PDA

View Full Version : Forward/reverse

bbailey
03-07-2009, 04:30 PM
I do 4-camera high school football and currently use a DVCAM deck for slo-mo. I just bought the Tricaster Broadcast to replace my tired Panasonic MX50. I like a lot of the transitions in the Tricaster but when I use one to bring on a slo-mo replay and click auto to take the replay off when finished, I notice the transition repeating in the same direction. I found the "reverse" button, but that becomes involved when you have to click the reverse at the end of every replay and then have to clear the "reverse" before the next replay. Even if I were to add a Time Warp to the Tricaster for slo-mo, the same will happen at the end of every replay even if "cued".

I'd like to see a method which would allow one to select a toggled reverse or one that would, when set, allow any transition to auto reverse when selected a second time to remove a scene. My old MX50 has that feature. I don't want to see a transition bring up a slo-mo scene and the the same transition bring up the live scene at the end of the slo-mo. I'd rather be able to use a transition to bring on a slo-mo replay and then have the transition reverse automatically to take the replay off.

billmi
03-07-2009, 05:43 PM
If you check the ToasterScript forum, I posted a short script there that I use on Tricaster, that uses F12 to fly in (using a reversed DVE) the iVGA source, or if it is already on the program bus, fly it out using the same DVE.

SBowie
03-08-2009, 09:53 AM
I'd like to see a method which would allow one to select a toggled reverse or one that would, when set, allow any transition to auto reverse when selected a second time to remove a scene.Funnily enough, I had exactly the same idea some time ago. Great minds ... :)

PIZAZZ
03-08-2009, 03:26 PM
Another idea is to have Bill build you some custom DVEs one forward and one backwards. You could then bring the replay in with the forward DVE and the reverse DVE to go back out.

Always more than one way to skin a cat.

bbailey
03-11-2009, 05:41 PM
I've already discovered a few "fly-in" DVEs that have a sister "fly-out" DVE. But again you have to load one and do the transition, then load the other to finish the scene as a 'fly-out. Then you again have to load the fly-in effect before the next replay. My old switcher had a button that caused any effect to fly-in followed by fly-out. This work around will work for me but it's not as easy as it could be.

bbailey
03-11-2009, 05:44 PM
billmi,

Where is the Toaster script forum?

billmi
03-11-2009, 06:52 PM
It's part of the VT section of this forum. Go to the main forum index, then scroll further down the page.

Here's a direct link to the thread with the script: http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82536

I mapped that function to F12 in the hotkey, because I never use F12 for what it was originally assigned by Tricaster - but it's easy enough to change it to a different key if you want. I just got tired of fat-fingering things, when I'd forget to switch the direction, or worse yet forget that I had previewed something and didn't still have iVGA on preview before flying it in (resulting in flying in a camera view.) The shortcut makes it a no-brainer.

kltv
03-11-2009, 11:00 PM
If you are using one of the transitions that have sister fly-in/fly-out effects, you could try loading them both into the transition bin, then check the advance checkbox. Once a transition completes it will load the next transition automatically, which would be your out effect.

Kris