PDA

View Full Version : Nodes: Bricks color variation?

TSpyrison
03-13-2009, 09:57 AM
Iím doing the brick wall thing, and have somewhat figured out how to make imperfections along the lines of the bricks..

But am having trouble figuring out how to get some color variation on the actual brick color. (per brick)

Can someone clue me in?

Tobian
03-13-2009, 10:54 AM
Dponts blocks texture is pretty coo, especially the nodal variety http://pagesperso-orange.fr/dpont/plugins/Textures.htm

Here's an example I was showing a forum user on Spinquad on how you could use it to place 'stone' but equally you could do the same with a brick-like terracotta surface, or for distance shots, just colourise it :)

othornton
03-13-2009, 12:34 PM
It's not free, but IFW's nodal collection includes tools that allows you to apply a color, scale, or position shift with variation across each brick. It's pretty handy.

UnCommonGrafx
03-13-2009, 12:45 PM
IfW is the Best at this. It has a "vary color", "vary alpha", "vary other" types of nodes that allow you to do just this.
Did a wood fence this week and wanted to vary the color of each plank. Put IFW to use and I was done before a sweat was broken.

Tobian
03-13-2009, 02:04 PM
Yeah the IFW one looks a lot more flexible, but that's free, so take your pick :D

UnCommonGrafx
03-13-2009, 03:23 PM
Tobian,
As a thought, I think your node is a beautiful network. Do you have IFW? If not, I really suggest a purchase for you.
The slats in the fence are Vector cloned and one surface.
My back yard.