PDA

View Full Version : Alpha Channels

Perch
03-13-2009, 09:22 AM
I have had VT 4.6 not recognize alpha channels anymore on certain .avi files. I am able to render .avi files with alpha channels in AE and have them recognized just fine, but files that I had rendered last year using Digital Juice's Juicer no longer will key in VT. I opened a project from last month to change out a graphic, and the DJ swipe I had used no longer keyed - none of my swipes/revealers now key. WTF? I don't understand why these all of a sudden stopped working. But other Uncompressed avi with alpha still work just fine. Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas on what the problem is?
Thanks. TC

Rich Deustachio
03-13-2009, 07:06 PM
I had the same problem and sent NewTek one of the files I had the problem with.

Even using the new Digital Juice Juicer software it still does the same thing.

I am running VT5.2b not 4.6 but had the same problem as you.

ScorpioProd
03-13-2009, 08:12 PM
If there is a change from VT[4.6] to VT[5.2] involved, those two versions handle QuickTime files quite differently.

Rich Deustachio
03-14-2009, 10:35 AM
I had my problem using the avi files that Juicer made. The QT files worked ok.

NewTek....any word on what is causing this? I did send in the file so NewTek could analyze it.

Perch
03-16-2009, 08:09 AM
Nice. Well, I guess it's comforting to know that it's not an isolated problem. I've experienced this same problem with CS4 files from AE when I leave the checkboxes marked for saving project info and... I can't remember the other one. But, as far as I know, Juicer doesn't do that. It's just wierd that they worked one month, then don't the next. And now they really don't.
Who, or how, can I send a file to at Newtek to analyze?

And I wasn't using QT files - at all. I'm using VT4.6.

Rich Deustachio
03-16-2009, 10:37 PM
Call tech support and explain your problem and ask them to give you an FTP address to upload a file to them.

Perch
03-17-2009, 01:29 PM
I spoke with tech support. Sounds as if I just need to figure out what program is causing the uncompressed avi files to be treated differently in VT. Which I cannot figure out why one uncompressed avi would be treated any different than another, but I guess they can be. Both were rendered selecting no compression. The tech kept asking about the codec used - no compression didn't seem to be a good answer. Suggested I uninstall programs until it works again. I think VT will be first...
TC

SBowie
03-17-2009, 02:17 PM
I spoke with tech support. Sounds as if I just need to figure out what program is causing the uncompressed avi files to be treated differently in VT. Which I cannot figure out why one uncompressed avi would be treated any different than another, but I guess they can be. Both were rendered selecting no compression. The tech kept asking about the codec used - no compression didn't seem to be a good answer. Suggested I uninstall programs until it works again. I think VT will be first...
TCI'd like to see one of these funky files - PM me if you want to arrange this, thanks.

Perch
03-18-2009, 09:08 AM
Thanks Steve - I sent you a PM with a link to files. Hopefully you can see something. TC