PDA

View Full Version : Ordered my copy of LW!!!

digitalrelm
03-11-2009, 12:35 PM
Hi All

I have finally ordered my copy of Lightwave, I am so siked. Cant wait for it to be delivered! Looking forward to seeing Core as well. :lightwave

// Posted in LW forum but the general is the correct place, sorry about that.

Soth
03-11-2009, 01:47 PM
Congratulations, have you watched 24 hours of tutorials yet?

digitalrelm
03-11-2009, 01:54 PM
Yep most of them but I was just watching not working though them but now I can! All so got the Space Navigator thought that it would help, are they easy with LW?

RollerJesus
03-11-2009, 02:13 PM
Yep most of them but I was just watching not working though them but now I can! All so got the Space Navigator thought that it would help, are they easy with LW?

Sorry to be the one to break it to you, but they don't work with Lightwave... *Runs for cover*

AdamAvenali
03-11-2009, 02:21 PM
Yeah, unfortunately Lightwave currently does not support the Space Navigator, but hopefully will once Core gets going.

I have used one in Max though and loved it. It takes a bit of time to get used to, but I feel it's worth it.

digitalrelm
03-11-2009, 05:32 PM
O well, hopefully with Core it will, maybe we could suggest it. After all HardCore gives you access to the dev team. What about Zbrush?

digitalrelm
03-11-2009, 06:51 PM
Do you think it would be worth returning the Navagator it was a bit expensive (90). The only other 3d program I use is Zbrush.

AdamAvenali
03-12-2009, 06:35 AM
check out this thread over at Zbrush Central:

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=48539

Zbrush's viewport is set up a bit differently than most 3d apps. Also, check out the list of supported apps at 3dconnexion here:

http://www.3dconnexion.com/solutions/cad/all_sup_app.php

I would say if you have no programs to use it with, I would consider returning it and getting a decent pen/tablet for Zbrush.

digitalrelm
03-12-2009, 01:22 PM
I use my A4 tablet with Zbrush, I just got the Art pen for Painter it has not arrived yet. Apparently it is very different to using the standard pen and it have rotation (that's going to have some getting used too). I was just hoping that it would make using LW a bit faster.

geothefaust
03-12-2009, 01:45 PM
Just to ease your mind, CORE will in fact use connexion devices, among other things. :thumbsup:

I wouldn't rid yourself of it, especially if you use other programs that use it. 3DCoat is a great one that comes to mind.

Philbert
03-12-2009, 01:49 PM
Youcan use a Space Navigator with 3D Coat, I understand it works really well.

digitalrelm
03-12-2009, 01:56 PM
Cool I was hoping that CORE would support it, make sense. I did try 3d Coat it is a good app, but at the time there was just something about it I did not like about it. Plus at the time there was no Mac version, it was released a bout a week after my trial ended. It dose have to big things over Zbrush, it is cheaper and easier to use.

AdamAvenali
03-12-2009, 02:02 PM
Just to ease your mind, CORE will in fact use connexion devices, among other things. :thumbsup:

well then, i may just have to acquire Core so i can use my SpacePilot again :thumbsup:

Philbert
03-12-2009, 02:04 PM
Cool I was hoping that CORE would support it, make sense. I did try 3d Coat it is a good app, but at the time there was just something about it I did not like about it. Plus at the time there was no Mac version, it was released a bout a week after my trial ended. It dose have to big things over Zbrush, it is cheaper and easier to use.

If you download the alpha version the trial will just keep going until 3.0 is officially released. Alpha 62 was just released a few hours ago with big changes to the painting and some bug fixes in volumetric sculpting.

digitalrelm
03-12-2009, 02:10 PM
To be hoist I am not sure how to update Zbrush, I got it when it was released and that was it.

digitalrelm
03-12-2009, 02:12 PM
Sorry Philbert you mean 3d Coat, it would love to see what has changed with it.