PDA

View Full Version : Modeler help

tisoy
08-14-2003, 11:46 PM
In layout,,,,when u move an object it shows the arrow thing even in rotation and so on,,,,,,,its hard to model in modeler if it dont have those functions,,,,is there a plug in or maybe theres something there I just dont see......

cgolchert
08-15-2003, 12:06 AM
Why do you find it hard to model without a handle? I personally would hate to have the standard handles in LW for modeling. They always seemed to get in the way to me. I usually work in the otho views so wherever I move the mouse is where I'm expecting the geometry to go.

Are you coming from another program?

Have you tried the Rove tool in Modeler?

tisoy
08-15-2003, 12:28 AM
Yes I have tried the rove tool,,,,,,,,I was using maya,,well Im a newbie in maya.....

cgolchert
08-15-2003, 08:24 AM
If you get used to not having one, it will feel more like you are working with polygonsand points instead of making pottery with welding gloves on.

What is it you are wanting the handles for?
:)

DAMAKERS
08-17-2003, 02:08 AM
Hi there, maybe this can help to change urs feelings about the modeler.:)

Dont know how u have configured ur modeler but by default it comes in four views, three of them are X,Y,Z projections but the fourth one is a perspective view, in there u can handle the obj like ur asking for, can rotate it, move it, zoom it to model it and make some natural touches; this rotation, move and zoom doesnt means that ur really rotating, moving and scaling this object, but it let u see how ur model is looking, even solid and texturized, u can feel free to use this view as u wish, but i warn u, later u ill see that the others views are usefull like this one, in my opinion, in every case that u have to model something.

As u see, its matter of time to get in the common way of modeling, like every one does time ago.

So, keep working and bring us new creations.:D