size. ;) :D

archijam
07-16-2009, 07:14 AM
Semi-O.T.:

For those with iPhones/iPods, I converted the latest LWCAD 3.1 feature videos (15) to .m4v format for drag and drop goodness. (W3DTOOLS approved ..)

Link. (http://www.jmla.eu/video/LWCAD31IPHONE.ZIP) 80megs

Enjoy!

The sound's on the quiet side, but there you go!

Lito
07-30-2009, 08:49 AM
Any updates on this? Only one day left in July ;).

Larry_g1s
07-30-2009, 09:54 AM
Any updates on this? Only one day left in July ;).mmm, gulp... 8~

No, I have been keeping an eye on that date. And I am very close to getting this completed, but realistically I'll need another week and half or so after July (I know, I know...I apologize :bangwall:). My wife and I are expecting are forth child very soon, so things have been very busy around here in preparation. But many of the hurdles that I was having in producing the training earlier (tons of prep work for a home with out electronic plans) are out of the way now, and things have been going much smother for the recordings. You'll get all that hard prep. work in the resources of the training. ;)
I do really appreciate the continued interest, and it's pushed me to make sure the training is a quality piece.

OlaHaldor
07-30-2009, 10:00 AM
Good to hear there's progress Larry. And congratulations on the new kid. :)

Lito
07-30-2009, 10:52 AM
Congrats on the new child Larry. Don't worry too much about the delay I am sure most of us can relate, it was just too quiet so I had to ask :).

Larry_g1s
07-31-2009, 05:14 PM
Good to hear there's progress Larry. And congratulations on the new kid. :)

Congrats on the new child Larry. Don't worry too much about the delay I am sure most of us can relate, it was just too quiet so I had to ask :).

Thanks guys, very excited for the little one. So yes there is progress & again, thanks for the interest and support. :thumbsup:

OlaHaldor
07-31-2009, 05:39 PM
If Larry did as good job on the baby as he does on this LWCAD tutorial, I bet there's loads of fancy catmull clark stuff going on, so it will be smooth as can be. :p

Brian_7
07-31-2009, 06:38 PM
Looks like I missed the coupon band wagon.... damn!!

Larry_g1s
07-31-2009, 10:45 PM
That's GREAT! Congratulations!!!

Wishing you only the best - and hoping it's a nice, smooth and relatively painless delivery! :thumbsup:Thanks so much.

If Larry did as good job on the baby as he does on this LWCAD tutorial, I bet there's loads of fancy catmull clark stuff going on, so it will be smooth as can be. :phey hey... :tsktsk: :p

Looks like I missed the coupon band wagon.... damn!!I'll talk to Viktor about extending it sense I'll be a bit late. :thumbsup:

Brian_7
07-31-2009, 11:19 PM
I'll talk to Viktor about extending it sense I'll be a bit late. :thumbsup:

That would be great! :D

Brian

colkai
08-01-2009, 07:37 AM
Will be waiting for this one Larry. :)

Larry_g1s
08-03-2009, 02:31 PM
Just spoke with Viktor (dev. of LWCAD), and he'll be extending the coupon on the training with new & upgraded purchase of LWCAD. Just make sure it's from the correct site he's mentioned for the coupon: http://www.wtools3d.com/order.php

Brian_7
08-03-2009, 07:32 PM
Larry, I just purchased the upgrade a few minutes ago. It's downloaded. Will they send me the coupon separately? Or do I just let you know when I go to purchase your training?

Thanks!

Brian

Brian_7
08-07-2009, 08:09 AM
Viktor emailed me back with the coupon code. You mentioned other training from Exception and Archijam. Is there a time frame for those?

Brian

P.S. Thanks Viktor and Larry for the coupon!!! :bowdown:

waverguy
08-08-2009, 12:15 AM
Just spoke with Viktor (dev. of LWCAD), and he'll be extending the coupon on the training with new & upgraded purchase of LWCAD. Just make sure it's from the correct site he's mentioned for the coupon: http://www.wtools3d.com/order.php

Do you know how long Viktor will be extending the coupon offer?

Exception
08-08-2009, 05:39 AM
We'll start making the tutorials when Larry finishes his. Unfortunately it's a linear process.

