PDA

View Full Version : Would anyone here actaully buy Michael Jackson tickets?

shrox
03-12-2009, 07:45 AM
"Thriller" was cool, and "Bad" was great. But now? No way! Who then does buy these tickets? I hope they get the mental health treatments they need...

art
03-12-2009, 07:50 AM
I'm sure he still has some fan base and some will go to see him for the heck of it. I would not. Is he still capable of singing?

colkai
03-12-2009, 07:54 AM
Not in this lifetime, or any other.

Matt
03-12-2009, 07:58 AM
I find myself torn, I love his music (Thriller was the first album I ever bought) but I can't divorce myself from the fact he's clearly nuts, and the child molestation charges (despite being found innocent) have tainted him forever in my eyes.

Shame really, if he'd just left his face alone and lived a "normal" life (as much as he could possibly have done being as famous as he is) he would be still loved by the world.

Now he's damaged goods, and only fanboys (and girls) see past it all with their tinted glasses.

cresshead
03-12-2009, 08:10 AM
he's incredibly talented, quite wacky...but whatever....

i saw him in london on the bad tour..was a brilliant gig...the best gig i've seen to date from anyone.

would i go see him now?....probably not
would i buy his next album>...maybe

who's on my radar thesedays....>> imogen heap...she's also abit nutty..but she's also very nice and a really talented lady.

biliousfrog
03-12-2009, 08:17 AM
He was only ever as good as his songwriters, choreographers and his management...he's managed to screw things up so bad that even the very best songwriters, choreographers and management couldn't stop me from seeing him as a 50yr old freak that shouldn't be allowed to look after his own kids, let alone anyone else's.

...no I won't be attending

shrox
03-12-2009, 08:19 AM
He was only ever as good as his songwriters, choreographers and his management...he's managed to screw things up so bad that even the very best songwriters, choreographers and management couldn't stop me from seeing him as a 50yr old freak that shouldn't be allowed to look after his own kids, let alone anyone else's.

So, you're saying you'll buy tickets and take me too?

OnlineRender
03-12-2009, 08:26 AM
I would moon walk to the ticket office , OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

BEST BAND IVE SEEN LIVE : PINK FLOYD ---------wasted !

evenflcw
03-12-2009, 09:51 AM

Yah, point him out to be a product of other people and a non-talent when you (should) know otherwise. There's the respect you get for a lives work because you turned into a freak doing it. Disrespect him for whatever else he's done, but don't devalue his work and contribution to music.

http://www.songwritershalloffame.org/songs/C116

Don't look to the left... :)

shrox
03-12-2009, 09:59 AM
A-B-C. simple as 1-2-3...oh baby you and me!

adamredwoods
03-12-2009, 11:13 AM
People still go to freak shows...

cresshead
03-12-2009, 11:19 AM

i'm just delighted we're not all the same.. a planet full of 'clones' [[to be on topic with lightwave core 'instances']] just breeds the mediocre and so we never get more then we ever were...

Rod Seffen
03-12-2009, 11:37 AM
I find myself torn, I love his music (Thriller was the first album I ever bought) but I can't divorce myself from the fact he's clearly nuts, and the child molestation charges (despite being found innocent) have tainted him forever in my eyes.

Now he's damaged goods, and only fanboys (and girls) see past it all with their tinted glasses.

So you're one of these guys who subscribe to the 'no smoke without fire' brand of justice then. Anyone who's been accused of anything is guilty whether actually convicted by evidence or not.

OnlineRender
03-12-2009, 11:44 AM
THriller Mario paint youtube video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gc-1Dq3uQQ&feature=related

Matt
03-12-2009, 12:30 PM
So you're one of these guys who subscribe to the 'no smoke without fire' brand of justice then. Anyone who's been accused of anything is guilty whether actually convicted by evidence or not.

