PDA

View Full Version : I love part move/rotate/scale from dpont, ...

Thomas M.
03-07-2009, 05:41 PM
but is there something similar in modeler? Especially a rotation of connected polygons around a specified center, like in the nodal plug in, would be great. But I couldn't find anything at flay.com. E.g., you placed several boxes and are happy with the position, but want to turn them at their position, is there a way to do this in Modeler? I know that going back and forth between modeler and layout is an option (endomorphs), but it takes too much time.

Cheers
Thomas

serge
03-08-2009, 07:15 AM
Maybe I don't get it, but this is an easy job for Part Move, which you already mentioned. :)

You either rotate (or move/scale) all of the parts, and save the transformed object. Or, if you want to adjust only several of the parts I would select and cut those to a new object, use Part Move, save transformed object, and paste it back. (You can also offset the pivot point of the parts with Part Move.)

Thomas M.
03-08-2009, 02:38 PM
Exactly, that's why I like it. But I want to do this in modeler, not in layout. There's a great plug in called Align and Distribute which does exactly that on a per poly group basis in modeler, so I thought a rotate polygroup or size polygroup in layout wouldn't be impossible. I just wonder does this already exist in modeler or is there a plug in or neither of both.

Cheers
Thomas