PDA

View Full Version : 3D Painting and Sculpting Pleeeaaaase

Hail
03-08-2009, 03:42 PM
Its time for lightwave to have a a sculpting and 3d painting ability.
Please integrate it if the core is to make a hit.

SplineGod
03-08-2009, 04:15 PM
Im sure somebody will at some point but I doubt we will see anything like that for a long long time. in the meantime 3dcoat is awsome. :)

geothefaust
03-08-2009, 06:00 PM
I agree. In the mean time 3DCoat is amazingly great. :)

archijam
03-09-2009, 05:03 AM
There are SO many things I would like NT to focus on before this!

Better/intuitive normal map display and improved/animated displacement (already possible, but hoop jumping required) would already make this a very low priority for me ..

3DC FTW :)

UnCommonGrafx
03-09-2009, 05:20 AM
big echo in here...

3dc...3dc...3dccccccccccccccc

Hail
03-10-2009, 07:27 AM
Yeah, I know there are a lot of issues to be resolved but hey It has become an integral part of almost every 3d application now and lightwave is lacking behind on that.

I just thought it would be great to have such a feature.
It can make lightwave better in a lot of ways you know.

Nicolas Jordan
03-10-2009, 09:27 AM
I have a feeling we could see this feature to a limited extent in Core 1.0 or Core 2.0. It would only make sense to have it in there even if it wasn't up to a Mudbox standard it would still come in handy for some things like sculpting morph targets and stuff.

frantbk
03-11-2009, 08:03 AM
I have a feeling we could see this feature to a limited extent in Core 1.0 or Core 2.0. It would only make sense to have it in there even if it wasn't up to a Mudbox standard it would still come in handy for some things like sculpting morph targets and stuff.

I think you're right. NewTek did so some stuff with a brush tool. Also they did say the industry has moved in that direction and Jonas Gustavsson did show the possibility of using a brush to create flat polys. Maybe the start will be a silo like brush system - if that makes any sense.