Well, on this particular occasion, sort of. I not entirely convinced he buggered the lot of them, but I can imagine there was some odd behaviour going on, behaviour that was inappropriate for a child / adult relationship, although part of me also thinks his behaviour could have been entirely innocent, but was viewed inappropriate by others who have not lived in a wonderland bubble all their lives, so they just didn't understand it.

And besides, where did I say he was guilty? I said the whole affair had "tainted" my opinion, as in, we will never know for sure, but once someone has been accused of child molestation, it's extremely difficult to ignore it completely, things are never quite the same.

geothefaust
03-12-2009, 12:32 PM
THriller Mario paint youtube video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gc-1Dq3uQQ&feature=related

Ah Mario Paint... Those were the days. :)

IMI
03-12-2009, 12:42 PM
Not in this lifetime, or any other.

I was gonna type up a detailed reply, but colkai summed it up nicely and I can simply use his quote to fully express how I feel about it. It's just so far-reaching, so...infinite.
I've been reading allot about string theory and related subject matter these days, so I might have included "or in any other dimension" as well.

IMI
03-12-2009, 12:47 PM
... I said the whole affair had "tainted" my opinion...

I can honestly say my opinion of MJ was "tainted" long before he ever weirded out.
Of course, I've never been much of a fan of pop music anyway.

Let's see... when MJ came out into the big bigtime I was listening to Pink Floyd mostly.... nope, try as I may, I really can't even *imagine* them being even remotely comparable...

digitalrelm
03-12-2009, 12:50 PM
I would buy tickets if I could. When I was a kid I was a huge fan like everyone and i have most of his music. MJ is the number one seller artist ever. The one thing about is do you remember his trial. Everyone said he was guilty and no one liked him but now he is doing a concert everyone loves him and wants tickets.

Personal I think it is not my place to judge him, I mean I don't know the guy who knows what happened. At the end of the day he is a phenomenal showman, I just hope that this attempt to restart him career works because if it dose not that will be it for him it think.

IMI
03-12-2009, 12:52 PM
MJ is the number one seller artist ever.

Well, to put that into perspective, pet rocks sold really well too.

digitalrelm
03-12-2009, 12:55 PM
Yep, I have all way seen it as he has had his day in the sun and that is that.

OnlineRender
03-12-2009, 01:02 PM
Oprea Winfrey , biggest chat show host
Barak Obama , First black president
Tiger Woods , greatest golfer

bet you MJ pissed now

hrgiger
03-12-2009, 02:36 PM
I have some MJ stuff on my computer. Despite the fact that he's a total whacked out weirdo, the guys got talent. I dont' know that I'd go see a concert by him but I still like some of his songs.

Philbert
03-12-2009, 04:52 PM
He was fantastic for sure, I was just watching the extended Smooth Criminal (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex30DYwQlHU) video not long ago and reading about how the "45 degree lean" is supposedly done.

I don't know that I would buy tickets now though. His checkered past aside I don't even know if he has talent any more, I haven't heard him sing anything new in like 10 years maybe he lost his awesome dancing ability. 10-ish years is a long time.

biliousfrog
03-13-2009, 03:12 AM

My problem with him and kids is more to do with his own, although I can't help feeling that his actions towards other kids weren't completely innocent.

I don't think that anyone who hangs their child from a balcony by it's leg or makes their kids wear veils and hides them from the world should be responsible for their welfare. If he was a regular guy living on a housing estate somewhere his kids would be taken from him.

:stumped:....hey, when did they let you back in? I hope that you got a grovelling email :D

DiedonD
03-13-2009, 05:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d99bcQaH6ts

That one is one of his bests by me

Rod Seffen
03-13-2009, 06:10 AM
My problem with him and kids is more to do with his own, although I can't help feeling that his actions towards other kids weren't completely innocent.

I don't think that anyone who hangs their child from a balcony by it's leg or makes their kids wear veils and hides them from the world should be responsible for their welfare. If he was a regular guy living on a housing estate somewhere his kids would be taken from him.

