PDA

View Full Version : StressMaps question

khalid
03-03-2009, 04:53 AM
Hi every one..

Do you remember this.. the stress maps... very cool Idea..
StressMaps tutorial (ftp://ftp.newtek.com/products/LightWave/Trial/Videos/StressMaps.mov)

Now I want to use it on a character Skin.. I am using the node system to do my skin, using the simple skin type...

Now for my problem.... As you know when you do a character, usually you would have the base bump skin texture for the wrinkles... bumps etc, Now ....I want to use the StressMap to get more wrinkles on the elbows....hips, fingers.... once anything bends without effecting the other overall bump texture that was designed to be the existing skin... Hmm-!! so now I was trying everything & I reach to a dead end...... so LW allows me to do, it does not let me to use one map for the over all bump, and then stressMap for the extra wrinkles using StressMaps option-!!! I am forced to combo them both to together... and that gives me nothing.. am I missing something here!!!? if there is a way can some one tell me how to do this... other then manually animating a texture to appear and disappear in those areas....

Otherwise, this tool is just not complete and useless ... just a Great nice start to an Idea..

I really hope that I mist something to start.

SplineGod
03-03-2009, 06:20 AM
Dpont also has a stressmap node I believe. It probably works better. :)

khalid
03-03-2009, 10:26 AM
thanks splinegod, but can you tell me where to find the Dpont node???

RebelHill
03-03-2009, 11:01 AM
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/dpont/plugins/nodes/Additionnal_Nodes_2.html

tension shader