PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Audio clips?

Ryan Roye
03-12-2009, 08:26 PM
I have been working with this for hours...

Is is possible to take *MULTIPLE* audio clips and import them into lightwave?

From what I can see so far, the program only allows for use of a single .wav file, and it's near impossible to sync without my animation frames to go off of. Can't I just set a keyframe and assign an audio file to it like I can in Flash? I normally work with many audio clip segments, and put them in as needed for my videos for all my other programs.

I have found nothing of use in the graph editor, and in the scene editor my only options (that I can see) are Play audio, Load audio, and audio start time. Is this a limitation or is there a way to accomplish what I want?

JamesCurtis
03-12-2009, 10:54 PM
Unfortunately you CAN only use 1 audio file at a time. I have on occasion edited [in an audio editor] several audio clip files into 1 file. Also, its best if you can have silence in areas where a character doesn't speak [I use Daz3D's MimicToLWPro to create audio morph lipsync].

walfridson
03-13-2009, 01:03 AM
If you want it inside Lightwave you have to go with soundwave (http://soundwave.walen.se)

Ryan Roye
03-13-2009, 07:30 AM
kinda bites that this isn't a native function, but that plugin looks like what I need.

I think i'll just write my own software to work around the problem for now :\ I can setup a program that alternates between 2 wav files, in essence it'll be like a toggle, so I can keep updating it as I add sound via a second program (Audacity)