PDA

View Full Version : Things To Do while waiting for the CORE

JMCarrigan
03-02-2009, 08:43 PM
So here's a photo i just took of the place I spend many hours per day. The Dell is being replaced this week with what is now in my signature.

I've been working on my recliner for some time now and just today I thought it would be nice to get the Cintiq added (instead of being on the table to the side), a rack for the new cpu and a UPS. I could then move the whole system around at will. Muhahahahaha. :D

Jockomo
03-02-2009, 09:17 PM
Wow what a sweet setup. What do you have the cintiq mounted on?
With the tacked leather chair it looks very "steampunk" .

Personally, I've been spending more time learning modo... ahem.
Sadly, unless NT pulls out a can of whoop-*** with LW10; 9 will be my last upgrade. I'm rooting for them though, I really am!

JMCarrigan
03-02-2009, 09:32 PM
Hey Jockomo. (Thanks for the kind words about my cat Bud.) The Cintiq is mounted like my keyboard, on a double articulate arm that slides down a pipe essentially. The fancy pipe is clamped or otherwise attached to the table. I bought some aluminum and bent it for my mouse pad on one side and the keyboard on the other. If I can get the monitor mounted someway, I'll be able to draw on my lap nearly.

I believe NT will pull out that can of Boise. I gotta spend a few bucks somewhere in any case.

probiner
03-03-2009, 06:09 AM
Well, car acidents won't stop you from doing your job.
Looks a bit Stephen Hawking and Wallie ate the same time. But as the years pass by and you get older, its value will increse :P

Bahhh its just envy talking here. I wish i had one setup like that :thumbsup:

JMCarrigan
03-03-2009, 08:19 AM
Well, car acidents won't stop you from doing your job.
Looks a bit Stephen Hawking and Wallie ate the same time. But as the years pass by and you get older, its value will increse :P

Bahhh its just envy talking here. I wish i had one setup like that :thumbsup:

:lol: And that avatar is really nice.

mattclary
03-03-2009, 09:55 AM
So here's a photo i just took of the place I spend many hours per day. The Dell is being replaced this week with what is now in my signature.

I've been working on my recliner for some time now and just today I thought it would be nice to get the Cintiq added (instead of being on the table to the side), a rack for the new cpu and a UPS. I could then move the whole system around at will. Muhahahahaha. :D

OK, that is 50% really cool, and 50% kind of hilarious! Recliner on wheels!

edit: JM, would you be insulted if I dubbed this "red-teck" vs. "red-neck"? lol! I grew up in a trailer, so no insult intended... ;)

PointC
03-03-2009, 12:54 PM
would you be insulted if I dubbed this "red-teck" vs. "red-neck"? lol! I grew up in a trailer, so no insult intended... ;)

:lol:

JMCarrigan
03-03-2009, 01:05 PM
OK, that is 50% really cool, and 50% kind of hilarious! Recliner on wheels!

edit: JM, would you be insulted if I dubbed this "red-teck" vs. "red-neck"? lol! I grew up in a trailer, so no insult intended... ;)

You obviously don't know me :D,

No, I would not be insulted. The very idea. I mean, I understand the idea of "being insulted," I understand that someone may even have the INTENT to insult me, but - uh - good luck with that! :D I am after-all a comedian in training.

Ahem. Anyway - any ideas on how to get the Cintiq and cpu on-board?

mattclary
03-03-2009, 02:02 PM
Ahem. Anyway - any ideas on how to get the Cintiq and cpu on-board?

Does the Cintiq have a Vesa compliant mount on the back? I'm thinking getting an arm and mounting it from the ceiling somehow...

JMCarrigan
03-03-2009, 04:53 PM
Does the Cintiq have a Vesa compliant mount on the back? I'm thinking getting an arm and mounting it from the ceiling somehow...

You bet! I'll take a pic right quick. Been updating my networking system around here.

JMCarrigan
03-03-2009, 05:06 PM
...or wall mount. :D

Plus, here's the vesa compliant pic.

JMCarrigan
03-03-2009, 05:08 PM
mattclary ps: I wouldn't like that particular mount for my Cintiq because it's not real easy to change angles.

mattclary
03-03-2009, 06:48 PM
it's not real easy to change angles.

So mount it so it comes UP rather than down. it looks like the angle would be perfect if it was mounted below you.

JMCarrigan
03-03-2009, 07:08 PM
In case you're not kidding, that particular arm is good for normal monitors of which only minor adjustments need be made. Everything articulates, just not as easy as the one the Cintiq is attached to. I'll be right back with more photos, etc.

JMCarrigan
03-03-2009, 07:38 PM
I've had my articulate arms for a couple years. I just saw one on the internet that would be real nice to have if it could handle the weight.

The Cintiq arm could go on any pipe like in the photo. The other arm would need [edit] the lower portion replaced with a more friendly setup for a Cintiq.

mattclary
03-03-2009, 07:55 PM
I'm jealous of all your articulating monitors!

JMCarrigan
03-04-2009, 09:02 PM
This kept me busy all day today. I should finish it tomorrow.

IMI
03-04-2009, 09:11 PM
I'm jealous of all your articulating monitors!

Yeah I hear that! Man, that's kicka**!

Awesome setup, JM! :jam:

JMCarrigan
03-05-2009, 08:26 AM
Thanky IMI. Now here I go again. Thankfully it's very nasty on the Oregon coast this morning, so MAYBE there won't be a lot of interruptions. I have a wedding Saturday :eek: so I gotta get 'er done.

Matt
03-09-2009, 08:34 AM
I've been doing a bit of this:

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91779

:D