PDA

View Full Version : Estimated Frame Time Remaining way off??

JeffrySG
03-04-2009, 10:55 AM
On a current project that I've been working on every time I go to do a render the 'Frame Time Remaining' is so completely way off. Most of the renders have been taking right around an hour. The render status starts off showing that it will take about 18min, then goes down to 10 then goes back up to 12 or so then ends up hovering around 10min for a long time, etc. I'm using Adaptive set to: .02, AA set to 1, Oversample set to: .2, and I'm using Final Gather Interpolated which only takes about 1min or so.

I don't recall the Frame Time Remaining being so way off. Is this because of the Adaptive Sampling? You would think after one pass or so LW would be able to do a more realistic time estimate?

Any way to fix this or to know why it's so way off?

lwanmtr
03-11-2009, 03:28 PM
I've only used the time remaining as a guess...in 9.6 it is better than previous versions, but it still cant seem to get it right.

JeffrySG
03-12-2009, 07:32 AM
I've only used the time remaining as a guess...in 9.6 it is better than previous versions, but it still cant seem to get it right.

Yeah, me too, but I have found that it is usually pretty accurate - at least in the 75% range or so. But on that last project of mine it was way way off, about 15% accurate.

lwanmtr
03-12-2009, 03:15 PM
Well, you can at least rest knowing that Maya suffers the same thing...hehe.