Hmm, I'd say mutilating the genitals of your baby as most jews do is worst than Jackson's 'balcony' incident, in which no child was actually harmed, but you don't think Jews shouldn't be allowed near children, not to mention the many other cultures which do the same to girls genitals.
It seems that as long as something has a weak excuse along the lines of 'religious tradition', it's fine, so if dangling babies from high places for 5 minutes every Sunday was part of the ritual of some religion it would be accepted without question.

Philbert
03-13-2009, 07:16 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d99bcQaH6ts

That one is one of his bests by me

Is that Macaulay Culkin at 2:47?

Titus
03-13-2009, 09:04 AM
He was fantastic for sure, I was just watching the extended Smooth Criminal (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex30DYwQlHU) video not long ago and reading about how the "45 degree lean" is supposedly done.

I don't know that I would buy tickets now though. His checkered past aside I don't even know if he has talent any more, I haven't heard him sing anything new in like 10 years maybe he lost his awesome dancing ability. 10-ish years is a long time.

MJ jump the shark, add now he's 50. His team has always been good at marketing and I'm pretty sure all these 20 somethig concerts in UK are part of the master plan.

Sekhar
03-13-2009, 09:30 AM
Well, I guess he didn't need our help - tickets sold out in 4 hours, and they're adding 5 more concerts.

shrox
03-13-2009, 09:30 AM
MJ jumped the shark,...

Excellent "Happy Days" reference!

Philbert
03-13-2009, 10:15 AM
Age doesn't necessarily mean much, Madonna turns 51 in August and I think she's still rockin' pretty well.

Titus
03-13-2009, 10:19 AM
Age doesn't necessarily mean much, Madonna turns 51 in August and I think she's still rockin' pretty well.

But Madonna hasn't treated her body as a a plasticine figure.

Sekhar
03-13-2009, 10:31 AM
Hmm...

Is that you, *the* "Rod Seffen?" So nice to see you back, welcome!

Kuzey
03-13-2009, 05:17 PM
What...no one managed to get tickets :twak::twak:

I seen him twice, on both the Bad and History tours back in Melbourne. The first one was fantastic, I could have caught his hat that he throws as part of the Billie Jean song...if only I was 15 rows closer to the stage...damn :D

Kuzey

Silkrooster
03-13-2009, 06:00 PM
Hmm, I'd say mutilating the genitals of your baby as most jews do is worst than Jackson's 'balcony' incident, in which no child was actually harmed, but you don't think Jews shouldn't be allowed near children, not to mention the many other cultures which do the same to girls genitals.
It seems that as long as something has a weak excuse along the lines of 'religious tradition', it's fine, so if dangling babies from high places for 5 minutes every Sunday was part of the ritual of some religion it would be accepted without question.

There is a huge difference. Circumcision may be painful and to some cruelty, but it does not put the baby's life into jeopardy like hanging a baby from a window does.
As for me I am not into that kind of music, so I wouldn't get any tickets no matter what.
As to what he was accused of, I am not totally convinced he is guilty. Sure i think it is possible, the circumstantial evidence is pointing that way. But I also know how easy it is for someone to accuse someone in his position just to get some money. If I am not mistaken one of the accusers was paid off. The problem lays with did the accuser get paid off to stay quiet because its true or did the accusee have to pay just because he is rich and famous and there was no truth to it at all.
Thats where the doubt lays. In a way I feel sorry for him. Not because of this issue but how he has disfigured him self over the years to try and not remember his own father. Maybe the question should be what did his father do to him to make him this mentally disturbed.
The thing is none of us know him personally so it is very hard to really judge him and his character. How much of what he does was created by his publicity agent trying to keep him in the news. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if all of it was nothing more than a stunt.

bobakabob
03-13-2009, 07:08 PM

Has anyone noticed the uncanny resemblance between Madonna, 80s material girl and Iggy Pop, 70s Punk rock godfather? Are they by any chance related? I think we should be told.

