PDA

View Full Version : LW 9.6 unstable bug

genesis1
03-03-2009, 01:31 PM
If I try to render out images from an animation as Targa files, LW will crash periodicaly with a 'Critical error!' It may not always be at the same point, or always happen. It does happen too often though.
Also, if you set up the perspective camera at 800 x600 and turn on field rendering, this will also cause a crash everytime with a critical error. If its set to 720 x 560 then its OK.

Modeler also has a problem. When using the bolean function, it sometimes removes polygons from another layer you are not working on, and you are left with points only. It seems to happen after using it and then switching to one of the other layers. Curious?

Didn't have these problems with previous versions.

Any ideas?

Running Vista with LW9.6 32 bit and nVida Q8600 card

toby
03-03-2009, 10:15 PM
For the first problem I would try clearing your i/o plugins and reloading them. Use a different format if that doesn't work?

For the second problem, um... sacrifice a goat?

genesis1
03-05-2009, 09:21 AM
Its done it again. I rendered out this time to an avi file this time rather than a targa file stream. Rendered animation overnight around 10 hours. Stopped, and then rendered out again carrying on from previous frame where I left off. After 8 hours, a critical error crash. Also, there are multiple pop up boxes of the ' a critical error has occured.'
This is becoming a real bore, not to mention a waste of 8 hours work.:thumbsdow

Sensei
03-08-2009, 08:44 PM
Didn't have these problems with previous versions.

Did you delete old configs or used -c parameter after installing new version of LW?