PDA

View Full Version : L 9.6 - Where is "maxObjects" gone?

fishhead
02-27-2009, 10:55 AM
Has anyone else experienced this:
I have a rather large scene consisting of a total of 1430 Objects and I was wondering all the time why rendering the animation showing only the first 1000+ (maybe the "magical" first 1024 ??!!??) objects...
After a few attempts to render it (Locally direct in LW, over the network, divided across on all nodes, or the whole scene just on one single node) I went into scene editor and noticed after opening all my hierarchies that after a certain number of objects (counting from top to bottom of the list) - around 1000 - all objects further down the list were inactive (i.e. no checkmark next to the object layers name)!
So, guess what i did: I went in and activated every single one and hit save.
Well, cool! I thought, at least I was able to fix it. Happy rendering! - well, I was mistaken: exactly the same thing after looking at the finished frames: lots of missing objects again :-(
I opened up the scene again: the same objects are inactive again!!!!
Hmm, I remembered something of a maximum number of items stored in a config-file, did a search and found: nothing?!? No matter which...
If you check older configs of earlier versions you find lines for "MaxObjects" what happened to these in L 9.6???
Does anybody know where to set this limit nowadays or any other workaround???

Any help greatly appreciated - it would be quite a task to sort things up and divide the scene into two just to be able to render it - I am having countless layers already as I am already was planning to multiply these sequences in question in post...
If need be, okay - but shouldn´t there be an easier solution?

walfridson
02-27-2009, 11:03 AM
Hit 'o' to bring up genral options, switch to default tab and there you can set max objects

fishhead
02-27-2009, 11:18 AM
thx, walfridson

but not in my LightWave 9.6 :-(
this is how that panel looks:

walfridson
02-27-2009, 11:32 AM
Strange, I was 100% sure it were somewhere in layout. Just checked myself and can't find it anywhere.. Strange

edit: in 9.3 its there

fishhead
02-27-2009, 11:39 AM
yes, and I did a search inside all config-files of my L 9.6 Installation and did not find anything...

Well I just did all the manual activation again and started the render on my local workstation without saving the scene again - as of yet (just a few frames, though...) it seems okay...

(unfortunately I have no 9.5 installation to check it there and L 9.3 would not load the file without crashing...)