Iggy Pop:

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/06_03/MadonnaDM2606_468x737.jpg

Madonna:

http://julieluongo.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/iggypop.jpg

jin choung
03-13-2009, 07:12 PM
I find myself torn, I love his music (Thriller was the first album I ever bought)....

geez, we really ARE the same age! that's the first album i bought as well lol!

jin

mosconariz
03-13-2009, 08:54 PM
Would anyone here actaully buy Michael Jackson tickets?

Maybe if I was a gay little kid...

But I'm not

Titus
03-13-2009, 10:45 PM
geez, we really ARE the same age! that's the first album i bought as well lol!

jin

Time for confessions, my first album also.

DiedonD
03-14-2009, 01:15 AM
Is that Macaulay Culkin at 2:47?

Yeah :) The Home Alone 1 and 2 main actor

In the original, pre song of that Black or White song, he has also a small role before the song starts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVoJ6OO6lR4

What happened with him? Never saw him in any other movies! Hope he didnt went for the cliche of turning into drugs, cause couldnt stand the downfall from the starts ordeal!

BTW - That michael Jacksons Black Pume dance, I never udnerstood nor liked! It was like the uggly part of this otherwise beutiful song, IMHO

IMI
03-14-2009, 02:49 AM
Has anyone noticed the uncanny resemblance between Madonna, 80s material girl and Iggy Pop, 70s Punk rock godfather? Are they by any chance related? I think we should be told.

Oh that's hilarious. :lol:

prometheus
03-14-2009, 03:11 AM
Havenīt seen jackson when He was over here at concerts, and I wouldnīt
see him if he came here..He has some great pop songs thou no doubt about that.

Same goes for Madonna..these two just donīt vibrate in the same style as my senses goes.

U2 had a lovely concert in gothenburg that was magic, Peter Gabriel..(My biggest music idol)was lovely in the sthlm globe,

Daniel Lanois..absolutly wonderful in sthlm circus..Kate Bush..well she doesnīt give concerts very much sadly, otherwise sheīs the no 1 top female singer of all time for me..so artistic so beutieful.

Brian Eno and Mike Oldfield are other fancy artists for me.

I donīt know, but most of the music artists are mostly originating from
Great brittain, ireland..something in their music culture that vibrates close to my feelings.

Michael

biliousfrog
03-14-2009, 03:47 AM

I'm glad I'm not the only one, she looks like a plucked chicken in a leotard...and dances like one too.

Shaun
03-14-2009, 04:15 AM

:agree:
LOL! We had the same chat about this at the local YMCA, most of us think he's a pedo that got away with it because of his money. Some day he'll be judged. Maybe some other nutter will shoot him or he gets caught next time??
But no, I won't see him, if I did it would be to throw eggs. :thumbsdow Sorry if that offends, but I really don't like the guy.

This said, the music is really good so I can understand people wanting to see him live for the last time.

No Slayer's my kind of music anyway, saw them last year! Now I'm death er deaf! LOL.

erikals
03-14-2009, 05:26 AM
i might go,.. his last performance with jackson 5 was incredibly cool,... whish i could have seen it.

on a sidenote, i think Jacksson seems more down to earth these days,...
maybe the punshing helped....

seriously thinking about attending the London concert,...

Cageman
03-14-2009, 06:42 AM
He is a very talanted artist, for sure, and I bet there are ALOT of people who would like to see him live.

Just look at Iron Maiden... I mean... their new albums aren't that great, but they are really, really good live when they play those old songs and that is totaly worth seeing. I imagine that a Jackson concert today would include alot of old hits, and that may very well be worth seeing for those who like his music.

Anyhow, Jackson is far, far away from my taste of music so I would never pay to see him live.

