PDA

View Full Version : DFX+ and parallel dongle

CoryC
08-15-2003, 10:59 AM
I have seen conflicting information about DFX+ and whether it will work with a parallel port dongle or if it needs the USB dongle. For anyone else wondering about this, I have just installed, registered, and used DFX+ with the parallel dongle. No need to swap them if you don't want to. Thanks to Marvin Miller at Newtek's CS for clearing this up for me.

Lalin
08-25-2003, 04:46 PM
Hello Cory,

Did you have the problem that after installing DFX+ it couldn't start because it complained about not finding "a dongle"?

I have a parallel dongle from my LW 5.6. I recently got my upgrade package for LW7.5 & DFX+.

The upgrade to LW7.5 went smooth.

However after installing DFX+, I started the program getting a dialog box with the message "No Dongle Found" where the S/N of the software is supposed to appear.

In my package I got 2 LW7.5 upgrade CDs (Win/Mac), DFX+ CD & Courseware DVD, and two manuals (DFX+ Reference Manual & DFX+ Courseware guide).

Thanks a lot in advance for any advice I can get while I contact support,
Lalin

CoryC
08-25-2003, 05:06 PM
Hi Lalin,

No, I installed two copies without any problems. My home copy came with it's own dongle and my work copy hooked to the LW parallel dongle.

One thing you might want to try is to re-install your sentinel drivers. See this thread - http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9400&highlight=sentinel+drivers

Lalin
08-25-2003, 06:33 PM
Thanks you sooo much Cory,

That link shows a very similar situation to what I am experiencing.

Lalin