PDA

View Full Version : Saying bye to "our" cats, Bud & Dog

JMCarrigan
03-01-2009, 05:49 PM
Snow Dog died a few months ago. Today Bud died. We will miss them. They owned us. Peaches showed up just as Dog was dying. I wonder if she's aware. She did stop tormenting Bud yesterday.

cresshead
03-01-2009, 07:02 PM
sad
wilson and ripley died last summer both were brothers and 16 years old
..just Dyson or company now...and the neighbors collection cats of course!

PointC
03-01-2009, 07:06 PM
Sorry for your loss... the four legged members of our families are very important. I totally understand your comment about them owning you. We lost one of our dachshunds last year. After having him sit by my side every day while I worked for over 10 years, it was really hard not to have him there so I definitely understand what you're going through. It will get better in time though... take care and best wishes.

JMCarrigan
03-01-2009, 07:40 PM
Thank you both. I'll pass it on to Linda.

CGI Addict
03-02-2009, 01:20 AM
Sad to hear. Our Australian Shepherd (Pal) died recently, big blow to the family. Our second pup seems a bit depressed.

Stunt Pixels
03-02-2009, 01:46 AM
It's amazing how attached we can come to members of a different species. I love our dog, and he adds so much to our household. I know he'll die well before us, but I also know that I will have reciprocated his love, and provided him with a life many dogs could only dream of. To even post your pets passing here indicates to me that they were deeply loved and cared for. It's a great loss, but I'm sure they had a great time with you, and their memories will last as long as you do... Best wishes.

flakester
03-02-2009, 02:20 AM
Likewise, I've said goodbye to some wonderful companions over the years; I can understand where you're at in my own way.
A mark of how much they mean to us, is how fondly we remember them I think.

Best wishes for good memories, and more great companions in the future.

--
flakester.

JMCarrigan
03-02-2009, 11:34 AM
Kindness from all of you. We thank you all.

GandB
03-02-2009, 12:18 PM
Real sorry to hear this. We lost our dog of over 8 years last Spring and we still miss her. We bought Maggie while we were stationed in Germany (white German Shepard), from a German breeder. They always seem to have an irreplaceable personality, don't they? We bought Chloe (miniature long-haired dachsund) here in the States about 3 years ago. The ironic thing, is that the lady who bred White Shepards, also bred miniature dachsunds at the time.

Chloe sits besides be while I'm at my computer as well. She really moped around for awhile when Maggie passed away.

Best wishes to your family.

-Keith

JMCarrigan
03-02-2009, 12:25 PM
Just buried Bud. Thanks Keith............

IMI
03-02-2009, 12:30 PM
Really sorry to hear it, man. :(

PointC
03-02-2009, 12:38 PM
You may have already read this, but it's a nice poem that will mean a lot to anyone who has ever lost a special pet.

http://www.rainbowbridge.com/Poem.htm

Best wishes...

kurv
03-02-2009, 01:21 PM
So sorry to hear this. I had a dog named Bud that also passed away. Very tough.

Our thoughts are with you.

GandB
03-02-2009, 01:25 PM
Just buried Bud. Thanks Keith...........
We had Maggie cremated and I spread her ashes in a field out in the country where she and my brother's dog (died before Maggie) used to run together. I like to think they are still running through the woods now...

don_culbertson
03-02-2009, 08:33 PM
So sorry to hear of your loss - brings tears to my eyes...

Don

JMCarrigan
03-02-2009, 08:38 PM
Thanks for the many heartfelt statements. Linda appreciated also.

Oedo 808
03-02-2009, 09:02 PM
Sorry for your loss. It's been many years since I've had a pet, but I don't doubt that losing one today would be just as hard now as it was way back then.

Jockomo
03-02-2009, 09:20 PM
My condolences, I know how much a pet can mean.
We have a cat that is getting pretty old. I fear when that day comes.

Silkrooster
03-02-2009, 11:47 PM
Sorry to hear. We had so many animals over the years that I lost count. It is never easy when you loose a pet.
We had a cat that look exactly like your cat Bud. If i recall that cat was one that someone had dropped off. Didn't take too long for it to find its way into our home and hearts.
Anyway my condolences.
Silk

DiedonD
03-03-2009, 04:29 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss.

I havent had a pet since I was a kid, but I still remember how hard was to let them go!

I saw a very sad cat that had fell from the roof the other day! You dont see that very often! Cats falling from roofs I mean!

shrox
03-03-2009, 05:45 AM
Losing your friends is always difficult. At least I know mine are cared for in a new home. I love the kitties and pups.

Nangleator
03-03-2009, 01:14 PM
Condolences. My Cleo and Dora are young, still. I know it will almost kill me when each goes, but I console myself now by making their lives comfortable and fun.

JBT27
03-03-2009, 02:15 PM
My condolences also - so sorry.

I also have not had a pet in many years now, though none of mine were cats or dogs :D

You do get very attached to them, they become family, and there's a terrible sadness when they die. The top of my garden, over the years, has gone from remains of an apple orchard (three trees of 90 years vintage), to a scattered cemetery. If you count all the small birds, and hedgehogs that have chosen to end their days here, it's getting kinda full up there.....

God knows what I'm going to say to the next owner if I ever sell this place :D

Julian.

gclayton
03-03-2009, 02:23 PM
So sorry to hear about Bud. I too have lost several of my 4-legged friends over the last year or so. It's difficult. Here's a picture of our "Bud". We named him "Boots" but I call him "Bud" all the time. Take care.

Gil Clayton

Bog
03-03-2009, 03:29 PM
Gouraud and Phong have been complaining bitterly about their treatment today.

"Meowmeowmeowmeowmeow" (Which translates from the Divine Language to "STAFF! Food me! Now!")

*opens door, checks bowls*

"You have food. Eat the food"

"MEEEEEEEEEEOWWWWWmeowmeowmeowmeow" (Your pathetic offering is beneath our notice! We require *better* food, tout de suite or you'll feel the back of my paw. Meatling!)

"Just eat the food"

So I stood in a puddle of cat-puke earlier. Sometimes, being staff to cats is difficult.

I'm sorry for your loss, and I hope you realise the above is me actually expressing love for me little furry one-opposable-thumb-short-of-world-domination masters.

Sorry, Phong. Master and Mistress. Yes, boss.

JMCarrigan
03-04-2009, 08:54 AM
Oh yeah Bog - that's it alright.

Here's Peaches; she showed up a few months ago and took over. (And thanks everyone!)