Larry_g1s
08-09-2009, 10:49 PM
Hey guys, sorry it's been a couple of days here. My wife and I did have our baby this past week!!! So I haven't been able to get on in a bit. I'm glad you guys upgraded to v3.1, it's a great update. I've been really enjoying working on the training using these tools. I'll be back to the training here shortly. I appreciate the interest and confidence (thanks Megalodon).

And yes, I too am looking forward to Tom's and James' training, so I'm trying to finalize some things so they can get started (man, throw me under the bus Tom, lol :p ) I should be able to get Tom and James what they need by the end of the week for them to get started.

archijam
08-10-2009, 12:16 AM
That north-western europe directness is like a cool, salty breeze .. great stuff ;)

The focus is on generating all of the material using the same base content and files ensures that the stages are self referential. This is the best way to illustrate the whole process (and generate training material between 2 continents), hence the linearity.

The legibility and applicability of the material should only benefit from this process.

Larry: All the best to your family!

roboken
08-10-2009, 03:49 PM
I just got my 3.1 upgrade. I can't wait for this tutorial series by Larry, Tom and James. I think the collaboration between the three of you is a terrific and natural idea. Hopefully it will inspire some other partnerships in our community to produce new training.

Brian_7
08-14-2009, 01:18 PM
Sorry to start a "throw you under the bus" conversation but..... I got cash and I want to spend it! (Preferably with you, Arch and Excep!) When will you open your site to take reservations?

Brian

(I have a 9 year-old and I remember how crazy it was the first 6 weeks!)

Picajol
08-19-2009, 02:14 PM
Any news here?

Simon
08-21-2009, 05:45 AM

Am I missing something obvious - I can't see any mention of the coupon on the buy page? I just bought an upgrade on Safe Harbour thinking I would get a coupon, then I saw this post.

Brian_7
08-21-2009, 09:12 AM

The coupon is only provided if you order from the above store.

Brian

Simon
08-21-2009, 10:27 AM
The coupon is only provided if you order from the above store.

Brian

It doesn't say that anywhere on the site though?!

Brian_7
08-21-2009, 11:36 AM
At one time, previous to the original expiration date, he did mention the training and the coupon on the order page. He emailed my coupon a few days after I ordered the upgrade.

Brian

Simon
08-21-2009, 05:43 PM
There was nothing there when I looked, I didn't realise it mattered who I bought from. Oh well.

Larry_g1s
08-22-2009, 09:03 PM
Sorry to start a "throw you under the bus" conversation but..... I got cash and I want to spend it! (Preferably with you, Arch and Excep!) When will you open your site to take reservations?

Brian

(I have a 9 year-old and I remember how crazy it was the first 6 weeks!)lol. Thanks guys. I think Brian_7 has summerized in his last statement here. It has been nutty time wise (in a good way). So just a quick update...I'm still very much committed to this in devour, and still very much working on it. It's just, as you can image with a wife & four now (one being only a couple weeks old), time is further and farther between to work on it consistently. But I am working on it right now. I really appreciate everyone's continued patience, interest, and confidence. ;) ...you keep me going. :thumbsup:

There was nothing there when I looked, I didn't realise it mattered who I bought from. Oh well.I'm very sorry Simon, it was on the LWCAD newsletter Victor sent out last month or so. Very sorry.

waverguy
08-22-2009, 09:52 PM
lol. Thanks guys. I think Brian_7 has summerized in his last statement here. It has been nutty time wise (in a good way). So just a quick update...I'm still very much committed to this in devour, and still very much working on it. It's just, as you can image with a wife & four now (one being only a couple weeks old), time is further and farther between to work on it consistently. But I am working on it right now. I really appreciate everyone's continued patience, interest, and confidence. ;) ...you keep me going. :thumbsup:

I'm very sorry Simon, it was on the LWCAD newsletter Victor sent out last month or so. Very sorry.

Hi Larry. Have you heard any word if the coupon deal will be extended? I hope I don't come off as pushy. I know you have had a lot going on the last few weeks.

Thanks.

Larry_g1s
08-22-2009, 09:57 PM
Hi Larry. Have you heard any word if the coupon deal will be extended? I hope I don't come off as pushy. I know you have had a lot going on the last few weeks.

Thanks.Yes, I talked to Viktor and it is extended. And no not pushy at all. I appreciate the interest. ;)

waverguy
08-22-2009, 10:06 PM
Yes, I talked to Viktor and it is extended. And no not pushy at all. I appreciate the interest. ;)

Thanks Larry.

