PDA

View Full Version : Good News ...job yeeee ! teaching LW LOL ,irony !

OnlineRender
03-09-2009, 03:27 PM
For some strange reason i went into see my old college teacher yesterday , my teachers very well known in the tv media section , several Bafta's blah blah , decent guy and i thank him alot for teaching me .

But the college runs a 6 month course to HND students called 3D animation funnily enough ,

Anyway cutting it short , there was a student struggling with modelling , basicially i showed them that you can use adobe illustrator to create a vector image and then import to LW and extract .

To the college they thought this was a sign from GOD ,

Terms and Conditions

I have to gain a 2.1 honours or above in final year at UNI and they will employee me to come in once a week and stand around and help students , which ironically most of them are older than me ,but who cares .

It gives me the direction i need and also get me direct access to complete my PHD .

Getting Drunk

DOCTOR SCOTT :P

Liber777
03-09-2009, 03:35 PM
Nice one. Congrats and good luck!

Dexter2999
03-09-2009, 03:37 PM
Congrats, Sir!

zapper1998
03-09-2009, 03:38 PM
Congrats
And may you Succeed And venture far...

OnlineRender
03-09-2009, 03:40 PM
Cheers appriciate it alot , i got the go-ahead today from the dean ,and it made my day , fair enough i think they have 2 years left on there educational licence and the lectures have no idea how to physically work the program , granted its only a days work ,but at least i can rest easy for now !

out of interest is there an official Newtek course / certificate which is in Scotland or UK that i can gain extra quilifications ?

DiedonD
03-10-2009, 02:29 AM
Cheers appriciate it alot , i got the go-ahead today from the dean ,and it made my day , fair enough i think they have 2 years left on there educational licence and the lectures have no idea how to physically work the program , granted its only a days work ,but at least i can rest easy for now !

out of interest is there an official Newtek course / certificate which is in Scotland or UK that i can gain extra quilifications ?

Congratulations! What a coincedence! I may be teaching aswell!!

As far as I know, you dont have to have any certificate to teach LW! Its a shortcut, and will boil the academics brains from envy! They have a hard time accepting that anyone that knows LW can teach it, even if educationally has finished the middle school only even!

But thats it Scot! We have way too many things in common!

I expect your e-mail, skype name and such on my PM ASAYC. And If I dont have it by tomorow, if we are to make this, who gave that delacate information first to the other, then Ill give my info first thing tomorow LOL

akademus
03-10-2009, 05:00 AM
Awesome dude. Congratulations!
I've been lecturing at my local university for couple of years now. I've held Video editing, Photoshop, Flash and Multimedia design subjects on 15 week courses. Probably one of the most rewarding jobs so far.

It was so cool watching youngsters who had no idea about movies making their own short only 4 months later!

However, it comes with responsibility. Whatever you tell your students, they'll carry it as truth. Do, if you are not absolutely certain about something, best is to check it out before answering a tricky question.

Best of luck, dude!

OnlineRender
03-10-2009, 05:33 AM
I understand your concerns , trust me in college i done the same course , and the lectures although granted new there subject about art , couldn't work LW to save themselfs ,they never even showed me how render correctly , and i mean the render tab options .
I had to learn that myself mainly watchin endless hours of Williams training videos "thank you " but i pick things up remarkably fast , advantages of being dislexic i reckon .

I am the rainman LOL :)

accom
03-10-2009, 05:48 AM
Excellent!

At least some good news in this "dark age"!!

THREEL
03-10-2009, 07:31 AM
To the college they thought this was a sign from GOD

Maybe it was!

Congrats :thumbsup: