Maestro, exrTrader, Kray, HD Instance,Sensei's, Art's, Denis's,
Modo ( just kidding ) and a lot more, sorry if I missed some
others. I know Core will break those and you still can use them
under 9.6; but really, my questions are: How easy/hard would be
to code this again in order for them to work under Core. Can the
code be reused again? Start from scratch? How many are coded with
CPP; and the more concerning, how long it would take? This also
will give us a good idea if the code or some modules in 9.6 can
be used under Core ( rendering, lighting ).

Lightwolf
02-28-2009, 01:54 PM
This is hard to answer since nobody outside of NT has seen the CORE SDK yet.

I would say, the more self contained a plugin is, the easier to port. In our case, about 80% of infiniMap is independant of LW - bot as far as the code and the concept is concerned.
In the case of exrTrader a lot more depends on LW, especially in conceptual terms (both are C++ by the way).

In a nutshell, little tools and workflow enhancers probably don't make any sense in CORE as they are now. CORE will have other weaknesses (hopefully less) and other gaps to fill.

If it makes sense to port bigger plugins is something that depends on CORE functionality more than anything else. I.e. HDInstance vs. native instances - this is a case where it could make sense to leverage some of HDInstances features in terms of working with instance distribution on top ot native instances.

The C vs. C++ issue isn't much of a problem imho. And a lot of developers use C++ already.

Cheers,
Mike

Silkrooster
02-28-2009, 07:53 PM
I would say it depends on which plugins will still be needed if any, I would believe that quite a few are no longer needed. In away that helps the 3rd party programmers on recoding. As some of them have quite a list of plug ins.
As for those that sell plug ins, I am sure they will find areas that need enhancing. I have a hard time believing that any of the programmers are a one trick pony. They will figure something out to keep themselves profitable.