That's great news. Do you know how long it will be extended? I'm still saving up my nickels and dimes. :thumbsup:

Larry_g1s
08-22-2009, 10:09 PM
Thanks Larry.

That's great news. Do you know how long it will be extended? I'm still saving up my nickels and dimes. :thumbsup:I don't know extactly sense I haven't released the training yet. I would image it would be shortly after the training is released. Which I'm shooting for a couple more weeks.

waverguy
08-22-2009, 10:30 PM
I don't know extactly sense I haven't released the training yet. I would image it would be shortly after the training is released. Which I'm shooting for a couple more weeks.

Okay. I will have to keep that in mind and start saving my nickels and dimes a lot faster. If you do ever hear of a firm date on the coupon ending could you post on the forum. That would be great. :thumbsup:

Thanks again Larry.

Larry_g1s
08-22-2009, 10:33 PM
Okay. I will have to keep that in mind and start saving my nickels and dimes a lot faster. If you do ever hear of a firm date on the coupon ending could you post on the forum. That would be great. :thumbsup:

Thanks again Larry.You bet. :)

waverguy
08-28-2009, 11:37 PM
You bet. :)

Hi Larry.

It looks like the free coupon offer is good until August 31. Just passing on the info for those who are interested.:thumbsup:

Larry_g1s
08-30-2009, 04:16 PM
Quick little update. Recording has been picked up on a more full steam a head now that things are getting in to grove with the new addition, so I can see the finish line soon. And secondly I've got the finished model to Tom & James for them to commence on their training. Lastly, if you want the discounted coupon, make sure you buy it on or before the 31st of this month, as waverguy has pointed out. I will talk with Viktor about extending it sense I'm almost done, but I can't guarantee anything. Thanks everyone for being so patience and committed. I've even learned a couple new things using LWCAD in a work flow by doing the training. :thumbsup:

Trulsi
09-05-2009, 06:00 PM
Quick little update. Recording has been picked up on a more full steam a head now that things are getting in to grove with the new addition, so I can see the finish line soon. And secondly I've got the finished model to Tom & James for them to commence on their training. Lastly, if you want the discounted coupon, make sure you buy it on or before the 31st of this month, as waverguy has pointed out. I will talk with Viktor about extending it sense I'm almost done, but I can't guarantee anything. Thanks everyone for being so patience and committed. I've even learned a couple new things using LWCAD in a work flow by doing the training. :thumbsup:

Woops... I just came in and saw that the offer had ended... Wasn't that a bit early? I would really like to take advantage of it to! Have you talked to Viktor about extending it?

Exception
09-07-2009, 04:01 PM
Oh boy. Time to show my face in here, I see.

Well... as far as my part of the tutorials are concerned, I did get the model, but the whole process has taken a little bit longer than I anticipated with my planning. To be serious, the beginning of this year was another world. I'm now involved with some sustainable design projects that are really quite demanding. LW mostly gets used for spatial studies. If anyone's interested in urban design, architecture or sustainability development, take a look at our website. It has tons of new projects that were not there when we started with these tutorials early this year :)

However, I really do want to make the surfacing & lighting tutorials. It might take a bit. That said, that should not prevent the original LWCAD training of Larry to come out in full soon, as I am not involved in that.
I think I'll have time for it in about a month. That's when we also have the company move over with (and we will be in an awesome location, if anyone cares to visit us in Rotterdam).

Larry_g1s
09-08-2009, 01:01 PM
I've just sent out a newsletter with an update and release info. to those that have sent me an e-mail ([email protected]) expressing an interest. Check out the site (http://www.genesis1studios.com/lwcad_training.html) for a cool video I'd came across online showing of the Robie home and why it's so unique.

Per Tom's (Exception) comments, I think this will work out actually good from a consumer stand point. It'll give him time to put something polished & informative together, and those who have purchased my training, to go through it and save up for Tom's & James training portion of the Robie home. ;)

aa1037
09-08-2009, 01:10 PM
Congratulations! I can tell from following the posts and newsletters you've put a lot of care and work into this and I can't wait for the release!

Trulsi
09-08-2009, 01:20 PM
I've just sent out a newsletter with an update and release info. to those that have sent me an e-mail ([email protected]) expressing an interest. Check out the site (http://www.genesis1studios.com/lwcad_training.html) for a cool video I'd came across online showing of the Robie home and why it's so unique.

Hi Larry!

