PDA

View Full Version : Stragnge performance slowdown

abomb77
08-15-2003, 11:44 AM
EDIT: Nevermind, problem solved. The problem was ultimately related to me playing with multiple monitors, though I'm not sure of the exact issue. But everything is working fine, so thanks anyways.

For the last couple days Lightwave has acted strange.

In Modeler, whenever I try to manipulate points (make a box object, drag a point around, etc) the draw rate is horrible (like 1 frame per sec). This is true even if the only object in there is a cube.

Essentially, whenever I try to use any tool, the framerate is really slow, as though the machine is bogged down.

However, rotating the perspective window, in any draw mode, has a perfect framerate.

Layout is also in a similar manner. I can rotate the perspective window, and draw framrate is fine.

However, whenevier I try to move an object, or hit the play button, the framerate is again around 1 fps.

Its seems LW has no problem drawing the objects and scenes, but it slows down horribly whenever it tries to manipulate the scene or object.

I recently got a new LCD display, but that shouldn't do anything. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software (ver 7.0), and upgrading to 7.5. No difference.

Any ideas?