PDA

View Full Version : How to join the CORE if I am in Europe?

taleequale
03-13-2009, 10:42 AM
I tried to join the Lightwave CORE but the shipping address in the shopping cart doesn't give the possibility to choose Italy.. for example

can anyone tell me how to do..

please..

spigolo
03-13-2009, 11:13 AM
I have exactly the same problem..

I entered in the procedure put my login data as I'm a registered customer, the system finds my datas, then i do all the procedure but when i try to specify my country in the shipping address i can only choose between Unites states, Canada, etc. etc. but no European countries and expecially italy in my case..
I have called Newtek and they sent me back to newtek europe but since now they can't fix the problem..

How have the other european user ordered the Core ?

taleequale
03-13-2009, 11:29 AM
Maybe they have just choosen United States as country..

cresshead
03-13-2009, 01:10 PM
just use any country as the core app will be downloaded not shipped via the postal service...

taleequale
03-13-2009, 02:09 PM
just use any country as the core app will be downloaded not shipped via the postal service...

Can I?

is it possible to have an official answer..

rustythe1
03-13-2009, 02:19 PM
but you do get shipped the t shirt and other goodies so you will need a shipping address

cresshead
03-13-2009, 02:32 PM
yeah no one has a tee shirt yet...

you can sign up then sort out the shipping address and size etc of the tee shirt once one is actually available.

Lewis
03-13-2009, 02:41 PM
I chose Croatia pretty fine few days ago. are you sure you chose Europe from that Input field ? By default it's set to America so yo have only USA states and Canada.

archijam
03-13-2009, 03:07 PM
Isn't "the virgin islands" what the states calls italy .. ?

Indeed it's strange- I didn't realise there were NO european countries listed, I thought you meant that just italy was missing.

spigolo
03-13-2009, 03:43 PM
no way to choose europe..,no european countries..so no italy..
I alert newtek europe about this problem, they promised me to call me back but since now no news from them..
I hope newtek people are watching this forum..

we want to join core!!! pleaseeee...

Lewis
03-13-2009, 03:52 PM
Then they broke something on register/buy page 'coz like i said it worked few days ago.

C'mon NT fix this FAST, more people want's to give you money and they can't :).

littlewaves
03-14-2009, 06:15 AM
yeah no one has a tee shirt yet...

I heard the t-shirt still has a ton of bugs and really they've only just started to design it but the marketing dept. got over excited and announced it too soon

Also there's no guarantee that it will work with your current jeans.

OlaHaldor
03-14-2009, 07:26 AM
Will the t-shirt work with my jeans if I upgrade its firmware? :o

To stay on topic - I don't really know if I'm interested in Core any more.. I haven't heard any of those AMAZING news they were gonna publish since the fiasco live stream announcement. I don't wanna put a bunch of money in something I don't really know what is.

stib
03-14-2009, 07:28 AM
Not just Europe, Australia too. I'm not going to put my money down if I find out later that my license isn't valid here, or that they won't ship manuals or hard copies to me if I need them later.

Please respond Newtek - I'd got as far as pressing the Buy Now button, and then this.

spigolo
03-14-2009, 08:06 AM
I heard the t-shirt still has a ton of bugs and really they've only just started to design it but the marketing dept. got over excited and announced it too soon

Also there's no guarantee that it will work with your current jeans.

do you know if the T-shirt is 8bit or full 24 bit?

apart from joking I hope Newtek will fix this soon..maybe we have to open a new tread like."WHY LIGTWAVE CORE PURCHASING SYSTEM DOESEN'T WORK WITH EUROPEAN COUNTRIES???
Maybe Chuck will notice that..

archijam
03-14-2009, 08:12 AM
I guess we have to wait till Monday in any case...

Mangoat
03-14-2009, 11:47 AM
Put me in the "I-want-to-buy-Core-But-I-can't" camp too. (UK Resident)

Markc
03-15-2009, 06:23 AM
I also have the 'can't purchase Core' problem.
If I log into registration it asks for my user name and password.
If I then click the Core banner to buy it and add it to my cart, it then asks me for an email and password (which isn't recognized) even though it's the same email in my registered profile?

slacer
03-15-2009, 06:39 AM
Hello,

it is really easy to get CORE even in Europe.
If the shop is not working for you, like it wasn't for my competitive upgrade from Cinema4D to LightWave, just go to their European Website:

http://www.newtek-europe.com/uk/index.asp

Click the "Contact" link and call their phone number (if you speak french language)
or
Click the "Buy now" link and leave your phone number there.

Don't forget to select your country from the drop down list, in order to make sure you will be contacted by someone who speaks your language.

While I did not receive my membership ID, I have full access to the HardCORE forum. Things are currently a bit slow at NewTek between Europe and US. But finally it works.

-- slacer

Markc
03-15-2009, 06:41 AM
Cheers Slacer, I will give that a go. :thumbsup:

stib
03-15-2009, 07:48 AM
I can't see any mention of Core on that website, and predicatbly enough, Australia isn't mentioned in the list of countries.

I guess I could just choose Austria. Close enough..

3DGFXStudios
03-15-2009, 10:46 AM
I also have the 'can't purchase Core' problem. Don't the want us to purchase Core or what? I hope they fix in before the end of the month!

3DGFXStudios
03-15-2009, 11:05 AM
no news

Jim Plant
03-17-2009, 09:14 AM
I've posted a response in the other thread:

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96410

Jim Plant
President & CEO
NewTek, Inc