I didn't get your newsletter. I only got the one you sent on the third of june - perhaps I've fallen off the list? This is probably why I didn't know that the coupon offer had ended as well... I bought LWCAD yesterday and have asked Viktor if I could have a coupon anyway:)

Looking forward to your training!

-Truls

Larry_g1s
09-08-2009, 10:46 PM
Hi Larry!

I didn't get your newsletter. I only got the one you sent on the third of june - perhaps I've fallen off the list? This is probably why I didn't know that the coupon offer had ended as well... I bought LWCAD yesterday and have asked Viktor if I could have a coupon anyway:)

Looking forward to your training!

-Trulssend me an e-mail to that link I gave. There is one e-mail that keeps getting denied, but it's only that one.

Trulsi
09-08-2009, 11:47 PM
send me an e-mail to that link I gave. There is one e-mail that keeps getting denied, but it's only that one.

Hi Larry!

Thanks, I will do when I get home today:)

RebelHill
09-09-2009, 05:43 AM
Glad its goin well so far for ya larry... just the final push for u now, I know how it feels (;

Larry_g1s
09-17-2009, 12:16 PM
RELEASED!!!: http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102099

CC Rider
09-17-2009, 12:19 PM
I'll be ordering mine tonight!
I hope your servers don't crash...I have a feeling they are going to be very busy!
Congrats on completing this project!

:thumbsup:

OlaHaldor
09-17-2009, 12:21 PM
I'm ordering ASAP !! :)
Unfortunately nothing appears to be added to any kind of shopping cart. I'm just asked to login, and I'm sent to either "My Account" or "My Transactions". Thought you should know, Larry. :)

Trulsi
09-17-2009, 01:00 PM
Congratulations, Larry! This is great:D

I'm going to order as well. But I'm having the same problem as Ola Haldor. I come to a paypal page where I can sign in to my account, but I see no mention of the training.

npix
09-17-2009, 01:07 PM
Thank's Larry, same problem I log-in to my PayPal account, but no details are showing...

Riff_Masteroff
09-17-2009, 01:21 PM
Well... as far as my part of the tutorials are concerned, I did get the model, but the whole process has taken a little bit longer than I anticipated with my planning. To be serious, the beginning of this year was another world. I'm now involved with some sustainable design projects that are really quite demanding. LW mostly gets used for spatial studies. If anyone's interested in urban design, architecture or sustainability development, take a look at our website. It has tons of new projects that were not there when we started with these tutorials early this year :)

Exception: what a valuable opportunity for integration! No need to digress and move away.

Urban planning, sustainable design, massing and etc are great opportunities for VDC (virtual design and construction), BIM (building information model), Lightwave and LWCAD. Grand scale beginning thoughts, sketches, scribbles should make use of the same language and carry through computationally into final design and then, actual construction.

LWCAD is already firmly planted on that boat. If the Arch-Viz CD doesn't address/hint at the immensity of it all, I hope future training efforts will.

Larry_g1s
09-17-2009, 02:48 PM
There seems to be an issue with the PayPal buttons not quite working like they are
suppose to. I'm currently looking in to it. If that is the case with you, please use
PayPal's manual method of sending payment. Click on the 'Send Money' tab, use this e-mail
address, and put in the correct amount per your situation (standard= $68, with a $30 off
coupon = $38, & with a $50 off coupon=$18). I apologize for the inconvenience.

HelioAraujo
09-29-2009, 05:30 PM
Howdy folks,

After Larry told us he was going to make the LWCAD training I found the following book and bought it.

Cut & Assemble Frank Lloyd Wright?s Robie House (Cut & Assemble Buildings in H-O Scale) (Paperback) (http://www.amazon.com/Assemble-Frank-Lloyd-Wright-Buildings/dp/0486253686/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1254266782&sr=8-1)

It was sitting on the shelf waiting for the moment to put it to use. Hope this info can be of use for those who purchased Larry's training.

Regards,
Helio

Larry_g1s
09-29-2009, 11:08 PM
Ha! Pretty cool. I wasn't real familiar with the home till James & Tom mentioned it, but after finishing the training I really grew an appreciate for the home.

