PDA

View Full Version : ChipZilla, AMD and Communism...

Soth
03-11-2009, 01:44 PM
You probably all aware about EU Commission fight against Intel accusing company of unfair business practices... well it goes on:
Intel guilty of bullying AMD (http://www.atomicmpc.com.au/News/139521,intel-guilty-of-bullying-amd.aspx)

Well I am nowhere close to fight with anti global market activists on G8 meetings, but I do believe that big companies from time to time need some reality check.

I have 2 Intel machines and one AMD at home, AMD one is just slightly slower but was cheaper even that I went for Dell instead of self build as usual... is Intel another evil company that I will never buy from, I think it is!

:lwicon:

AdamAvenali
03-11-2009, 01:49 PM
Autodesk will eventually buy Intel, AMD and probably Kleenex as well, so in a couple of years it will make no difference :)

cresshead
03-11-2009, 01:52 PM
Autodesk will eventually buy Intel, AMD and probably Kleenex as well, so in a couple of years it will make no difference :)

intel are much larger company than the minnow of Auotdesk

that's like saying Maxon is going to buy Microsoft

Soth
03-11-2009, 01:53 PM
And Autodesk besides buying everything is doing not so well.. anyway you missing my point... :)

AdamAvenali
03-11-2009, 01:54 PM
intel are much larger company than the minnow of Auotdesk

exactly. that is what they want you to think :) yeah, sorry to go off-topic there haha

edit: okay, so i read the article, and yeah, that sucks. i'm sure things like this happen all too often, but what do they mean about the rebate thing? are they allowing intel to give rebates on their products, but not AMD?

Soth
03-17-2009, 11:13 PM
http://media.bestofmicro.com/N/R/174519/original/image025.png

Not only cheaper but unlocked (easier to overclock) and FASTER..... my next PC will be AMD. :D

Full test here:
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/overclock-phenom-ii,review-31487.html

geothefaust
03-18-2009, 12:31 AM
Because of price still being an issue, and generally I'm not a render guy anyway... I usually go with AMD. But overall, now that their Phenom II chips are pretty swank AND still cheap... Yeah, I think I'll keep rolling with AMD. :)

warmiak
03-18-2009, 12:38 AM
I have 2 Intel machines and one AMD at home, AMD one is just slightly slower but was cheaper even that I went for Dell instead of self build as usual... is Intel another evil company that I will never buy from, I think it is!

:lwicon:

Call me when you have a machine running on something produced by "EU commision" - whatever Intel does in one day it most likely more beneficial to us than EU commisioners do during the entire year.

Soth
03-18-2009, 12:50 AM
Like bullying AMD?

Is not only EU, South Koreans have same issues with AMD.

Anyway, this 'silly EU C.' forced mobile phone manufacturers to sell one type of phone charger... like mentioned Koreans have since forever...

warmiak
03-18-2009, 02:54 AM
Like bullying AMD?

Is not only EU, South Koreans have same issues with AMD.

Anyway, this 'silly EU C.' forced mobile phone manufacturers to sell one type of phone charger... like mentioned Koreans have since forever...

Why don't they force them to do away with the "selling" part altogether... it would certainly benefit EU customers.

Soth
03-18-2009, 03:22 AM
I dont get it...