PDA

View Full Version : NewTek really, really needs a dedicated YouTube page

i8yourADOBElol
03-04-2009, 07:06 AM
Hi folks, long time lurker first time user. I noticed that on YouTube (ranked by Alexa as #3 today) that NewTek does not have an official channel. What gives?

You folks up in corporate, do you know how many MILLIONS of potential users might find your product with a bit of advertising? May I also let you know it's free? What a great opportunity wasted! Therefore, run...do not walk... to your nearest computer & set up a YouTube page. It may take a few hours of your time, but the uploaded videos will def help promote your products.

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details/youtube.com

Don't let a golden chance like this be unused.

ps-did I also mention it's free (well almost).

beverins
03-04-2009, 09:10 AM
And if Youtube is too "noisy" for them, then Newtek should consider these online video sites...

http://www.vimeo.com/

http://exposureroom.com/

http://blip.tv/

Ustream.tv is OK, but relegating themselves to that ONE website is a Super Bad Choice. Multiplex your brand everywhere you can!! :goodluck:

MooseDog
03-04-2009, 09:28 AM
another :thumbsup:.

i've mentioned this in the past as well. the main idea against it was the quality of youtube vids, but it seems to me that has been addressed with new hd and aspect ratio options.

what i don't know is if google/youtube charges for creating one's own channel. for a small firm like nt, that might be a showstopper.

SplineGod
03-04-2009, 09:40 AM
Im all for greater exposure as long as its professional looking.

i8yourADOBElol
03-04-2009, 01:02 PM
another :thumbsup:.

i've mentioned this in the past as well.
Oops, sorry I should have searched before posting. However, NewTek deserves more exposure. There are too many adobe wh*res out there, who don't know any better :D

the main idea against it was the quality of youtube vids, but it seems to me that has been addressed with new hd and aspect ratio options.

what i don't know is if google/youtube charges for creating one's own channel. for a small firm like nt, that might be a showstopper.
HD addresses that, but NewTek can always have a YouTube channel just for the Hell of it. Then, post higher quality videos on another site such as Metacafe or Blip.tv. Link the url from the YouTube page. Many companies cross-post across sites. Google doesn't seem to mind...

As for the pro version of YT, it's still free. There is some paperwork that needs to be emailed/faxed, but otherwise anyone who's a copyright holder gets 100+ minutes of video & up to 1GB+ per clip. Beat that Revver!! And yes, that applies to corporations as well as regular Joes like us. Just make sure your "Joe" has the broadcast rights to show something on the Pro account. Those get terminated quicker for DMCA violations. Trust me, i know this

Mr Rid
03-04-2009, 02:00 PM
YT's Insight is also informative, which shows details of your viewer demographic- age, sex, country & state/region location, popularity graph & view history, if clips are re-played often or how much they hold interest for the duration, and how users are finding the clips and what sights they are linked to.

realgray
03-04-2009, 02:41 PM
I would also love to see this. It would be great to include interviews with Radical 3d on their work with Animal Armageddon, Branit VFX (for their work in Pushing Daises and Lost), and several other shops showing off work that no one knew was pulled off by Lightwave.

Andyjaggy
03-04-2009, 02:49 PM
As Spline God said, as long as it is a professional representation. Otherwise it will do more harm then good.

realgray
03-04-2009, 02:53 PM
I really liked what they did with Screaming Death Monkey and Pixel Magic for their work on 300. I thought it was very well done.

VFXCast
03-04-2009, 11:09 PM
We have a dedicated channel for LightWave over at VFXCast.com :D. Already had hundreds of LightWave videos online, ready and waiting for you.

Nemoid
03-05-2009, 02:44 AM
You tube vids are usually low quality, but now there's possibility for HD too. so its not too bad. also, You tube channel can be customized to have a Nt style too, i think, so that it would be realy awesome having a you tube channel for sure. Vimeo and other channels are good as well i'd say go for all of them for a masssive video proposal.
I'd also add some presence on facebook could do wonders if well managed by a clever marketing team.

-EsHrA-
03-05-2009, 03:11 AM
+1 but a dedicated gfx-designer (someone like matt) wouldnt hurt either.

mlon

zardoz
03-05-2009, 03:24 AM
I agree with splinegod

OnlineRender
03-05-2009, 08:28 AM
They should have a youtube account , Zbrush do ,infact i got a message from there main youtube account and it made my day , ok they were only asking if i used normal maps in my workflow , i think they were impressed i got zbrush to work with LW LOL . but even at that , people are watchin , they only down side newtek probably want people to view there page first , but you can always add a link .
With Core hitting the mainstream i reckon you will see alot more NT advertising , esp if the people behind the core concept are opperating it .

it would be nice to know that people like Jim Plant and "William the main man "are looking at your work , esp new artist like myself , it gives you a ray of hope and confidence .

Peace

i8yourADOBElol
03-05-2009, 10:02 AM
it would be nice to know that people like Jim Plant and "William the main man "are looking at your work , esp new artist like myself , it gives you a ray of hope and confidence .

Peace
In addition to being "noticed" by someone important for your work, it does make you popular on YT. At the very least, that's nice for the average user. I must also say that a single S.E. viral video (the kinds of videos that get 10,000+ views a day & rocket to #1 for a week or more) could increase interest in S.E. far more than any million dollar ad buy.

Any corporation would be pleased with that kind of result.

shrox
03-05-2009, 10:09 AM
Is my "Battle of the 1970's Super Cars" WIP good enough?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGr3S-k7_Mw

Sonk
03-06-2009, 08:14 PM
Oops, sorry I should have searched before posting. However, NewTek deserves more exposure. There are too many adobe wh*res out there, who don't know any better :D

HD addresses that, but NewTek can always have a YouTube channel just for the Hell of it. Then, post higher quality videos on another site such as Metacafe or Blip.tv. Link the url from the YouTube page. Many companies cross-post across sites. Google doesn't seem to mind...

As for the pro version of YT, it's still free. There is some paperwork that needs to be emailed/faxed, but otherwise anyone who's a copyright holder gets 100+ minutes of video & up to 1GB+ per clip. Beat that Revver!! And yes, that applies to corporations as well as regular Joes like us. Just make sure your "Joe" has the broadcast rights to show something on the Pro account. Those get terminated quicker for DMCA violations. Trust me, i know this

Do you have a link to this? i cant find it anywhere on youtube, even google it. I'm a average Joe who is interested in a pro account(hey its FREE!)!

realgray
03-06-2009, 09:07 PM
So I guess this isn't their channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/NewTekLightWave3D

thomascheng
03-07-2009, 09:54 AM
I vote for a system that supports video podcast. Then my system lets me know what is new and manages my files for me.

Soth
03-09-2009, 05:11 AM
So I guess this isn't their channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/NewTekLightWave3D

Even if is empty, no demo reels, no CORE video, no tutorials... did I mentioned demo reels? :devil:

Nemoid
03-09-2009, 02:33 PM
oops !!!
then i guess Newtek needs a better advertisement team...