OlaHaldor
09-30-2009, 12:44 AM
HAHAHA! All these fancy things they come up with.. What's next, Larry? Cut and assemble a paper model of The Empire State Building using LWCAD, or maybe The White House? :D

No seriously, building The White House or something would actually be a bit cool! :)

HelioAraujo
09-30-2009, 03:16 PM
Hey OlaHaldor,

Try the search "cut & assemble" at amazon.com. Did you mention Empire State Building? Look at this link: Master-Builders-Skyscrapers (http://www.amazon.com/Master-Builders-Skyscrapers-Gretchen-Bank/dp/1592238343/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1254345179&sr=1-2)

There are a couple of cool things :)

Regards,
Helio

OlaHaldor
09-30-2009, 03:17 PM
LOL!! Haha! This just goes on and on.. I think I'll stick to LWCAD for now, and rather make it look like a paper model. :D

slabomeat23
10-17-2009, 02:58 PM
Hey archijam/James Melsom
Any information about your training or any report on the progress of the landscape portion of your training. Looking forward to the purchase:)
thanks
Tito

archijam
10-18-2009, 05:28 PM
Except.nl remain very busy at the moment, as Tom mentioned. The planning, however, is already underway.

In contrast to the training of Larry, which is pure LWCAD, Tom and I are planning the landscape and render training to be integrated, that is to say that the set up for render will be part of the modeling and landscape work.

To this end, I will soon visit Rotterdam to discuss the format with Tom, and finalise the details. We therefore cannot give a due date at this time. However, we work together often, and once we begin the process will be very efficient (we are both too busy for it to be otherwise...).

In addition, without going into specifics, LWCAD is growing in directions that benefit Landscape and the large scale. While the training will refer to 3.1, we would like to ensure that this is compatible with future features, so that it remains relevant. It will also then be possible to easily add updates, that fit with the training delivery and workflow.

Picajol
10-21-2009, 01:47 AM
In addition, without going into specifics, LWCAD is growing in directions that benefit Landscape and the large scale. While the training will refer to 3.1, we would like to ensure that this is compatible with future features, so that it remains relevant. It will also then be possible to easily add updates, that fit with the training delivery and workflow.

Landscaping tools for LwCAD?
This is planed for the next version? Can you ell us more aboth it? What tools...Seems very interesting!

Exception
10-21-2009, 04:31 AM
Just a shout from the Except camp here, agreeing with James.

We had the training planned for this month, but some work on a sustainability project got in the way. Good for the planet, bad for Wavers.

When James comes to visit us over here, we'll set a workplan and it'll be done before you've even figured out all the new features in LWCAD. Which are awesome. And some news about that should be in your inbox if you own LWCAD.

colkai
10-21-2009, 06:51 AM
Just seen the videos, does Viktor rock or what?
Can't wait to get my hands on these tools, where would modeller be without them? :D :D

OlaHaldor
10-21-2009, 06:54 AM
What?!! What tools? WHAT WHAT WHAT? I haven't got any new email. :(

archijam
10-21-2009, 07:50 AM
Let's see .. Ola .. Ola .. OlaHaldor!

Seems you are on the list of people we're not allowed to tell about this, listed at the bottom of the email, which you know nothing about... and neither do I ... ;)

*whistles*

(No rush, only the Win32 and Win64 versions are ready so far) :)

Brian_7
10-21-2009, 09:31 AM
archijam, I laughed so hard I hurt myself!! By the way, am I on the list...

Larry_g1s
10-21-2009, 09:39 AM
Just a shout from the Except camp here, agreeing with James.

We had the training planned for this month, but some work on a sustainability project got in the way. Good for the planet, bad for Wavers.

When James comes to visit us over here, we'll set a workplan and it'll be done before you've even figured out all the new features in LWCAD. Which are awesome. And some news about that should be in your inbox if you own LWCAD.I'm very much looking forward to it Tom. I'm tired of hit and miss in the lighting arena. ;)

Just seen the videos, does Viktor rock or what?Viktor rock! :jam: I haven't had a chance to check out the tools in great depth yet, but from what I've been playing around with...great free addition.

OlaHaldor
10-21-2009, 10:24 AM
Let's see .. Ola .. Ola .. OlaHaldor!

Seems you are on the list of people we're not allowed to tell about this, listed at the bottom of the email, which you know nothing about... and neither do I ... ;)

*whistles*

(No rush, only the Win32 and Win64 versions are ready so far) :)

LOL!! :D Well, even though it's "only windows", I'd love to see what's going on in Viktor's mind. Anyone care to forward it to me? Or is it strictly confidential?

