PDA

View Full Version : Syflex + 9.6 ?

Pamukkedi
03-10-2009, 03:42 PM
Hi Folks,
Just a stupid question:
Has anybody experience with Syflex cloth and LW 9.6?
The Syflex website tells me, its just for 9.3
Or is there yet another way to produce good character cloth simulation?
Core is lightyears away.......

RebelHill
03-10-2009, 04:09 PM
works fine... my latest wip (sig) was sycloth in 9.6

Pamukkedi
03-11-2009, 01:46 PM
Thanks a lot for the info, Rebelhill
Btw: Your work is awesome. never seen a rig like this in LW.
Also your animations. Great!

RebelHill
03-12-2009, 11:07 AM
thanks. most kind

Rollie Hudson
03-16-2009, 08:19 PM
RebelHill,
Thanks for sharing your character reel and rig. Inspiring. You've gained lots of control over your model. You prefer this type of rigging over IKBooster I presume.

RebelHill
03-17-2009, 11:04 AM
You prefer this type of rigging over IKBooster I presume.

abso-frikin-lutely...

look... im sure ik boost is a great system once ur used to it... larry and others arent fools they love it for a reason, obv...

but for me... thers bits missing... can u do repinning and space switching with IKboost... no u cant... so no matter what its still incomplete as a character control system imo...

for quick turnaround... hey slap a rig in look left look right, wave an arm, bit of lipsync... ur average cheap quick turn around commerical or some such... great... Ikboost... time saved, lets smoke...

but again, as a complete character solution... no... some stuff u cant do, and reli quite unintuitive.

all of course, imho.

Rollie Hudson
03-17-2009, 11:07 AM
Good points all. Even if it does not fully comply with Larry's Church of IKBoost.

But, as you've pointed out, different tools for different situations...

RebelHill
03-17-2009, 11:17 AM
Good points all. Even if it does not fully comply with Larry's Church of IKBoost.

dont get me worng... i got a HELL of a lot of respect for the man, hes been at the game FAR longer than I have, and i have learnt an AWFUL lot frm him over the years... U should absolutely pay attention to his methods and practices and explore them for ur own needs.

but some months back when we were chatting about rigging issues, and differences and ikb and such, and i showed him my repin/space switch and said i NEED ikb to let me do this... he changed the subject and started talkin bout life in LA.

sorry, larry... big love, man.

Rollie Hudson
03-17-2009, 11:32 AM
As yes, over the many years since Lightwave on the Amiga I have made my offerings at the alter of the SplineGod as well. He is an angry god, sometimes, but we try to incur his favor.

Netvudu
03-19-2009, 07:52 AM
lol...I never saw Larry try to push anyone to use it, but more like defending the system as a valid procedure, specially some time ago when many people dished it out as asome useless crap.

I must say my only reason not to invest more time into IK Booster is that I think it will probably get replaced for something more industry-standard for CORE.

BTW Rebel, that´s some really cool character work. Have you been "Animation Mentor´ed" or is it just all your own stuff. I ask because some of the character models are well-known...not that it matters for riggin´/animation purposes though...