PDA

View Full Version : BlenderPocket (Blender for Mobile Phones)

jay3d
03-14-2009, 01:38 AM
http://russose.free.fr/BlenderPocket/ :hey:

simply WOW!

DiedonD
03-14-2009, 01:43 AM
Oh great... If having a free 3D app, that keeps on becoming better and better, to the point of making the issue of paying for an 3D app sound silly! And were mostly just are unwilling to learn it!

Now they are offering it on mobile phones aswell now! Just so you dont have not one slight chance of forgetting that there is such a good free 3D app out there!

cresshead
03-14-2009, 04:40 AM
maybe an iphone app or on nintendo ds soon also!:thumbsup:

once the sdk is out i'd like to see lightwave core nano on nintendo ds:D

Matt
03-14-2009, 10:05 AM
What's the point?

*Pete*
03-14-2009, 10:14 AM
im downloading it...will be fun to play with it while in the subway or at work.

cresshead
03-14-2009, 10:18 AM
What's the point?

to get 3d creation 'everywhere' be it on netbooks, phones or hand held consoles.

telephones do much more than simply make calls thesedays as you may have already noticed...

look at the iphone app store>
look at the NON game apps already avilable for the nintendo DS>

will you be able to make a feature film on it?...maybe not but you could sketch out ideas on a hand held 3d app much as you can sketch out music riffs on the nintendo DS 10 synth and then transfer those ideas to a laptop/workstation.

or as you can already sketch out a picture using 'colors' on either nintendo DS or the iphone...

or perhaps make a 2d animation already using animatee on the nintendo DS...and soon on the inbuilt 2d animation app shipping with the new nintendo DSi due for release start of april.

the abilaity to be creative 'anywhere' is worth looking at...people are already doing it.

JeffrySG
03-14-2009, 10:19 AM
I think it's cool... There is a little 3d app on the iphone but it's not very useful. But fun to play with for a few min.

cresshead
03-14-2009, 10:24 AM
imagine a portable 'nano' version of zbrush or 3dcoat...sculpt out some base characters on a nintendo DS or iphone/ipodtouch...i'd buy a nano zbrush today for $99 on nintendo ds with stylus/touch screen support to sculpt using zsphere's and upto say 150,000 zbrush polys...

to be able to do 3d anywhere would be fun...

Titus
03-14-2009, 11:37 AM
What's the point?

They ported Blender for PDA long time ago (like 8-10 years ago) to show portability, not usability. I think the actual point is to port games to portable devices.

I found the original link, its from 2002:

http://download.blender.org/documentation/oldsite/oldsite.blender3d.org/245_Blender%20news%20EXTREME%20BLENDERING.html

Philbert
03-16-2009, 09:30 AM
I would love to see an iPhone version. Currently we've only got iTracer which doesn't look nearly as nice:
http://architosh.com/2008/09/3d-cad-comes-to-the-iphone-with-new-itracer/

doimus
03-17-2009, 04:46 PM
What's the point?

The point is in the polygon. On the phone. In the pocket. Weird times.

edit: Imagine the situation... You're at the dentist, waiting for your turn at THE chair. Scared and alone.
But suddenly, you bring out your cell phone and start to model - instant calm down.
Even better than mobile Tetris which usually puts me in a gaming-frenzy mood and at risk of being run over or something.