OlaHaldor
10-22-2009, 03:29 AM
Okey, I contacted Viktor about this. I thought there was a NEW newsletter. What he pointed me to was the newsletter about LWCAD 3.1... I got that asap when it came out, of course.

*Sigh* I feel I was a little bit let down now, I was looking forward to seeing something new. :)

Exception
10-22-2009, 09:34 AM
*Sigh* I feel I was a little bit let down now, I was looking forward to seeing something new. :)

That's because you're on the list... everyone else got news about version 3.5.

Oh, was I not allowed to say that?

Diversion -> :santa:

OlaHaldor
10-22-2009, 09:41 AM
No, seriously, there's a 3.5? 8/

slabomeat23
10-27-2009, 10:08 PM
Hey Larry_g1s
Do you plan on uploading any samples of your instructions to the Genesis One Studios website? I'd like to see more than the few rotating sample pics you have on your purchase page. Not sure if you have a heavy accent or did a screen capture at 3 fps etc... not looking for a free chapter just some reasonable samples of your instructions. thanks

Larry_g1s
10-28-2009, 11:07 AM
Hey Larry_g1s
Do you plan on uploading any samples of your instructions to the Genesis One Studios website? I'd like to see more than the few rotating sample pics you have on your purchase page. Not sure if you have a heavy accent or did a screen capture at 3 fps etc... not looking for a free chapter just some reasonable samples of your instructions. thanksI understand and will look to do something like this, but it won't be for a couple of weeks (knee deep in a project). If in the mean time you can check out some older free examples I did of the roof tool on the WTools3D (http://www.wtools3d.com/online-help.php) website that is titled "Larry comments LWCAD 3". It'll at least give you an idea in the mean time. :thumbsup:

slabomeat23
12-06-2009, 01:18 PM
Larry_g1s
whats the total files size for all of your training?
thanks
:)

Larry_g1s
12-06-2009, 03:29 PM
Larry_g1s
whats the total files size for all of your training?
thanks
:)Hello. It is over 2gb zipped. Is download an issue for you? Thanks for inquiring.

OlaHaldor
12-12-2009, 04:52 AM
I may only speak on my behalf, but I'm kind of happy it hasn't been released yet. I've had plenty of things to do this fall, and if the tutorials were released, I would've been thinking "I should be doing something else than work" all the time, ending up doing a bad job doing what I do at work.. :D

Trulsi
12-12-2009, 06:33 AM
There's more than enough to cope with as it is;)

Larry_g1s
12-12-2009, 02:29 PM
Thanks for your patience guys, I'm sure Tom & James appreciate it. Believe me when I say making good/solid tutorial series is no small feet, particularly when it's not your full time job. I've recently spoke with Tom and he has been crazy busy. He said he hasn't even open LW up in about 3 months. He's still very much wanting to do this and is going to give it his best shot. So I'll let you know in the next couple of weeks how things are going. ;)

Larry_g1s
12-12-2009, 04:19 PM
And yet... I am working on a project that would benefit GREATLY from a VERY good lighting tutorial - especially one from Exeption!Believe me, I want the training too. So I'm with you on this.

Do we at least have an ETA? E for estimated.I will find out more soon.

slabomeat23
12-15-2009, 08:45 PM
It is over 2gb zipped. Is download an issue for you? Thanks for inquiring.
Yea thats big alright. Can I break the download up into pieces and download them over a week?
thanks
T

Larry_g1s
12-15-2009, 08:50 PM
Yea thats big alright. Can I break the download up into pieces and download them over a week?
thanks
TYeah, I can separate them if it's an issue for you. Just specify in the notes of PayPal so I know you purchased it and that's what you need done. :thumbsup:

SteveH
12-16-2009, 06:58 AM
To the people who have bought Larry's training dvd - how is it on a scale of 1 to 10? One being I'd rather hit my eye repeatedly with a hammer and 10 being so awesome I'd buy another copy for my wife for Christmas. :D

npix
12-16-2009, 07:09 AM
To the people who have bought Larry's training dvd - how is it on a scale of 1 to 10? One being I'd rather hit my eye repeatedly with a hammer and 10 being so awesome I'd buy another copy for my wife for Christmas. :D

10, if you want to get to grips with the tools and work flow get it , a lot of effort has been put into it, can't wait for the texturing part to be released.

colkai
12-16-2009, 08:22 AM
Recommended, he's put a lot of effort in and it shows.

slabomeat23
02-06-2010, 07:51 AM
Any updates to this forum? Whats the progress on the other training?
- Tom Bosschaert Exception/Except Architecture
- James Melsom archijam

thanks
T.

jcsl
02-10-2010, 02:17 PM
Even though I got the training when it was released, I only managed to start playing with it recently. Definitely a 10 out of 10, great job!

