PDA

View Full Version : Core customizable keyboard shortcuts

caesar
03-01-2009, 05:26 PM
I was checking the apple's site for the Aperture 2 new features and found that http://www.apple.com/aperture/features/100.html#workflow: their implmentataion of customizing keyshorts are made in a full screen keyboard, with a list of commands in the bottom of the screen, and colors in the keys to help track of the shortcuts. Very neat indeed! I thought if CORE could have something like that would be great.

Doctor49152
03-02-2009, 11:05 AM
cool idea, but just as an example my keyboard doesn't look anything like that layout. In fact I own 4 keyboards and they all have completely different layouts (extra keys reverse L enter key, no insert/delete keys to name a few differences).

Since Apple ships only with their own keyboards (besides the mini) they have a pretty good chance of knowing what people have. Not so on the PC. So to have a image like that also means that you'd have to support different keyboard layouts.

Thats why I think the system they have now works better. Its not as nice looking but it works in all most all situations.

3DGFXStudios
03-02-2009, 12:09 PM
That's a bit "lego"