PDA

View Full Version : Sample models?

Ryan Roye
03-08-2009, 05:04 PM
Here's what i'm trying to accomplish.

I'm taking an old style game and emulating it's style where the character models are segmented, not organic. However, all the tutorials I see are for organic models, and also, i'm having a heck of a time finding sample models to learn from and toy with.

I have the model in question built already, but I can't seem to get the bones to work for it. Anyone have any good references/tutorials/videos they know of? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ryan Roye
03-09-2009, 09:15 AM
I got it working, but finding the sample models to work with was a real pain. Maybe one of these times i'll make an extremely simple template for others to use, there really aren't enough of them out there.

Giacomo99
03-09-2009, 09:20 AM
If you post a screencap of what you're doing, other people are more likely to respond. That said: I'm not sure how "old-style" your looking to emulate, but the basic principles for rigging and animating "segmented" characters are exactly the same as for high-poly ones.

Ryan Roye
03-12-2009, 08:21 PM
I managed to figure it out (for the most part). I figured out that for segmented models, 100% weights for each individual limb is desirable, that way absolutely no deformation oucurrs, the way I want it. Thanks though.