Larry_g1s
02-10-2010, 03:19 PM
Even though I got the training when it was released, I only managed to start playing with it recently. Definitely a 10 out of 10, great job!Big thanks jcsl. :)

Exception
02-11-2010, 02:08 AM
Ok, just a little update from my side, thanks Larry for pointing me to this thread...

Basically my side of the tutorial was scheduled earlier last year. I had some time back then and was planning on doing it. Larry's experienced the hard way that making a good set of video tutorials takes longer than we expected, so the schedule moved on. I then moved into a period of extreme planning crazyness, with several large government jobs and several companies to run at the same time. Things got rather impossible.

I did plan in time for the workshop, and have made the lighting and texturing of the scene into something decent and well set up. I need to go back and redo it and record everything.

1st of March is the opening of our new offices and the Rotterdam Collective, which I have worked on for 5 years. After that opening things will get a lot lighter. I already planned in a weekend, but can't promise anything yet (and we never promised anything in the past).

Sorry to let you down.

OlaHaldor
02-11-2010, 03:49 AM
I totally understand the situation for you guys. 3D is more like the spice of what I mainly do, and the things I do takes time too.

For example, I've had a project hanging over me since september. A wedding for a couple of friends. The task to edit and produce a DVD for them has taken until now before I finally found some time to do it. "You can't rush art" they say.. Not that a wedding video is much art, but the stuff Exception and the others do IS art.

Take your time. Do what you gotta do to sort out how and when to get time to do the big leap into tutoring those silly, nagging 3D heads I am proud to say I'm part of.

Good luck with the opening! :)

Exception
02-11-2010, 05:01 AM
Well, just to show I'm not totally making this up, here's a preview render of the scene I built with 'one of' the chemical film looks.

As you can see, it's not done in terms of foliage and detail, but that's not really my focus.

Larry_g1s
02-11-2010, 09:54 AM
Ok, just a little update from my side, thanks Larry for pointing me to this thread...

Basically my side of the tutorial was scheduled earlier last year. I had some time back then and was planning on doing it. Larry's experienced the hard way that making a good set of video tutorials takes longer than we expected, so the schedule moved on. I then moved into a period of extreme planning crazyness, with several large government jobs and several companies to run at the same time. Things got rather impossible.

I did plan in time for the workshop, and have made the lighting and texturing of the scene into something decent and well set up. I need to go back and redo it and record everything.

1st of March is the opening of our new offices and the Rotterdam Collective, which I have worked on for 5 years. After that opening things will get a lot lighter. I already planned in a weekend, but can't promise anything yet (and we never promised anything in the past).

Sorry to let you down.Thanks for the update Tom. And yes, doing solid training took me much longer then I had ever expected.

jwiede
02-11-2010, 10:08 AM
Tom, that looks quite promising, and I too would be quite interested in the texturing and lighting continuation of the series.

I'm still working through Larry's stuff, but a series like this with consistent, "realistic" content throughout is worth the wait. I find it much easier to understand how aspects fit together when you've seen it all built from scratch, and the scope of this project is large enough to impose "real project" scaling issues, etc. as well, which is an added plus.

Larry, is there an email list or such we can sign up for to receive notification and status on the next volumes in the series? Are all current customers automatically on that list?

Thanks!

Larry_g1s
02-11-2010, 11:02 AM
Larry, is there an email list or such we can sign up for to receive notification and status on the next volumes in the series? Are all current customers automatically on that list?

Thanks!I'll post on this thread as well as all who shot me out an e-mail for my training.

HelioAraujo
02-17-2010, 08:44 AM
Howdy folks,

I'm looking forward for this training by Tom. But no hurries! So, Tom, take your time. By the quality of the renders in your site I figure that the training will be very good and will be a perfect companion to Larry's LWCAD training.

Regards,
Helio

npix
03-13-2010, 06:20 AM
Any news?

slabomeat23
03-13-2010, 12:46 PM
"any news?"

Bump

slabomeat23
04-18-2010, 03:34 PM
I guess this thread is DEAD. Too bad, the training from archijam & Exception sounded promising.

hrgiger
04-18-2010, 04:03 PM
Well, I'm in no rush. Now that I"m done with my presets for LWCAD, I told myself I was going to sit down and finally get through Larry's training. I'm almost done with part 1.

I'm already familiar with LWCAD but hoping to pick up some tips and pointers from Larry. But I'm really interested in the lighting, surfacing and rendering tutorials from Tom as these are not my stronger areas of experience.

OlaHaldor
04-20-2010, 01:49 AM
Great preset pack. Ordered and paid!

And I hope Tom will have some spare time soon to do his part of the tutorial project. :) Better late than never, right ?

colkai
04-20-2010, 02:47 AM
I told myself I was going to sit down and finally get through Larry's training. I'm almost done with part 1.

>>CHUCKLE<< I hear that only too well ;)
Like you, can't wait to see what Tom does, of course, knowing how he gets his results does not automatically give us his genius alas. :D

hrgiger
04-20-2010, 04:59 AM
>>CHUCKLE<< I hear that only too well ;)
Like you, can't wait to see what Tom does, of course, knowing how he gets his results does not automatically give us his genius alas. :D

No, I'm like Rogue from the X-men or Peter from Heroes. I absorb others powers.

colkai
04-20-2010, 07:00 AM
Me, I'm more like comic book guy. :p

MacDoggie
04-21-2010, 08:24 AM
Great preset pack. Ordered and paid!

And I hope Tom will have some spare time soon to do his part of the tutorial project. :) Better late than never, right ?

Yeah, that looks really cool Modo has a similar approach as far as presets goes which is a great concept. Glad to see this idea spreading :thumbsup::thumbsup: The selling of commercial packages of presets takes it to the next level. Good concepts are just that, good concepts

slabomeat23
07-17-2010, 12:22 PM
I guess this thread is DEAD. Too bad, the training from archijam & Exception sounded promising.
This thread may not be dead but the idea of training from Tom Bosschaert & James Melsom must be. Thats a shame, I was looking forward to it.

OlaHaldor
07-17-2010, 03:57 PM
Don't give up! :) Others have failed in delivering too, no matter what business we're talking about. And just as often, they've delivered - at a later time - but they have delivered.

Hieron
07-18-2010, 10:28 AM
So was I - VERY much so. But it seems that Larry was the only one who could pull it off and deliver what he promised. Quite sad. :(

Cut them some slack. Did they truly *promise* anything? Wasn't it merely stated what they would try to accomplish and find time for. Their current jobs/companies are probably very busy and demanding.

erikals
07-18-2010, 06:57 PM
maybe someone will do it for free... (no, not me... my list is full at the momento)

Hieron
07-19-2010, 06:48 AM
Saying you are going to do something and then not deliver is a promise broken.

Ow come on.. :)

And yet they find time to to do modeling challenges and other things here when Exception (Tom) said he had to re-record things back in March?

Tom hardly posted here in mooonths. Maybe a handfull of times that probably took him a fraction of what it would take to make the video.

He did a lighting/shading challenge. Which actually in a way is a great thing to do to train those exact skills he was thinking about making a video off. Check that thread again. There was some nice response, and then it just died. Not much interest I guess either. Or people really only want the "solution" handed to them on a plate. Silver please.

No, this is just not having enough interest in the tutorial project and figuring they will get it done whenever they decide to find time. Two months from now it will be one year since Larry was completed and his tutorial went on sale. By the time the remaining tutorials are complete we'll have Lightwave11.

Too much slack has already been cut.

You are joking right?
I'm quite sure he is up to his neck in work and makes a ton doing so or at least works his bum off to keep it afloat. If he needs 20 years to finish that video it is his own choice.

Yes, sadly the video isn't there yet, and didn't magically make us all into insane uber arch viz heros. So I guess we'll have to do it ourselves. big deal. He contributed enough with his great and free tutorials to not get some bad rep for something he can't find to time to finish yet.

You know, not everyone is in the big econ crisis.

Riff_Masteroff
07-19-2010, 12:19 PM
In my opinion the tool explanations provided on Viktor's site are comprehensive. Isn't it possible to simply start using LWCAD and figure things out for one's self? Better workflows result from self pecking around with the provided tools.

npix
08-04-2010, 02:07 PM
Bit of a cliff-hanger this one eh?