:)

jaxtone
03-15-2009, 07:51 AM
Iīll buy him a one way ticket to the nut house!

erikals
03-15-2009, 02:33 PM
been there done that,...

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1077/1243432773_5f27dbb956.jpg

*Pete*
03-16-2009, 12:26 AM
I do not judge peoples talent by their personality or backround.

MJ is incredibly talented, i like the feel in his songs even if i do not like his music, if it makes sence.
its like watching a great polyflow but still dislike the subject of the modell.

Same goes for many others, including Elvis...i never really liked him or his music, but still i am able to see/hear the genius in his songs.

weird perhaps, but then again...i never been the type of a person who is a "fan" of any artist...some songs i like, some i do not, sometimes i like the singers, sometimes i do not.

that said...MJ is a sad, sad story and i feel sorry for him.
he could have had a happy life, but he tried too hard and failed becouse of it.

steamthunk
03-17-2009, 09:22 AM
its like watching a great polyflow but still dislike the subject of the modell.

:D There's just something incredibly geeky about this statement in the context of this discussion.

I'm always interested/amazed at how much international acclaim he gets when he's pretty much poison in the U.S./Canada (at least people I know in the mid-30s bracket). He's really been involved in just too many bizarre incidents for anyone to brush off as normal artist/hollywood/star oddness. I liked the guy growing up. Eventually his music went a direction I didn't care for. However, somewhere around the time (early 1990s?) when he booked a primetime U.S. television slot to explain his "skin condition" was when I was like, "Really?" I feel bad for the guy, but he does it to himself.

shrox
03-17-2009, 09:37 AM
...Anyhow, Jackson is far, far away from my taste of music so I would never pay to see him live.

:)

I wouldn't pay to see him dead either. Wait, wasn't he dead in the "Thriller" video?

erikals
03-17-2009, 09:52 AM
steamthunk, he actually has a skincondition, plenty of info on it. just how bad it is though i cannot say,...

but here's what's strange,... no one Ever, talks about Prince and his white skin,...
yeah, this is Prince allright ;)
http://991.com/newgallery/Prince-For-You-64509.jpg

i guess all superstars have a B-side...

prometheus
03-17-2009, 10:27 AM
Michael Jackson is the worlds media dream, if itīs all michaels doing or and a media hype to sell newspapers..who nows?

And what about the status of the American justice system, how the heck could he walk free after so many allegations? if thereīs something serious wrong with MJ and he still walks free, Then thereīs something seriously wrong with the justice system because of incompetens or letting a famous star walk away because he can pay his way out.

Innocent until proven Irish..or what do they say now?

whacky or not..It might be of amusement to world to have a freak show, it always has been, skin problems?I donīt really care, black or white.
He hasnīt been convicted guilty as far as I now and I leave it at that.

Mj and me seem to share a nose problem I had mine operated three times since my nose brosk is formed as an s and clogs my breathing, itīs still not good having problems breathing at nights..but I think it looks good anyway:)

Michael

mikala
03-17-2009, 10:35 AM
Can't stand the sound of him. So I guess the answer is no.

MacDoggie
03-17-2009, 12:06 PM
But Madonna hasn't treated her body as a a plasticine figure.

Don't be so certain of that....

I liked Michael Jackson better when he was black.... The guys' does have talent it is too bad that he just ... well ... yeah ok.... No, I don't reckon I would purchase Michael Jackson tickets...:stop::thumbsdow:stop:

Cheers

Sande
03-17-2009, 12:31 PM
Time for confessions, my first album also.

My first album was Motörhead's Iron Fist - but I'd still go and see MJ's concert if I had a chance.

:alien: We seem to even have MJ-smiley [email protected]'s board...

erikals
03-17-2009, 01:57 PM
they should add this one,...

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15/15_1_120.gif

Jim_C
03-17-2009, 02:42 PM
If he was playing close by, tickets were cheap, and I got good seats.. Sure I would go check it out.

I bet it would be one heck of a production.