PDA

View Full Version : License Key...

VTA
02-28-2009, 09:33 AM
Hello,
I just installed my new copy of 9.6 on my machine and am having trouble getting it unlocked. I've done this before, but it was so long ago I forgot how. It generated a file called License.key, but I'm getting no help from that, as it's trying to open up in Keynote of all things.

How do I get this done?
Thanks for any suggestions.
-Vincent

Chilton
02-28-2009, 10:04 AM
Hi,

If you're using the Universal Binary, just open Layout, and look in the Mac OS X menu bar, under the Help menu. There should be an 'Enter Unlock Code' item there. Enter it there, restart LightWave, and you're set!

-Chilton

VTA
02-28-2009, 10:20 AM
Hey Chilton,
The thing is, I don't have an unlock code. I'm not sure where I get it from, or I don't remember. I thought I was supposed to get it from the License.key file, but that won't open for me.
Thanks.
-Vincent

Chilton
02-28-2009, 10:52 AM
Hi,

The place you would *normally* go to get your unlock code is http://register.newtek.com/

...and you'd log in, register your app, and get your unlock code.

...but the server has been down all morning. :(

I believe those people in charge of it are working on it now.

Sorry,
-Chilton

VTA
02-28-2009, 10:54 AM
Ok, that's cool.
Just check the register link later, register the product and I'll have an unlock code sent to me?

Thanks again for your help.
-Vincent

Chilton
02-28-2009, 12:11 PM
Hi,

Ok, that's cool.
Just check the register link later, register the product and I'll have an unlock code sent to me?

As I recall, one screen on that URL (once you're in) lets you register, and another is updated with matching unlock codes.

Thanks again for your help.
-Vincent

Any time!
-Chilton

VTA
03-01-2009, 12:01 AM
Still no luck.
When I go to register, it asks for a serial number.
I thought that was supposed to come from my licensing key, which I can't get to.

-Vincent

rsfd
03-01-2009, 08:29 AM
Hello,

you should have a serial number on the software box of your 9.x copy.
When you register your product via http://register.newtek.com/ (on the "my hompage" page) with that serial number, you will get a matching unlock key on your "my products" page besides your serial number.

If you already had registered a 9.x version previously (which seems to be the case, as you mention a generated licence file), you should have an unlock key already on your "my products" page.
That is the number you need to unlock Lightwave via Layout, as Chilton explained.

Btw. if you have a licence key file from an older LW 9.x install (no OpenBeta) you can open that licence.key file with a simple text editor (Apple TextEdit or Barebones TextWrangler), it contains the v.9 unlock key number (and nothing more).

VTA
03-01-2009, 08:50 AM
Hello,

you should have a serial number on the software box of your 9.x copy.
When you register your product via http://register.newtek.com/ (on the "my hompage" page) with that serial number, you will get a matching unlock key on your "my products" page besides your serial number.

If you already had registered a 9.x version previously (which seems to be the case, as you mention a generated licence file), you should have an unlock key already on your "my products" page.
That is the number you need to unlock Lightwave via Layout, as Chilton explained.

Btw. if you have a licence key file from an older LW 9.x install (no OpenBeta) you can open that licence.key file with a simple text editor (Apple TextEdit or Barebones TextWrangler), it contains the v.9 unlock key number (and nothing more).

Ah, I got it. Ok thank you for your help. :thumbsup:
-Vincent

rsfd
03-01-2009, 09:11 AM
You're welcome.