PDA

View Full Version : Scale

twright41
02-27-2009, 10:33 AM
Don,t know exactly how to explain this, but here goes... I want to scale the face of a text letter in a logo. I select the face poly and hit extender pluse then i scale, how do i keep it even on all edges as i scale? it always wants to scale in and down on the y axis. just want to add poly and scale even on the y and x not z. i tried bevel but it gets funky if i go to much.
any help would be most appreaciated.

Thanks much,
twright:confused:

PointC
02-27-2009, 10:38 AM
Is your action center set to selection or mouse? If you set it to selection, it should give you the results your looking for. As far as beveling getting too 'funky', you can just hit 'n' for the numeric panel and enter the values that way. Hope this helps.
Cheers.

twright41
02-27-2009, 11:03 AM
I have tried both mouse and selection, doesn't seem to work.

Thanks

JeffrySG
02-27-2009, 11:07 AM
If you want to scale in one axis only you can use the 'stretch' tool after extender plus. Is that what you really want to do? Hold the cntrl key to constrain to one axis.

If you want to do an inset scale you can use bevel or multishift. MS will give you a few different algorithms for the inset.

twright41
02-27-2009, 11:14 AM
I guess i am not explaining this right sorry, i have a letter G and i have extrude it and beveled the face now i want to select the front poly use extender plus to add more and size it in evenly along all edges when i stretch or scale in any controled axis the result is the same the scale is not even along all edges.
Thanks

JeffrySG
02-27-2009, 11:29 AM
I guess i am not explaining this right sorry, i have a letter G and i have extrude it and beveled the face now i want to select the front poly use extender plus to add more and size it in evenly along all edges when i stretch or scale in any controled axis the result is the same the scale is not even along all edges.
Thanks

Show us some pictures to explain what you want done. Typically a bevel or a multishift will work if I understand what you are asking. see pic. A bevel was used to create this inset. If this is not what you are trying to do, you'll need to explain it with some pictures.

twright41
02-27-2009, 11:33 AM
the picture is exactly what i am trying to do, i just can't get i to go as far as i want.
thanks for everyones help, most appreaciated.

JeffrySG
02-27-2009, 11:37 AM
With the bevel or multishift you can move it in further you just might have some poly cleanup where the points overlap. This usually doesn't take too long. I thought there might be a plugin that does the clean up but I can't find it....

twright41
02-27-2009, 11:42 AM
Thanks Much!